U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-05-2010, 09:34 PM

3,854 posts, read 5,741,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
This is not a troll thread or meant to start a war but it's more about what people think. okay so Native Californians like myself, claim that when an outsider from another state bashes California or stereoypes it, that they are really just jealous and tired of whatever state their from. I want to know if this is true. Like what's your experience?
Well I have fond and bitter memories of California. Am I jealous? No. But I would never live in that state ever again. Way to racist for my taste.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 PM

4,760 posts, read 4,720,318 times
I'm jealous of California! I would give anything to be ANYWHERE in California this summer. Florida summer heat is the pits!! It's over 90 everyday and humid on top of that! No wind!! But it rains. That's about it! I would love to get some wind right about now. I'm sure I will pass out one of these days!!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM

422 posts, read 779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
ok? is that really necessary? You getting upset and blowing what I said out of proportion leads me to believe you are one of those people. There's no reason to get all crazy over that. I asked for opinions not to be attacked and told what I should do. Now if you will excuse me, I've got a life to live that doesn't involve arguing with someone who's actually being the immature one, I'm off to enjoy this beautiful warm weather at the beach. I will also be thanking god for all I've got and that I live here. BYE
No one is upset here young man.....LOL. When you do eventually grow up and gain life experience you will realize that every state in the USA has good points and bad points. There are actually happy people living all over USA. Sounds like you need to get out a bit and see the world. Hopefully, your parents will give you permission.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 AM

4,594 posts, read 6,790,327 times
No its honest. I loved visiting San Francisco and will be visitng Los Angeles and parts of the Mojave Desert (cross country trip) and am definitely looking forward to it but I will never LIVE there.

Something like a 9% sales taxes? The taxes are too high, too much traffic and overcrowding, too little open space in the metropolitan areas, crazy liberal policies and illegal immigration, not my cup of tea. But I do have to say the California of the past, the California that gave us Ronald Reagan, was a much better place. Back then California did truly epitomize the American Dream and the good life (despite the earthquakes), not anymore. And with the quakes, I wouldn't live anywhere with that high risk of natural disasters and most geologists are saying that it will happen soon. At least with a Hurricane you have a week to evacuate (as annoying as it is and a main reason why I won't return to live in New Orleans though I love louisiana) with a tornado you have at least a few minutes to get into your shelter underground but an earthquake is instant.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 AM

47,955 posts, read 43,402,587 times
in spring summer and fall those of chicago cant imagine why anybody would live here.
but late october when that frozen fat man giant sits on chicago and it drops from 60 to 10 degrees in 1 day, then CA does not look so bad.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 AM

8,267 posts, read 9,392,064 times
When i was in the army back in the 80s i would say im from ca & some of the ignorant soldiers mainly from the midwest & eastern us said " Oh..you must be gay". Stupid!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 AM

16,591 posts, read 18,441,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
When i was in the army back in the 80s i would say im from ca & some of the ignorant soldiers mainly from the midwest & eastern us said " Oh..you must be gay". Stupid!
Well, it was the Army...

Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 AM

11,738 posts, read 12,304,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
A common stereotype amongst Midwesterners.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 AM

4,815 posts, read 5,168,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
No one is upset here young man.....LOL. When you do eventually grow up and gain life experience you will realize that every state in the USA has good points and bad points. There are actually happy people living all over USA. Sounds like you need to get out a bit and see the world. Hopefully, your parents will give you permission.
1st of all, I've been all over the united states and mexico. I never said other places weren't beuriful. I simply said some people in boring states like Kansas, Missouri always put down california.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 AM

4,815 posts, read 5,168,893 times
oh and to the people that say it's too crowded and that it's too liberal. Prop 8 proves that california isn't as liberal as everyone else thinks and if you go inland it's not that crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California