Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 PM

807 posts, read 897,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Sounds like a good argument for legitimizing and regulating commercial cannabis production. Whiskey stills blew up in prohibition days, too.

The demand is there. The law has successfully tested the water. The sky hasn't fallen.
To add to this, if the marijuana industry wants to retain its position as a health related item, it would fall under FDA regulations for production. This takes some of the enforcement pressure off of local police and requires regular audits for safety and quality.

Even if it isn't as strict as full on pharmaceutical and medical device rules, nutraceuticals are still subject to a reasonable minimum standard for quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:42 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Ugh.. another honey oil residential fire last night.. this one in west redding... so innocent..it's just meficine... but hey.. keeping hundreds of canisters of butane in your garage ..cooking oil.. and the having an open flame means
Boom... instant urban renewal
The suspects are on the run... but identified.. amazing.. all 215 holders...imagine that..
As a 215 holder, I do NOT approve of such kinds of operations.
I did not approve of them with marijuana was not legally available and I still don't approve not that we have the availability.
Anything that could cause such a danger does not require anything legal or illegal, all it requires is someone being stupid. I know plenty of people who act in stupidity who DON'T smoke.

So please, be aware of how you point that finger.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:17 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times
"I'm ambivalent about legalizing marijuana because I was addicted for 27 years. ... I saw how it can make you say and do things that are provocative and perilous." Marijuana's downside - LA Times

Old 01-05-2015, 05:26 PM

128 posts, read 372,687 times
Butane is no joke. My friend made some BHO at home once for personal use and I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. If you have a medical rec, just go buy it.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:32 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"I'm ambivalent about legalizing marijuana because I was addicted for 27 years. ... I saw how it can make you say and do things that are provocative and perilous." Marijuana's downside - LA Times
The same can be said about anything that people crave, right down to chocolate. Booze, cigarettes, sex, exercise (yes, it's addictive to many), sugar, carbohydrates, adrenaline, gambling.

No, I'm not being frivolous.

Of course marijuana has downsides. Just like my list above. The question is whether it should be the cause of people being jailed. Are people jailed for acting out on caffeine? Caffeine addicts act far more dangerously than pot heads in my observation.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The question is whether it should be the cause of people being jailed.
You didn't read to the bottom of the article, Tule! (The columnist doesn't think so, either.)

Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,835,041 times
Quote:
The same can be said about anything that people crave, right down to chocolate. Booze, cigarettes, sex, exercise (yes, it's addictive to many), sugar, carbohydrates, adrenaline, gambling.
...C-D

Old 01-05-2015, 11:14 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You didn't read to the bottom of the article, Tule! (The columnist doesn't think so, either.)
Correct. I did not read - any of it. I was only responding to the quote. The "evils" of weed are cited endlessly and ubiquitously as if the reports are somehow a brilliant NEW discovery. But truth remains that humans - indeed some other animals and birds and even insects as well - have always had a fondness for 'altered states'. And somehow, in spite of our 'weaknesses' and the ready availability of substances to do the alterings, um, here we are, 100's of thousands of years later, barreling along in remarkable societies, inventing things no less than flabbergasting, etc. While along the way, a sad, small minority fall into the rabbit holes of addiction and struggle to regain consciousness.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,132,373 times
Quote:

No, I'm not being frivolous.

Of course marijuana has downsides. Just like my list above. The question is whether it should be the cause of people being jailed. Are people jailed for acting out on caffeine? Caffeine addicts act far more dangerously than pot heads in my observation.
Cravings aside, marijuana use has already been deemed not worthy of legal intervention by my municipality and marijuana posession for personal use has been deemed completely legal by the most liberal and permissive guidelines imaginable by my state. Abuse this freedom at your own peril. It is incredibly permissive, compassionate, and free of predatory prosecution, as found in other states.

Be responsible, and nobody (including law enforcement) will fool with you in San Francisco, even if you are silly enough to smoke in public in broad daylight. What more permission is necessary?

Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,450,688 times
12 arrested during San Francisco's 4/20 pot-smoking celebration

Racial gap in pot busts extends to SF

Blacks and Latinos Dominate Oakland Marijuana Arrests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California