Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You are sooooo wrong. What is it with the pro illegal immigrant crowd always lying?
Why is that if you revere the Constitution you are pro illegal? An odd leap of judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
What did he say that was any different than that. What do you think "reasonable suspicion of alien status" means? Are you serious? Of course when you have no history of being harassed by the police, this type of thing doesn't bother you. Ohhh yeah it's perfectly fine to be questioned about your immigration status. Oh wait, because as a white person you never will be.
I'm glad you said this as I am having trouble doing so in a tactful way. It's simply amazing how insensitive and blissfully ignorant some can be when it comes to these sorts of things.

This is what racism actually is. It's the systematic, often institutionalize discrimination, not the idiot yelling slurs. Bigotry is what that is. Racism is more dangerous precisely because many people don't recognize it. They can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM

358 posts, read 395,013 times
Quote:
What did he say that was any different than that. What do you think "reasonable suspicion of alien status" means? Are you serious? Of course when you have no history of being harassed by the police, this type of thing doesn't bother you. Ohhh yeah it's perfectly fine to be questioned about your immigration status. Oh wait, because as a white person you never will be.
LMAO!!! the "Lawful contact" was replaced with "Lawful stop, detention or arrest" there is a very huge difference between the two. I was also pointing out that if you have proper identification THERE IS NO REASONABLE SUSPICION- And that is AFTER YOU ARE STOPPED FOR BREAKING THE LAW. If you can provide basic information about yourself THERE IS NO REASONABLE SUSPICION. Give the officer your name, DL#, SSN, etc... whatever and they can run it through the database. Then again you will only see what you want... Oh yeah... and thanks for pulling the race card, really shows how ignorant you are...

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Why is that if you revere the Constitution you are pro illegal? An odd leap of judgment.
What are you talking about? When did I ever say I was in favor of the language of the fourteenth amendment? you have me confused with someone else... nice try, gotta do better then that...

Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 AM

282 posts, read 382,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
LMAO!!! the "Lawful contact" was replaced with "Lawful stop, detention or arrest" there is a very huge difference between the two. I was also pointing out that if you have proper identification THERE IS NO REASONABLE SUSPICION- And that is AFTER YOU ARE STOPPED FOR BREAKING THE LAW. If you can provide basic information about yourself THERE IS NO REASONABLE SUSPICION. Give the officer your name, DL#, SSN, etc... whatever and they can run it through the database. Then again you will only see what you want... Oh yeah... and thanks for pulling the race card, really shows how ignorant you are...
Again, another clueless conservative that likes to pretend there is no racial injustice in America. Another clueless conservative that does not think the Police and Law Enforcement can't abuse power and make up any excuse to pull somebody over for "Violating the law". Yeah For a group that doesn't trust government, you hypocrites need to stick to your story. You trust them to be "lawful" and pull people over ONLY who break the law. Yeah that's really going to happen.

Another thing, the only people who keep throwing around the paranoid "race card" brush off are the ones who are most obsessed with race i.e conservatives who keep bringing it up then try to shoot it down. It is a racial issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not. There is a reason why so many people are upset by this law, but you don't care because again, you're white, conservative and think racism does not exist but like to use the "race card" catch phrase defense. "Race Card" to a conservative is code word for No such thing as racism.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Again, another clueless conservative that likes to pretend there is no racial injustice in America. Another clueless conservative that does not think the Police and Law Enforcement can't abuse power and make up any excuse to pull somebody over for "Violating the law". Yeah For a group that doesn't trust government, you hypocrites need to stick to your story. You trust them to be "lawful" and pull people over ONLY who break the law. Yeah that's really going to happen.

Another thing, the only people who keep throwing around the paranoid "race card" brush off are the ones who are most obsessed with race i.e conservatives who keep bringing it up then try to shoot it down. It is a racial issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not. There is a reason why so many people are upset by this law, but you don't care because again, you're white, conservative and think racism does not exist but like to use the "race card" catch phrase defense. "Race Card" to a conservative is code word for No such thing as racism.
This is a racist comment. I support the law. I'm a second generation American-Mexican. I am highly educated and very conservative. You would be surprised how many Latinos quietly support this law. Very surprised.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 AM

282 posts, read 382,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
This is a racist comment. I support the law. I'm a second generation American-Mexican. I am highly educated and very conservative. You would be surprised how many Latinos quietly support this law. Very surprised.
LOL at saying somebody is "White" is a racist comment. You don't know what racism is. Why are they and you quietly supporting the law? Scared of being called out for being the uncle toms of your group? Us Blacks have people like you in our group too, they are called sellouts and uncle toms. They will fight tooth and nail to dissociate with any ethnic heritage they have in order to be accepted socially by the majority.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
LOL at saying somebody is "White" is a racist comment. You don't know what racism is. Why are they and you quietly supporting the law? Scared of being called out for being the uncle toms of your group? Us Blacks have people like you in our group too, they are called sellouts and uncle toms. They will fight tooth and nail to dissociate with any ethnic heritage they have in order to be accepted socially by the majority.
Wooow... so the truth finally speaks. Judging by your post(s) I would have to say you are just another ethnocentric, chip on the shoulder, entitled person. Discrimination comes in all forms.. I can give you plenty of examples of minorities discriminating against me, it's a two way street. And just so you know there will always be people in society of all colors that will abuse their power, but they make up few and are far between. So should we just not have any laws at all? I feel really sorry for you... people that feel the way you do are trapped by their own feeling of "injustice" and make little of themselves in life.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:

People only use the race card because it's PC to give that person a pass if they do. The only reason I bring race up on this forum is when people start spouting off about how "racist" the law is against Hispanics. You need to remember that Hispanics make up the vast majority of illegal immigrants coming to America, and I have already proven time and again through the UCLA Chicano studies work that there is a huge problem with that segment of the population. As you can see someone cried to a moderator about the excerpts I posted, and they were removed due to "copyright infringements". Regardless, you show me proof of how well illegal immigrants do in America, and what an asset they are. I don't want to hear boo hooo hooo you are a White racist conservative.. poor me... show me proof, or stop using the proverbial race card.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times
Now if only we could get a boycott of "Made in PRC" and we could focus on getting jobs back and keeping borders controlled at the same time.

But no one will ever let the former happen, everyone needs those $100+ sneakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California