Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 PM

282 posts, read 382,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Wooow... so the truth finally speaks. Judging by your post(s) I would have to say you are just another ethnocentric, chip on the shoulder, entitled person. Discrimination comes in all forms.. I can give you plenty of examples of minorities discriminating against me, it's a two way street. And just so you know there will always be people in society of all colors that will abuse their power, but they make up few and are far between. So should we just not have any laws at all? I feel really sorry for you... people that feel the way you do are trapped by their own feeling of "injustice" and make little of themselves in life.
Oh boy, here goes the I'm the white male victim story. Yes, you've had it very hard in this country, I mean being a white male in America must be the roughest thing on earth. Everybody is out to get you, yes, booo hoooo.

Again, I don't take people like you serious who believe they have it bad because they are white males and minorities are out to get them. B. Think I have a chip on my shoulder because I don't think it's right to profile and give law enforcement authority to openly harass people. Then again, when us crybaby minorities complain about injustice we are just making it up and playing the race card. However when you think it happens to you ohhhhh god it's reverse racism (Whatever that means) or it's some big huge ordeal. Must be rough being a white male with all that historic police brutality you all have faced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 PM

358 posts, read 395,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Oh boy, here goes the I'm the white male victim story. Yes, you've had it very hard in this country, I mean being a white male in America must be the roughest thing on earth. Everybody is out to get you, yes, booo hoooo.

Again, I don't take people like you serious who believe they have it bad because they are white males and minorities are out to get them. B. Think I have a chip on my shoulder because I don't think it's right to profile and give law enforcement authority to openly harass people. Then again, when us crybaby minorities complain about injustice we are just making it up and playing the race card. However when you think it happens to you ohhhhh god it's reverse racism (Whatever that means) or it's some big huge ordeal. Must be rough being a white male with all that historic police brutality you all have faced.
I never said I had it bad, sorry. The Boo Hoo Hooo was for you crying about race. I was pointing out that it works both ways, what do you want me to do? what reparations can I pay? If I become a self hating White person that will always be indebted to you? do you not have more educational opportunities than I do? Am I the reason your people are incarcerated more than anyone else? can you not get into a prestigious college over me with lower qualifications? I mean come on... be responsible for who you are, it's no ones fault but your own. As long as this entitlement mentality continues no one is going to take you, or people like you seriously. Let me help you out here: http://www.blackexcel.org/link4.htm that is a list of scholarships for Black people to help pay for college. Shoot... I could find none for Whites only... kinda wierd right? now on to institutions of higher learning... You are in the right place to enroll in a CSU or UC school, being a minority will really help you get into the best ones. Once you complete college through hard work, sacrifices and determination then we can talk.

Last edited by Iceman82; 06-08-2010 at 03:37 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 PM

282 posts, read 382,344 times
Quote:
I never said I had it bad, sorry. The Boo Hoo Hooo was for you crying about race. I was pointing out that it works both ways, what do you want me to do? what reparations can I pay? If I become a self hating White person that will always be indebted to you? do you not have more educational opportunities than I do? Am I the reason your people are incarcerated more than anyone else? can you not get into a prestigious college over me with lower qualifications? I mean come on... be responsible for who you are, it's no ones fault but your own. As long as this entitlement mentality continues no one is going to take you, or people like you seriously. Let me help you out here: Scholarship Gateway | Free Scholarships for African American and Hispanic Students that is a list of scholarships for Black people to help pay for college. Shoot... I could find none for Whites only... kinda wierd right? now on to institutions of higher learning... You are in the right place to enroll in a CSU or UC school, being a minority will really help you get into the best ones. Once you complete college through hard work, sacrifices and determination then we can talk.
First of all you can cease talking to me like I'm a criminal with no education none of what you're talking about implies to myself or Most Blacks so kill that trash.

LOL, Typical you just don't get it, what's next, it's racist Blacks get BET and whites don't get WET. How about the NAACP is racist, when are you going to pull that one. No one is going to take "My People Serious". Really? Keep typing, it confirms what myself and people with brains already know, the right wing is full of racist morons.

Nobody said you owe us anything, that's in your dilusional head. If you were educated you would know that there is no more Affirmative action in the California University system have you forgotten prop 209. FYI I am highly educated and contrary to what you and most conservatives believe it's not because of Affirmative Action. I guess all those Black and other Physicians and lawyers of color are sub par and are using the dumb'd down Affirmative Action version of law and medical books.

Last edited by Oakland Uptown; 06-08-2010 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM

358 posts, read 395,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
First of all you can cease talking to me like I'm a criminal with no education none of what you're talking about implies to myself or Most Blacks so kill that trash.

LOL, Typical you just don't get it, what's next, it's racist Blacks get BET and whites don't get WET. How about the NAACP is racist, when are you going to pull that one. No one is going to take "My People Serious". Really? Keep typing, it confirms what myself and people with brains already know, the right wing is full of racist morons.

Nobody said you owe us anything, that's in your dilusional head. If you were educated you would know that there is no more Affirmative action in the California University system have you forgotten prop 209. FYI I am highly educated and contrary to what you and most conservatives believe it's not because of Affirmative Action. I guess all those Black and other Physicians and lawyers of color are sub par and are using the dumb'd down Affirmative Action version of law and medical books.
"First of all you can cease talking to me like I'm a criminal with no education none of what you're talking about implies to myself or Most Blacks so kill that trash."

Last time I checked I was simply pointing out you obviously feel someone owes you something... you made this entire issue about race:
"Of course when you have no history of being harassed by the police, this type of thing doesn't bother you. Ohhh yeah it's perfectly fine to be questioned about your immigration status. Oh wait, because as a white person you never will be."
"Again, another clueless conservative that likes to pretend there is no racial injustice in America."
"It is a racial issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not. There is a reason why so many people are upset by this law, but you don't care because again, you're white, conservative and think racism does not exist"
"Us Blacks have people like you in our group too, they are called sellouts and uncle toms. They will fight tooth and nail to dissociate with any ethnic heritage they have in order to be accepted socially by the majority."
"Must be rough being a white male with all that historic police brutality you all have faced."
The only logical conclusion I could come to is that I owe you something.. I was simply asking what kind of reparations you would like...not to mention I never said you were a criminal to begin with- read what I wrote, and the ignorance you display makes it obvious to everyone on this forum you have little to no education, so I was trying to get you on your way.

"LOL, Typical you just don't get it, what's next, it's racist Blacks get BET and whites don't get WET. How about the NAACP is racist, when are you going to pull that one."

I could really care less... I am just showing you that Blacks do have opportunities.

"No one is going to take "My People Serious". Really? Keep typing, it confirms what myself and people with brains already know, the right wing is full of racist morons."

The only racist moron here is you, READ WHAT I WROTE SMART GUY! "as long as this entitlement mentality continues no one is going to take you, or people like you seriously" Does that read you and all Blacks? I assume you took English 101 in college correct? so let me help you on that one.. People with entitlement mentalities will not be taken seriously (including you)

"Nobody said you owe us anything, that's in your dilusional head."

Huh.. you sure make me feel like I owe you something..

"If you were educated you would know that there is no more Affirmative action in the California University system have you forgotten prop 209. "

Bill would allow state colleges to consider race - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/06/03/2797180/bill-would-allow-state-colleges.html#ixzz0prN2g38V - broken link) Don't worry... soon enough, just keep your fingers crossed. Google minorities in CSU and UC colleges to see how much effort is put into recruitment of minority students. For you to say it's no longer a factor is ridiculous: "Academic accomplishments in light of the student's life experiences and special circumstances." "Location of the student's secondary school and residence."special interests, such as intensive study and exploration of other cultures;" University of California - Admissions

"FYI I am highly educated and contrary to what you and most conservatives believe it's not because of Affirmative Action. I guess all those Black and other Physicians and lawyers of color are sub par and are using the dumb'd down Affirmative Action version of law and medical books"

The education factor.. well you know what I think about that. I'm not crying about affirmative action, even though I think it has harmed minorities more than it has helped.. but I think no less of a Black or minority professionals. I would suggest you go to my scholarship links, and really do get an education.. it will help to further you in life.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It is not surprising that the few towns in California taking a pro-Arizona law position happen to be in Orange county [the only coastal county in California to vote Republican]. Always out of sync with the rest of the state, the old white people [who emigrated to California from the Midwest & South] are finally dying off
Such tolerance. California is going bankrupt because of allowing every illegal to sneak into the country and state.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The Arizona law has nothing to do with securing the border [which needs to be a priority] but rather is a major insult to hispanic Americans and why so many cities in California and elsewhere are boycotting Arizona. It is simplistic and a distortion to view the Arizona law as an effective means to control illegal immigration. And my last sentence was not sarcasm.

Yet two of your largest cities are proud sanctuary cities and California is going bankrupt because of them.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM

206 posts, read 416,616 times
Quote:
what reparations can I pay? If I become a self hating White person that will always be indebted to you? do you not have more educational opportunities than I do? Am I the reason your people are incarcerated more than anyone else? can you not get into a prestigious college over me with lower qualifications? I mean come on... be responsible for who you are, it's no ones fault but your own. As long as this entitlement mentality continues no one is going to take you, or people like you seriously. Let me help you out here: Scholarship Gateway | Free Scholarships for African American and Hispanic Students that is a list of scholarships for Black people to help pay for college. Shoot... I could find none for Whites only... kinda wierd right? now on to institutions of higher learning... You are in the right place to enroll in a CSU or UC school, being a minority will really help you get into the best ones. Once you complete college through hard work, sacrifices and determination then we can talk.

Are we really discussing the same topic????? This is about the law in AZ. While yes they did make a change to the law a few days after passing it. But really a police can stop you for practically any reason-with reasonable suspicion-which is again quite vague. Normally you have some rights once he/she has stopped you, here you can be arrested for not having the right kinda documentation. Remeber, you don't have to be driving for a stop. It is very subjective to the police officer who is making the stop. Now you can always go to court later-but here you are thrown in jail already. Border patrol is a federal agency-local police depts are not and vary by jurisdiction and yet they all have the same power now.

This is very different from border patrol who have that job. The police are doing many other things and in the course of their multiple duties have the power to do this too. Now since most illegals in that area tends to be brown skinned , that is the demographic they are going to be focussed on. If you are white, you probably don't have to worry and so the majority is ok. If they change the law and make it that everyone the police stops at any time must be processed by this law and can be thrown in jail -I am guessing the support for this law will vanish.

This is what I and oakland was alluding to. Now those of us who fit the profile have to be constantly worried about documents and being interrograted by police and thrown in jail simply because we look different. Last I checked, this is America-not some dictatorial country.

It is interesting to read this forums. I am pretty much retired and have lived mostly in the east coast and CA. So I guess I am practically colour blind-in terms of differentiating a person by color. I love labradors(dog breed). You get them in several colours-black and brown(the brown have several shades ranginging from chocolate to pretty much white-sometimes all mixed in the same litter. That is pretty much the same with humans-it is just the skin. Who cares about skin color as long as you are good ?

I was reading in the AZ forum, someone saying about a raid that occured before this law and they actually arrested citizens. Someone was saying that it was good that the brown citizen was arrested-because now they will go back and chase the other illegal folks away. Do people honestly think every brown person is a day labourer or some such? Anyway this is getting way off topic.

You can be against illegal immigration and be against this law at the same time. They are two different issues. What this has to do with self hating whites I do not know. You know acknowledging something happened is not self hating. It just is something that happened in the past-history. If like in TX were they are sanitising slavery or like in VA where the GOV claimed that slavery was so minor an issue that it need not even be mentioned in their civil rights proclamation-that is a whole another issue. Interesting perspective though.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM

206 posts, read 416,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yet two of your largest cities are proud sanctuary cities and California is going bankrupt because of them.
Well they were sanctuary cities before too, when the economy was doing great . Then by this logic, the economy was good then because of them being sanctuary cities!

To me right now, illegal immigration is the least of my concerns. This is a decades old issue. What I am most worried about is the loss of competetivness. We invented the internet(ok not Al Gore) and here we send all our jobs to India and letting them grow and become an IT powerhouse. We were decades ahead in technology-what do do? We send all our knowledge and knowhow to China and give them jobs and show them how to do it. Now they are catching up and so is India and we are quibbling about these issues.

Then you have several people like Palin talking about American exceptionalism etc. You know if you studied history, China was once an open and pioneering society. They invented gun powder(you would think it was the west, with the use of firearms), printing presses etc and they wen't to hibernation for a long time. I think when we become successful and ahead of everybody for too long, we become complacent and forget that we got there by blood, sweat and tears and not just because we are the top. But folks a few generations removed from the struggle to the top, just start beleiveing that they are somehow superior to evryoneelse . That is what probably allows us to believe that we can give someone all our jobs, technology, knowhow and still expect them to remain subservient to us. Well the next decade or two should be interesting to say the least. Honestly would anyone run a business like that?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Exactly, if I just walk down the hill to the store, I don't take my whole wallet, I take the change I need.
Yep and if God forbid you were to be struck by a car and killed no one would know who to call and tell them you were dead! How easy it would have been Just carry your wallet , All your problems solved . No big deal unless you make it one.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You people need to stand up for your country before its gone, adios, vamanous, history, bye bye, hasta lavista, dasvidania, aloha, auf Wiedersehen ,Arrivederci, Au revoir, you get the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California