Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:40 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times

Advertisements

Interesting.. drug users decrying the efforts of those of us who ARE on the front lines.. I could care less what a drug user who is part of the problem thinks... because by its very insidious nature those who use drugs have lost touch with reality and conscious living

A drug user is part of the problem and NOT part of the solution...

It is revealing how much a person chest puffs actually speaking about the ills of drugs .. cartel violence.. gross pollution of our environ by drug production and then uses those very same drugs with a smug arrogant attitude... thank god good people figured it out here where I live and all the hard work I put in along with many talented people on Measure A paid off... there is a firestorm of pushback from many counties in California who dont want the effects doper nation behavior creates... frustrating being on the losing side.. isnt it>

Thankfully now in Shasta County we are beginning to pull plants.. and this is a great tool in solving neighbor complaints... giving less than desirable people frequenting residential areas a reason to leave... out of towners,, like people who rock on boats and smoke dope,, and demand the product from areas like where I live and work.. while smugly insulating themselves from the harm they create.. from the cartels that come here and will continue to do so no matter legal or illegal to the social harm upon society that drug proliferation creates to the local growers (who are distributing much of the product equaling or exceeding the cartels.. unlike incorrect info that people who use like to put out)

Yes.. I really care what a drug user thinks... not... I care what decent people think.. what productive people who want to get along with their fellow citizens think.. who want to live within the framework of our laws..I care what they think.... not cowboy drug outlaws.. or smug boat rockers living on tax dollars they claim to have earned.. and are only too happy to highlight to the rest of us... its all just a little story isn’t it..in smoke filled haze perhaps

There is little that comes from marijuana use (or all drug use including pharma abuse and alcohol) that is positive.. and the 2 percent of the population that can really potentially medically benefit from marijuana effects will always be able to access it.. or access better quality drugs with greater efficacy

Im open to more studies,,including a good full scale one by the FDA and stricter controls.. and better legal distribution routes... Im not ok with doper nation behavior,, grow in my backyard,, destroy the environment.. currupt underground economy,, zero controls.. nope.. that doesnt work

Look in the mirror.. can a drug user really feel they are honest with themselves?... I proffer it might be better to look in the mirror and see that reflection than to challenge the veracity of someone else

But this is all classic drug behavior I have deal with daily.. in person.. in a radiocar.. on a forum.. its pretty much the same.

Now.. I am sure in an open forum drug users can find solice among others like themselves... but in real life,, at least where I live they have to live a lie.. and worry about their behavior all the time.. that is when they aren’t so stoned that they can remember the next day the effects of what they did... or in many cases,, didn’t do..

Nope.. drug use including marijuana has zero benefits for working people like me who care about the quality of life issues in my community.. other than job security... and marijuana does give me some of that..

Sad.. wasted lives..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
or smug boat rockers living on tax dollars they claim to have earned.

But this is all classic drug behavior I have deal with daily.. in person.. in a radiocar.. on a forum.. its pretty much the same.

Sad.. wasted lives..
Roger all that nmo. But wait, what tax dollars do I live on? You mean my Social Security I paid into for over fifty years?

Now nmo, anyone can install a police scanner in their Honda and drive around following the boys in blue. "Buff" behavior like that doesn't constitute "dealing with".

It is sad and wasted to live a lie as you do all twisted inside and fearful.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:23 PM

451 posts, read 562,307 times
It's sad to see how many of you are nothing more than blind sheep. You follow the policies and guidelines that are set by politicians and don't question anything about it. This is the case even though it has been repeatedly shown that politicians and government agencies have told countless lies to convince us to take a stand on certain topics (marijuana being this one).

How many times were we all told that marijuana is a gateway drug? Or told that it is addicting? Etc etc.

You sheep then draw a hard line on drugs. Yet discount alcohol due to its history and acceptance amongst the majority even though alcohol is a harder, more addicting and dangerous drug. So you make a blanket statement and include marijuana in with drugs like meth, etc. You call users of marijuana stoners and druggies. You make yourselves out as pious people because you follow whatever drug policy the "moral majority" has declared righteous.

I wonder if you would call your family members druggies if they smoke cigarretes and it was illegal. I wonder if you would call yourselves druggies back in the days of prohibition.

I also wonder if you question half the prescription pain medications that are out there today that causes addiction. Have you heard of oxycoton? Do you remember when methamphetamine was legal?
Why does the US allows tv commercials for drugs?

You idiots are sheep because you don't question anything. Do you ever question the prihibition of marijuana? It's addictive qualities? The fact that it continues to be a schedule 1 substance along with heroin and LSD yet numerous scientists have concluded its therapeutical qualities to numerous conditions? I wonder what other conditions marijuana could help but, unfortunately, because it is a schedule 1 drug there are limited studies on the subject. You sheep don't think about that. You follow and graze on the bs your honest politicians tell you.

Sorry for any mispellings, written on my phone.

Last edited by latino_esq; 11-24-2014 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: editing

Old 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Interesting.. drug users decrying the efforts of those of us who ARE on the front lines.. I could care less what a drug user who is part of the problem thinks... because by its very insidious nature those who use drugs have lost touch with reality and conscious living

A drug user is part of the problem and NOT part of the solution...

It is revealing how much a person chest puffs actually speaking about the ills of drugs .. cartel violence.. gross pollution of our environ by drug production and then uses those very same drugs with a smug arrogant attitude... thank god good people figured it out here where I live and all the hard work I put in along with many talented people on Measure A paid off... there is a firestorm of pushback from many counties in California who dont want the effects doper nation behavior creates... frustrating being on the losing side.. isnt it>

Thankfully now in Shasta County we are beginning to pull plants.. and this is a great tool in solving neighbor complaints... giving less than desirable people frequenting residential areas a reason to leave... out of towners,, like people who rock on boats and smoke dope,, and demand the product from areas like where I live and work.. while smugly insulating themselves from the harm they create.. from the cartels that come here and will continue to do so no matter legal or illegal to the social harm upon society that drug proliferation creates to the local growers (who are distributing much of the product equaling or exceeding the cartels.. unlike incorrect info that people who use like to put out)

Yes.. I really care what a drug user thinks... not... I care what decent people think.. what productive people who want to get along with their fellow citizens think.. who want to live within the framework of our laws..I care what they think.... not cowboy drug outlaws.. or smug boat rockers living on tax dollars they claim to have earned.. and are only too happy to highlight to the rest of us... its all just a little story isn’t it..in smoke filled haze perhaps

There is little that comes from marijuana use (or all drug use including pharma abuse and alcohol) that is positive.. and the 2 percent of the population that can really potentially medically benefit from marijuana effects will always be able to access it.. or access better quality drugs with greater efficacy

Im open to more studies,,including a good full scale one by the FDA and stricter controls.. and better legal distribution routes... Im not ok with doper nation behavior,, grow in my backyard,, destroy the environment.. currupt underground economy,, zero controls.. nope.. that doesnt work

Look in the mirror.. can a drug user really feel they are honest with themselves?... I proffer it might be better to look in the mirror and see that reflection than to challenge the veracity of someone else

Now.. I am sure in an open forum drug users can find solice among others like themselves... but in real life,, at least where I live they have to live a lie.. and worry about their behavior all the time.. that is when they aren’t so stoned that they can remember the next day the effects of what they did... or in many cases,, didn’t do..

Nope.. drug use including marijuana has zero benefits for working people like me who care about the quality of life issues in my community.. other than job security... and marijuana does give me some of that..

Sad.. wasted lives..
It's holiday season. A good time to dispense with the seething hate, no?

Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
It's holiday season. A good time to dispense with the seething hate, no?
Or reserve it for the in-laws.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
So what you are saying here is that people who smoke marijuana are not decent people, are not productive, don't want to get along with - or disrupt the community/fellow citizens, and do not abide by the laws.

Well....name me one person who totally abides by the laws.
About a month ago a very dear friend who smokes (smoked -RIP- R.M.W). He died of natural causes, but T's not his death that is the focus. In life this man was a big part of the community. Anyone who was in need, and he could be of assistance, he was there. Even when he was incredibly ill, he was volunteering with community activities.
He was well known and loved by all who knew him, even local law enforcement.

I also care about those I live around and work (yes, work, meaning being productive) with. And I am always careful to be sure I have dressed myself so that I'm not indecent.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
It's sad to see how many of you are nothing more than blind sheep. You follow the policies and guidelines that are set by politicians and don't question anything about it. This is the case even though it has been repeatedly shown that politicians and government agencies have told countless lies to convince us to take a stand on certain topics (marijuana being this one).

Lets see Senor.... if I can follow you.. I understand your'e on your phone.. so Ill be accomodating

Countless lies.. heck its California.. the lies that are countless are told by the people who profit from marijuana production

How many times were we all told that marijuana is a gateway drug? Or told that it is addicting? Etc etc.

In my personal experience every person I have ever dealt with that uses harder drugs uses/used marijuana at some point

You sheep then draw a hard line on drugs. Yet discount alcohol due to its history and acceptance amongst the majority even though alcohol is a harder, more addicting and dangerous drug.

Not me my Hermano.. alcohol is probably worse than MJ on the body.. I only say probably because at first look MJ definately doesnt appear to damage the body like alcohol.. but now that we have large swaths of people living on MJ lets see what some of the untold effects are before we give it the Good Housekeeping stamp of approval..... unfortunately a huge difference is that alcohol is made and distributed legallly,, not grown in a back yard destroying the environment

So you make a blanket statement and include marijuana in with drugs like meth, etc. You call users of marijuana stoners and druggies.

Chronic marijuana users are druggies and stoners.... what should I call them "connoisseurs" or "persons with cultered tastes"?

You make yourselves out as pious people because you follow whatever drug policy the "moral majority" has declared righteous.

I follow my own morality and sense of right and wrong because I had good role models

I wonder if you would call your family members druggies if they smoke cigarretes and it was illegal. I wonder if you would call yourselves druggies back in the days of prohibition.

None of my family uses cigarettes

I also wonder if you question half the prescription pain medications that are out there today that causes addiction. Have you heard of oxycoton? Do you remember when methamphetamine was legal?
Why does the US allows tv commercials for drugs?

I agree with you wholeheartedly.. make a platform Ill vote for you

You idiots are sheep because you don't question anything. Do you ever question the prihibition of marijuana? It's addictive qualities?

Well.. it is addicitive.. its the extent that is open to debate

The fact that it continues to be a schedule 1 substance along with heroin and LSD yet numerous scientists have concluded its therapeutical qualities to numerous conditions? I wonder what other conditions marijuana could help but, unfortunately, because it is a schedule 1 drug there are limited studies on the subject. You sheep don't think about that. You follow and graze on the bs your honest politicians tell you.

I believe it should be reclassified... we dont enforce most laws regarding marijuana anyway here in kalifornia

Sorry for any mispellings, written on my phone.
Its ok Senor "esq".. I forgive you

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-25-2014 at 11:14 AM..

Old 11-25-2014, 04:46 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
I like to get all drugged up on the weeds and watch some society-destroying television.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I like to get all drugged up on the weeds and watch some society-destroying television.
These days, seeing on TV what happens when rogue cops get away with murder. The seething hate and its inevitable results does have destructive consequences for society. We worry about the angry cops...

Old 11-27-2014, 10:53 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,132,725 times
Marijuana enforcement is officially de-prioritized in SF, Oakland, Berkeley and many other communities around the Bay Area and the rest of California. That means if you aren't committing a crime, you won't be hassled for weed alone by police. So, if cops don't think it's a crime, and it can be legally obtained, grown and possessed, what's the big deal?

The answer is: marijuana use and possession isn't criminal activity. It's archaic to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California