Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
I would like you to leave. That would be wonderful! You don't see any of us going over to the Illinois board hating on it!
Tough, kiddo. This is an open forum. But there is hope -- the ignore feature is at your disposal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Tough, kiddo. This is an open forum. But there is hope -- the ignore feature is at your disposal.
How come people aren't jealous of Chicago or Illinois?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Some people are jealous of Chicago and do whatever it takes to move here. Others couldn't care less. What's this got to do with the topic?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
caliguy, enough with the rudeness, please.

Drover, please explain what you said.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Some people are jealous of Chicago and do whatever it takes to move here. Others couldn't care less. What's this got to do with the topic?
Why are you posting on the California forum? If anything it suggests you have some sort of preoccupation with California and need to vent your antipathy for my state. And to be quite honest, nobody is jealous of Illinois and you and both know it. But rather than go into numerous examples I will let it go with the question to you: why are you posting on the California forum?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,332,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
see that's it right there. You only *visited*. I'm sure you didn't see everything it has to offer. You just choose based on what you saw in LA or something.
You have no idea where I went , what I saw . or how long I was there .

I have plenty of reasons I choose not to live there . I'm not making them public here , because the subject isn't open for debate . California isn't for everybody . Deal with it .

Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Drover, please explain what you said.
Sure thing. The condescending superiority attitude displayed by caliguy19 is a common sentiment expressed by many Californians. It's not enough to just like California, but they have to go on and put other places down. It's the West Coast version of NYC-centrism. This is a big part of why California gets the kind of scrutiny it does. A similar, perhaps related, reason is Californians' legendary propensity to move to a different state and make spectacular boors and asses of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Why are you posting on the California forum? If anything it suggests you have some sort of preoccupation with California and need to vent your antipathy for my state. And to be quite honest, nobody is jealous of Illinois and you and both know it. But rather than go into numerous examples I will let it go with the question to you: why are you posting on the California forum?
Because someone asked a question and I answered it. And I don't need nor will I seek your blessing to do so.

I don't care if anyone is jealous of Illinois or not. It doesn't affect my day-to-day life one way or another. You're another glaring example of the type of person I just described to Fontucky.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Sure thing. The condescending superiority attitude displayed by caliguy19 is a common sentiment expressed by many Californians. It's not enough to just like California, but they have to go on and put other places down. It's the West Coast version of NYC-centrism. This is a big part of why California gets the kind of scrutiny it does. A similar, perhaps related, reason is Californians' legendary propensity to move to a different state and make spectacular boors and asses of themselves.

Because someone asked a question and I answered it. And I don't need nor will I seek your blessing to do so.

I don't care if anyone is jealous of Illinois or not. It doesn't affect my day-to-day life one way or another. You're another glaring example of the type of person I just described to Fontucky.
Oh, I'm just so crushed! You seem to be avoiding the question. What about Chicago is better than Los Angeles? And why don't people on the Illinois forum ask why people are jealous of Illinois? The answer, of-course is probably something you'd rather not know. I'll give you a hint: nobody is jealous of your state because aside from Chicago you state is super boring!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 PM

You keep trying to push that same button. Since you haven't figured it out yet, I'll come right out and tell you, it doesn't work.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,128,301 times
Quote:

what are you talking about? and why the hell are you bringing me into this discussion with someone else? I am so tired of this topic. i wish the moderator would just lock it. I am tired of arguing, making a good point and then getting critisized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California