Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 04:15 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You probably owe them at least double the amount of the delinquent fees, just make sure if you sell in on Craigslist you fully disclose to the buyer the approximate amount of delinquent fees - if you don't and get something signed by the buyer, there is a loophole in the law that allows a buyer to file an affadavit that you sold it without disclosing the delinquent fees, DMV will waive the fees for them and charge you for them and if you don't pay they will file a lien with FTB. And the seller is responsible for smogging a vehicle they sell so if someone buys it without you smogging it they can come back at you for that
I might be better off just selling it to the wrecking yard. I don't need the hassle from the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:08 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I might be better off just selling it to the wrecking yard. I don't need the hassle from the state.
yeah or non-op it and sell it for parts, just don't let the buyer drive it off, make them tow it and make sure your signed bill of sale states "sold for parts only"

Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 PM

102 posts, read 113,390 times
Its theft. My bank account was robbed. Their excuse was I did not respond to a demand letter. Where does it say American Citizens have to check mail every day or week or month or ever ?

Anyway they stole the money from me and never sent the registration sticker !

If the car was truly "unregistered" how would they even know I owned the darn thing ?

The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law." ... These words have as their central promise an assurance that all levels of American government must operate within the law ("legality") and provide fair procedures.

"Fair procedures"... Go to hell California DMV.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,453,164 times
I assume you're talking about a demand letter from Registration Collections? It takes a while--and several previous letters--to get to that point. What exactly is the issue?

There's a place, I believe in the Vehicle Code, I'd have to look for it--that says when you register or title a vehicle that you give an address "where you can receive mail." It's kind of implied that you actually open the mail.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:41 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I assume you're talking about a demand letter from Registration Collections? It takes a while--and several previous letters--to get to that point. What exactly is the issue?

There's a place, I believe in the Vehicle Code, I'd have to look for it--that says when you register or title a vehicle that you give an address "where you can receive mail." It's kind of implied that you actually open the mail.
Problem is that even if one opens a letter from the DMV and responds to the letter, the wonderful CA DMV does not read and comprehend what was written.

In my case, I moved one vehicle from CA to TN when I bought a home in TN in 2014. It was registered in TN within a week of it entering TN and about 6 months before my CA registration expired. That process was repeated for another vehicle since then. CA was notified by their form that the vehicle is now in TN and registered in TN.

Now CA is sending me notices that I owe penalties, etc. for not registering the vehicle in CA. EACH time they get a written response from me with the dates of the vehicle move, the date of the TN registration and the date of the CA registration expiration.

And each time CA send a more demanding/threatening letter. Latest one they informed me that they could tow the vehicle without further notice.

So I guess CA is going to get a tow truck to drive 2150 miles ONE WAY to fetch my 1999 and 1998 vehicles? And these vehicles are registered and plated in the state in which they are located.

You know how to make CA actually read the response if there is not a little check in the envelope?

Money hungry grifters, that is all they are...take from the working and give it to those with their hands out! Building trains to nowhere...

Money thirsty and will never let go of the body that feeds them, worse that a tick on a dog!

Old 11-30-2017, 05:02 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1981 View Post
Its theft. My bank account was robbed. Their excuse was I did not respond to a demand letter. Where does it say American Citizens have to check mail every day or week or month or ever ?

If the car was truly "unregistered" how would they even know I owned the darn thing ?

The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law." ... These words have as their central promise an assurance that all levels of American government must operate within the law ("legality") and provide fair procedures.

The ca dmv is VERY aggressive when vehicle registrations are not paid. I don't see how they can take money out of your bank account without a court order. But it looks like they don't need that.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:08 AM

102 posts, read 113,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The ca dmv is VERY aggressive when vehicle registrations are not paid. I don't see how they can take money out of your bank account without a court order. But it looks like they don't need that.
or·gan·ized crime
noun
noun: organized crime; noun: organised crime
criminal activities that are planned and controlled by powerful groups and carried out on a large scale. Enterprise engaged in illicit activities as a means of generating income.

Thats how/why they can take money out of your bank account without a court order.

"without a court order"

These disgusting things posing as humans in our government, they put their hands on the bible and swore to uphold the constitution then **** all over it.

Case #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.
Case #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.
Case #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.
Case #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

Meanwhile these scum use the words "driving privileges" on all the different extortion letters they mail out. I am going to call more lawyers today, hopefully find one that wants to help.

Last edited by Jen1981; 12-03-2017 at 06:16 AM..

Old 12-03-2017, 11:04 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,453,164 times
Taxes do not need a court order to enforce payment. If you don't pay the IRS they can attach your bank account, pick up and sell your car, etc. If you don't pay property tax the county can put a lien against your house or even take it and sell it.

The fees charged by the DMV were put in place by the California Legislators. If you don't like paying them, talk to your legislator about changing the laws they put in place. Calling the DMV employees "organized crime" and "scum" for following written law doesn't accomplish much--although it apparently makes you feel better.

If you want to send me a private message with a bit of the actual situation, I can possibly give you advice on your options.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:13 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1981 View Post

You don't understand the Constitution. This is common for people not born here and I suggest you take the time to learn about it. The Constitution provides you with rights and protection from the government. It does not provide you with privilege. When you agree to pay the government money, and you fail to pay, you are subject to the government taking action. You have the right to appeal that action, but this is not a civil case unless you sue the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California