U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:40 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,733 posts, read 2,127,025 times
Reputation: 709

Advertisements

Who is Miss Louisiana ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
 
184 posts, read 263,965 times
Reputation: 107
We lived in So. Ca. twice and never again. Why? Some of the lowest morals of anywhere we lived, isolated society, you only get to know the people you work with! Wierd? I would say so. Now we live in central Florida and it's heaven on earth, people are beyond friendly. Everybody talks to everybody, noone is a stranger!! We go to Disneyworld with our annual passes as many times a week we want to. We go to the beautiful Gulf beaches, with white sand or drive to the islands with seashells. We haven't even gotten to Universal yet. It's always sunny, but not humid (not compared to the horrendous upper midwest). More flowers here than Hawaii and the homes are drop-dead Georgous for very reasonable prices. Utilities are cheaper and no state income tax. The peope are what count the most for us. We are 7 miles north of Disney and LOVE it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
 
4,815 posts, read 5,687,530 times
Reputation: 2665
I'm sorry *mr.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 PM
 
4,815 posts, read 5,687,530 times
Reputation: 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
We lived in So. Ca. twice and never again. Why? Some of the lowest morals of anywhere we lived, isolated society, you only get to know the people you work with! Wierd? I would say so. Now we live in central Florida and it's heaven on earth, people are beyond friendly. Everybody talks to everybody, noone is a stranger!! We go to Disneyworld with our annual passes as many times a week we want to. We go to the beautiful Gulf beaches, with white sand or drive to the islands with seashells. We haven't even gotten to Universal yet. It's always sunny, but not humid (not compared to the horrendous upper midwest). More flowers here than Hawaii and the homes are drop-dead Georgous for very reasonable prices. Utilities are cheaper and no state income tax. The peope are what count the most for us. We are 7 miles north of Disney and LOVE it.
That's funny cause someone just said the exact opposite about florida!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,492,222 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
We lived in So. Ca. twice and never again. Why? Some of the lowest morals of anywhere we lived, isolated society, you only get to know the people you work with! Wierd? I would say so. Now we live in central Florida and it's heaven on earth, people are beyond friendly. Everybody talks to everybody, noone is a stranger!! We go to Disneyworld with our annual passes as many times a week we want to. We go to the beautiful Gulf beaches, with white sand or drive to the islands with seashells. We haven't even gotten to Universal yet. It's always sunny, but not humid (not compared to the horrendous upper midwest). More flowers here than Hawaii and the homes are drop-dead Georgous for very reasonable prices. Utilities are cheaper and no state income tax. The peope are what count the most for us. We are 7 miles north of Disney and LOVE it.
Please, at least don't lie! Florida is the most humid state in the nation because of it's geographic position. If you don't believe me than look it up and educate yourself. I love Florida but I know fully well is it the most muggy state in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
50,074 posts, read 42,457,212 times
Reputation: 21612
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Please, at least don't lie! Florida is the most humid state in the nation because of it's geographic position. If you don't believe me than look it up and educate yourself. I love Florida but I know fully well is it the most muggy state in America.
I am not going to argue about the most humid state, but you might want to know only 2 of the top 10 most humid cities are in Fl and they are toward the bottom. Wash State has the top 2.

You love Florida, how many times have you been to Florida and did you actually spend any time there or did you just drive through of spend a day or so at Disney World?

We have 2 kids in Florida, one in the pan handle and one in Orlando. Sure, it can get muggy, so can the beaches in California, but the state isn't nearly as uncomfortable as say, Houston, Dallas or Laughlin NV for that matter, just to mention a few places we have lived or spent a considerable time in.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 PM
 
4,815 posts, read 5,687,530 times
Reputation: 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Please, at least don't lie! Florida is the most humid state in the nation because of it's geographic position. If you don't believe me than look it up and educate yourself. I love Florida but I know fully well is it the most muggy state in America.
it's funny because like 3 posts before this post someone said they hated florida for the heat and humidity lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
 
184 posts, read 263,965 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Please, at least don't lie! Florida is the most humid state in the nation because of it's geographic position. If you don't believe me than look it up and educate yourself. I love Florida but I know fully well is it the most muggy state in America.
WRONG Californie surfie. We moved from Wisconsin where the humdity is ALWAYS in the 90's and 100's winter and summer. In Florida, in the winter it's around 30 or 40, nice and in the summer it varies, one day 60 another 80. We love the tropical climate and the constant smell of orange blossoms and flowers. We have sandhill cranes walking on the sidewalk in front of our home, right now, it's beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:36 PM
 
Location: SW MO Aux Arcs
19,260 posts, read 16,615,550 times
Reputation: 17369
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Can you prove anything you claim with facts? No, because it is all cliches that people in the South love to refer to as a way of feeling better about living in a part of the country most people find BORING! Tell us a little something about Louisiana [maybe you can start with poverty and ignorance].
You're either out of your mind or mindless. CA has a run-away economy, is horribly expensive compared to most other states and the tax burden is atrocious. Those aren't clichés. Those are facts!

Here's are a few examples. Why should I pay $400,000 or more, most likely more, for a house on a lake in CA, if I could even find one 900+ feet deep with 800+ miles of shoreline, when I paid less than half that much here? Why should I pay $4,000 a year in property tax, and possibly additional Mello-Roos assessments, in CA when there's no such thing here and my property tax is well under $1,000 a year? Why should I pay probably 10.5% income tax in CA when, as a retiree, I pay less than six percent here and that will drop next year when they will no longer tax my state pension? Why should I pay over 9.50% in sales tax in CA when it's about 4.50% here? Want me to go on?

Why should I pay around $.40 a gallon in gas tax for expensive, CA-only gas in CA when I pay $.17 a gallon here and the overall price is general $.30-45 less per gallon? Why am, I buying grain and grass fed beef, mostly black Angus, with no antibiotics, fillers or hormones when I had to pay a minimum of a third more for beef full of those things in CA?

Here's a good one. Why should I pay as much as $250 a year in homeowners association fees in CA to have the color of my house, the position of my garage door, my landscaping, parking, lighting, etc. decided for me when I can pay $205 a month on property owner's assessment for road maintenance and clearance, an association center and lovely pool sitting on 15 lots we partially own and our own community wells for which we pay $30 a quarter for all of our water needs. People here are very considerate and don't need a bunch of extra rules. Our government from the state level on down stays pretty much out of our lives. You see, we're adults and it's our government, not theirs.

"Show me" means we're independent and capable of and allowed to take care of ourselves. In fact, unless we're certifiably mentally ill or a felon, the government must issue us concealed carry weapons permits and we have a true castle doctrine that means if someone enters our house without our consent we can shoot them and can be neither questioned beyond establishing that fact nor sued by the individual or their family. It's presumed they came in to do harm to property or person.

So much for your freaking clichés. You and caliguy19 are beginning to sound like two hand puppets talking to one another with a single puppeteer!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 06-27-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,733 posts, read 2,127,025 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Can you prove anything you claim with facts? No, because it is all cliches that people in the South love to refer to as a way of feeling better about living in a part of the country most people find BORING! Tell us a little something about Louisiana [maybe you can start with poverty and ignorance].
Tell me which one you disagree with , and I'll be happy to address it .
Here's a few for you start with ...
National Alliance to End Homelessness: Library: Changes in Homelessness 05 - 07 Map

Taxes by State

Electric Power Monthly - Average Retail Price of Electricity to Ultimate Customers by End-Use Sector, by State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top