Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times

Advertisements

No, it's what you do on the sidewalk when barefoot in FONTANA in the Summer. Beach hot got nuttin on IE hot. Ol' CA beach dweller here as well. Hot was redefined for me once I moved out here back in '04.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 09:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Dry heat is so much better and more tolerable than that hot, sticky, humid, disgusting weather the south and midwest gets and sometimes even the northeast. yuck!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I despise the South and Midwest in the Summer.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:10 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,885 times
What's with all the Californians moving to the Ozarks in Arkansas & Missouri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I despise the South and Midwest in the Summer.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

Good question. They probably weren't born in california and just lived in the state for a few years than decided to move back to nowhere

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,540 times
I am european,my husband is from california and lived and worked many years in europe and asia.He always wanted to come back to his country,he hated the european winters.He came back (after many years absence,only visits)in 2008. He says,California is not,what it used to be..but he still loves it and he is hier happier then in Europe,because of no winter. My husband hoped,that i would fall in love with california,but it did not happen.
I personally think,there is nothing to be jealouse about..california is an expensive state compared to other states,the big majority in this state is struggling very bad financially..i have the feeling after these 2 years in california,that poverty is increasing,is affecting not only the poor,but also the middle class hier very bad...and also the economical situation affected some of the riches...i met bussinessmen,whose companies lost a lot of money because of the economical situation,who had to fire people or even to close their companies..california is broke and i have the feeling more broke then other states in usa and people are harder struggling hier,then somewhere else...rents are very high,costs are very high,house prices are very high,a lot of foreclosures,job loss...i met families in dramatic situations hier..i have never met so many people in my life in such a tragic situation then hier in california..i saw people losing their job,houses,cars..i saw desperation..the other week i met a familly with 4 children,father lost job,they were just selling everything in the house (banc takes it away),they have no place to go..i was in many countries and i saw poverty and desperation,but i have the feeling,californians can not really deal with this...they were used only sunshine and in storm they just not know to survive..i see a totally decline,very hard to fight..in northcalifornia were built so called tent towns..places where people build a tent and live in tent,because they lost the houses and have no place to go...there is no help hier from state like in germany,sweden or different european countries....you are hier on your own..and what you get hier (food stamps and so on)is not enough to cover the expensive california costs...i noticed a lot of problems hier in california,is not only the sunshine or what hollywood preaches...the real life hier is not sugarcoated hollywood style and i do not belive there are reasons to be jealouse...people pay a hard price to live hier,this state is more expensive then other states and i think has a lot more problems then other states..on the other side is not,what it used to be,like my husband said...

people who have a job hier in california are working like crazy (being afraid of losing it)..there is hier no portection like in europe..if you work evening or weekend companies are in eruope forced to pay different and handle people different..hier people work all the hours necessary,just not to be fired...so many job loss hier in caliornia,people are so afraid of losing jobs and existence,they do everything,work three times harder,just to keep it..companies take advantage of this situation and push people to their limits..if we do not like you,there are 10 waiting..it is my opinion,you do not have to agree...this image from califronia;sunshine,beaches...easy going life,looks very different...people are very stressed,afraid of job,house losing,economical insecure...and the unemployed are desperately searching for jobs and can not find one for month..i have american friends,very hard working in north california,can not find a job for moths...it is tragic,people fear for their existence and are not sure about tomorrow hier
..they feel alos more threatened hier in california then somewhere else,because hier to survive a month you need a higher amount of money for your familly then in another state...and the payment are very low hier,i think...a cleaning lady in germany makes 10,15,20 euro an hour(in big cities like munich,berlin)!!!!!!!...hier one make 7,8 dollar an hour...with that money you can hardly afford california...but i met cleaning ladies,who lost their job and were educated on a higher level ,but life did not live them any other choice hier in california...especially 40.50 years old people,who lost their job,have very hard to find a new job...

beaches for examples are very crowded and generally dirtier then somewhere else...maybe on the postcards they look different,but reality is different...i was northcalifornia and south california too..you really have to search long to find a good place...now the famous california girls..(they are really famous in europe too..)...unfortunatley i did not find them...i would say,rather 2/3 overweight women population (looks great in bikini..believe me)...californian women generally (the big majority,NOT ALL!!!) do not take care of themselve,their exterior..it is my opinion and i respect it..they eat a lot of junk food,they do not like to cook and eat healthy,they do not like to dress with syle and class like european women...most of the time i see the uniform:jeans...they have babies in an early age and yes californian women generally have many babies (that they can not afford not only financially,but also emotionally),natality is very high hier...especially hier in south california,where i am (50 percent hispanic population and they have a different aproach to having babies and families,sorry it is the truth)..if they have babies and more then one bay,you can of course see that on their bodies...californian women do not make too much sport my opinion and no sport activity and bad eating habist combined lead to a different image then the famous california girl...

california has also a huge,a very huge drug problem,i think,huger then other states,because of being so close to mexico...drugs are in schools,are everywhere,the best and the worst famillies...drugs is in fashion hier,there are even mothers smoking weed and not having a problem with that...and alkohool...people drink a lot hier,also they can not really afford it...i think drug,alkohool and pill addiction is higher hier then in other states...my opinion again,you do not have to agree...

there is a lot to say,but generally,i do not think,there are really reasons to be jealouse...is not,what it looks like..it is not ,what hollywood preaches...reality is different...i personally would like other american state much better,but i know my husband's home is hier,his heart is hier...equal,where we go,california is in his heart..equa,how much california changed,equal how hard times california makes through,it is his country,his love....and i am a convinced european,so we will live six months hier in california (in five years,when junior is in college),six months in europe,so everybody is happy...

Last edited by Buburuza13; 06-26-2010 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 09:16 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Are people REALLY jealous of California?

??
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ah ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! *snort* Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:16 AM

^ I am not reading all that. sorry.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are people REALLY jealous of California?

??
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ah ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! *snort* Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No.
ok this is coming from someone living in TEXAS(S). Texas has nothing to be jealous of either. You all have huge ego's and think that you all can just seperate from the rest of America. well you can't so give it up and shut up already.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:21 AM

you know, maybe if some of the people here would try to be serious and actually explain why they don't like it and I don't mean because of what you hear or what you think, but you're experience. and no being here for a week or less than a year really doesn't give you any idea how the state is. Don't be like Texass up there, and be obnoxiously annoying. actually use your brain and explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California