U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 AM

25,076 posts, read 32,487,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This morning, vineyard owner Brad Goehring, a Lodi Republican candidate for the 11th Congressional District now held by Democrat Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton, posted this on his Facebook page.

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.”

Tracy Press - Candidate removes web post about hunting liberals
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,368,176 times
Another notable Republican leader in nearby Arizona is a follower of the notorious white racist, Don Black.

Arizona Republican Leader Follows KKK Leader on Twitter

"So, the evidence that the Republican Party has a major racism problem just keeps mounting. I highlight the sad connections between the Republican Party and white supremacists with what sometimes seems like depressing frequency. The latest example comes, not surprisingly, from Arizona.

Arizona State Senate Majority leader Chuck Gray, supposedly part of the mainstream Republican Party and a major proponent of the recent Arizona racist laws, actually is a follower of Don Black, a white supremacist who has been banned from the UK for his violent, neo-Nazi rhetoric, and Chuck Gray is also a follower of Stormfront, Don Black's KKK website. I kid you not. A leading Arizona Republican is a follower on Twitter of a KNOWN KKK leader. (The oddest part of the story is that these two white supremacists are named "Gray" and "Black.")"

Arizona Republican Leader Follows KKK Leader on Twitter | culturekitchen

Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 AM

6,096 posts, read 11,400,568 times
LOL, This liberal will shoot back. I love making the loudest sound in the world with my pump action shotgun!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:03 AM

8,325 posts, read 10,322,585 times
I didnt know the KKK still exists. They were first formed after the civil war. Life was not easy for many after the civil war including the ex slaves. The KKK shouldnt even exist. I wonder if obama gets letters from them.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
7,326 posts, read 4,011,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I didnt know the KKK still exists. They were first formed after the civil war. Life was not easy for many after the civil war including the ex slaves. The KKK shouldnt even exist. I wonder if obama gets letters from them.
Speaking of Obama, seems to me he needs to assert a bit more "leadership" on all this "hate" business and get out ahead of it more, by making at least some effort to acknowledge it's out there, if not growing lately. Hiding from it or pretending it doesn't exist is just part of the problem.

If nothing else, the occasional public-spirited "Presidential reminder" that we're all still Americans who need to find common ground in tough times, certainly wouldn't hurt, and is just as much a part of "bi-partisanship" as any "legislative concessions".

Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 PM

18,985 posts, read 16,194,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The KKK still exists. More's the pity.

As for the start of this thread, are the tags reasonably priced?

Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The rhetoric is pretty over the top, from this guy to Ann Coulter and her fantasies about poisoning liberal Supreme Court Justices to the CNN political commentator and blogger who vowed to "pull a shotgun" on census workers.

And then they act all mystified and incredulous when someone blows up a federal building, bombs the Olympics and gay nightclubs, or shoots up a liberal church on a "kill Democrats" mission...

Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,828,029 times
Does this mean that he thinks the ONLY way he can win is by killing his opposition?

Classy.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM

3,741 posts, read 4,770,380 times
People should take responsibility for their words,especially in this political climate where a sizable number of the electorate are having a hard time accepting a President who doesn't look like his predecessors.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 PM

434 posts, read 461,803 times
Deporting them as traitors would be sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California