U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,263,868 times

Advertisements

Not one post on this thread expressing any regret whatsover about the cross theft from any liberal. Instead, we have gotten the expected attacks on the OP author and other conservatives that are disturbed about this event. As a vet, I am outraged about this desecretion. I dont give a bleeping tinkers damn who is offended about crosses or not. California liberals would seem to have very, very good eyesight, since they can see that cross in the Mojave National Preserve all the way from Marin County or Beverly Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM

15,422 posts, read 25,317,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
LMAO!

Let's see:

The GOP's last Presidential nominee produces an ad titled "Tolerance":

YouTube - John McCain Web Ad: "Tolerance"

The GOP's last Vice Presidential nominee called for "tolerance":
Palin: It's About 'Mutual Tolerance.' U.S. Is a Christian Nation | The FOX Nation

The GOP's last President repeatedly extoled "tolerance":
Bush Calls for Greater Religious Tolerance in US | News | English (http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-a-2002-02-07-1-Bush-67418692.html?textmode=1 - broken link)
Bush at Islamic Center Urges Tolerance towards American Muslims (http://www.islamfortoday.com/bush01.htm - broken link)
The Free Lance-Star - Google News Archive Search

Anyone who doesn't think the GOP doesn't call for 'tolerance' ad nauseum is in serious need of a clue.
WOW, congrats you found some you tube clips and newspaper articles about a bunch of typical political BS talk. You can find anything on the internet to support your view.

I was talking about REAL people and REAL LIFE interactions with others, not political ads and newspaper articles. I've heard many of that open minded, tolerance BS from self described liberals but rarely from someone who identifies as a conservative.

I know maybe you think you proved something with that ad and those articles but it is common knowledge that the ones that preach "open mindedness and tolerance" the most are liberals more so than conservatives. If you want to convince yourself otherwise then go ahead but you're full of it and know it if you do. Talk about needing to get a clue.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,400,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
WOW, congrats you found some you tube clips and newspaper articles about a bunch of typical political BS talk. You can find anything on the internet to support your view.
I didn't post anything "supporting my view" - I posted things demonstrably disproving your silly claim.

Quote:
I was talking about REAL people and REAL LIFE interactions with others, not political ads and newspaper articles. I've heard many of that open minded, tolerance BS from self described liberals but rarely from someone who identifies as a conservative.
Oh, silly me - instead of responding to what you wrote, I should have responded to what you were thinking!

Quote:
I know maybe you think you proved something with that ad and those articles but it is common knowledge that the ones that preach "open mindedness and tolerance" the most are liberals more so than conservatives. If you want to convince yourself otherwise then go ahead but you're full of it and know it if you do. Talk about needing to get a clue.
Oh, "common knowledge"! I see - in other words, what sav858 believes, unsupported by a shred of evidence. So all these Republicans who don't preach tolerance somehow can't seem to stop themselves from voting for toletance-preaching Republicans for high office? LOL

Keep digging!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 PM

2,805 posts, read 4,223,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Not one post on this thread expressing any regret whatsover about the cross theft from any liberal. Instead, we have gotten the expected attacks on the OP author and other conservatives that are disturbed about this event. As a vet, I am outraged about this desecretion. I dont give a bleeping tinkers damn who is offended about crosses or not. California liberals would seem to have very, very good eyesight, since they can see that cross in the Mojave National Preserve all the way from Marin County or Beverly Hills.
I think it was horiffic. It was a hate crime. However, we don't know who did it. It could have been some orange county arab or jew or somebody from your own platoon or some rotten atheist or The Exorcist girl herself. We. Don't. Know!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM

15,422 posts, read 25,317,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
I didn't post anything "supporting my view" - I posted things demonstrably disproving your silly claim.
You didn't disprove anything. Great, so Bush, Palin, and McCain made some statements preaching tolerance in some newspaper articles and campaign ads, I never claimed that no republican ever said that they are tolerant and open minded. But in general they do not preach that crap and advertise it to the world like liberals do.
Quote:
Oh, silly me - instead of responding to what you wrote, I should have responded to what you were thinking!
Yes silly you for realizing that the word "republican" and "conservative" also refers to everyday people and not just politicians.
Quote:
Oh, "common knowledge"! I see - in other words, what sav858 believes, unsupported by a shred of evidence. So all these Republicans who don't preach tolerance somehow can't seem to stop themselves from voting for toletance-preaching Republicans for high office? LOL

Keep digging!
I dunno, I guess maybe you live under a rock with internet access or something but generally, liberals are known to preach the open mindedness/tolerance BS mantra a lot more so than conservatives. That is widely known imo and you posting some campaign ads or newspaper links by a few politicians doesn't change that. Believe whatever you want and I'm not sure why this gets you so worked up when it's pretty common knowledge whether you want to believe it or not. Just ask around either on here or just with other people.

Since you since you need some evidence to the obvious, the terms "Open Mindedness and Tolerance" have pretty much become synonymous with liberalism.
Liberalism Synonyms | Synonyms of Liberalism and Antonyms of Liberalism at Thesaurus.com

Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,166,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick32 View Post
In John 15:12, it says “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.’’ Why do so many conservatives ignore this in their disdain for California liberals?
We hate what you do, not you

Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,540,253 times
Because it makes rednecks angry. Now get off our internet.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,166,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Frankly, I don't think many people are going to lose sleep over the dismantling of a religious symbol on government land. It is strange that the typical Republican gets all worked up over something so remote\ inconsequential yet ignores basic rights for fellow Americans. Can one imagine if Islamic believers wanted to erect a crescent moon on park land? The Republicans would go into cardiac arrest. Personally I am happy the cross was stolen. Now if the Bible-belt yahoos attempt to erect another religious symbol on public lands it will go back to the Supreme Court for years of ligation.

SailorDave is from Louisiana and has an intense hatred for California. Interestingly nobody from California goes out of their way to attack the South over all their ignorance & pseudo-patriotism. And the usual California-haters now living in South never hesitate to spread their vile around [ie. Curmudgeon].
They can errect their symbols in their own country. I won't care. And what rights for fellow Americans are we talking about?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM

19,126 posts, read 26,597,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They can errect their symbols in their own country. I won't care. And what rights for fellow Americans are we talking about?
Their own country? You do realize there are American born Muslims, right? This is as much their country as it is the Christians, Buddhists, Pagans and Atheists.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM

16,134 posts, read 20,767,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Or Orange County?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California