Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:02 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Went to the SFGate.com article on this story. The comments there, except for my own, seemed to celebrate the theft of the cross.
Why are you so influenced and obsessed with what anonymous people write on the internet? That is truly pathetic on top of being incredibly dumb. Do you honestly think that is a true reflection of people out there? Most people don't even post comments on newspaper stories or on forums like this.

You're stereotyping of Californians based on crap you read in the media is truly sad and pathetic and is getting old, find a new hobby already. You need to get an education and clue b/c you do not seem to have any grasp of reality when it comes to this state and the people in it. Instead you focus on a small minority on the far left and apply all of their baggage and BS to the other 35 million Californians. It's truly pathetic the ignorance you constantly display on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,466 times
In John 15:12, it says “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.’’ Why do so many conservatives ignore this in their disdain for California liberals?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Why are you so influenced and obsessed with what anonymous people write on the internet? That is truly pathetic on top of being incredibly dumb. Do you honestly think that is a true reflection of people out there? Most people don't even post comments on newspaper stories or on forums like this.
People like to see things that support their own beliefs, even if they have no dog in the race or first hand experience with any of it. It's weird, but that's people for you. If someone WANTS all of CA to be full of god hating, military scoffing liberals...they will find things to convince themselves that is true. There is something for everyone on the internet, including fringe lunatics.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Quote:
Why do you hate our nation's military and the christian based religions? You must for some of you to have stolen the war memorial cross within your state.
Why do you hate education and logic?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 PM

282 posts, read 382,344 times
Quote:
Why do you hate our nation's military and the christian based religions? You must for some of you to have stolen the war memorial cross within your state.
Why do Republicans hate gay's when most are gay themselves? See I can be stupid too.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,073,266 times
And you assume it was California liberals that did it, not anarchists or drunk teenagers? Maybe it was done by someone from Nevada or maybe border crossing drug smugglers? Maybe it was metal scavengers looking to sell it as scrap for a few dollars?

Yes you will see anonymous internet postings celebrating the action just like conservative anonymous internet posters celebrate things that match their views.

But to use that as a factual source of what most people on either side of the political spectrum might think or do or agree with is really sad.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Didn't all of the above happen in the San Franlibhole area, rather than California?
I keep forgetting, the Bay Area is it's own little nation!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I'll be here to remind you.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Frankly, I don't think many people are going to lose sleep over the dismantling of a religious symbol on government land. It is strange that the typical Republican gets all worked up over something so remote\ inconsequential yet ignores basic rights for fellow Americans. Can one imagine if Islamic believers wanted to erect a crescent moon on park land? The Republicans would go into cardiac arrest. Personally I am happy the cross was stolen. Now if the Bible-belt yahoos attempt to erect another religious symbol on public lands it will go back to the Supreme Court for years of ligation.

SailorDave is from Louisiana and has an intense hatred for California. Interestingly nobody from California goes out of their way to attack the South over all their ignorance & pseudo-patriotism. And the usual California-haters now living in South never hesitate to spread their vile around [ie. Curmudgeon].

Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
I am a San Francisco liberal who loves my country, supports the military and who respects Christianity and other faiths even though I am not religious. In my neighborhood there is a 109-foot cross on top of a hill that can be seen from all over the Bay Area. There have been some serious attempts to remove it by the ACLU and others, but I am against this. It's part of San Francisco's history, it's beautiful to look at, and I want it to stay. Many of my relatives are born-again Christians, two of my cousins are ministers, and we all love each other and get along just fine. Christianity is about tolerance. Why don't you try it?

Last edited by Bayarea4; 05-11-2010 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: to correct a typo and to add another thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California