Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 8,008 times

Advertisements

Any tips on campgrounds along I-90?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,228,721 times
What kind of amenities are you wanting? RV hookups? Showers? Entertainment for kids? KOA type or Forest Service type? How near to the interstate? Is it Erie, PA you're leaving from? Approximate dates?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,984 times
KOA campgrounds are your friend. You can order a book from them that has all of their locations listed.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:25 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,429,770 times
Don't forget a stop at Jellystone Park

(Hey hey Boo-Boo!)

Last edited by Gandalara; 05-22-2010 at 12:38 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 04:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,590,103 times
I liked Osen's RV park and Campground in Livingston, Montana. I was tent camping when I stayed there, but it was nice to have hot showers available, along with flush toilets. I don't mind primitive camping, but sometimes those amenities are worth the added expense. Cost was $22 per night for a tent site, IIRC. They also had wifi access, which was included in the price.

They are located just a few blocks south of I-90, and one or two blocks west of US 89 (the road leading to Yellowstone's North Entrance).

That is the only campground I recall camping in near I-90. Will you be traveling only on I-90, or will you have time to see some sights along the way? If so, there are some other nice places that may be within range of your route.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,672 times
Leaving from Boston mid July, and tenting it. Don't need much for amenities, but a shower and rest room would be great. Be solo on a Harley, so know that some campm grounds don't really like bikes. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,698 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Did MANY trips solo on MC. Used parks, fairgrounds, and lots of farm fields / back roads. Seldom put up tent unless raining. (seldom used Interstate highways, as I would often fall asleep riding constant speed. I like backroads, and seldom carry a map, just use the sun as a guide (except when raining, then find a library to sleep in during the day). Most city parks in SD, WY, MT, ID will allow MC camping NOT Buffalo, WY. (Powell has wonderful city park)

In WY, grab a steak in Story, WY, then head over the bighorns via 14 and 14a, then on into yellowstone via Beartooth (most spectacular road in USA, especially on MC)
Beartooth Highway

Free Campgrounds for RVs

I shower during the heat of the day (miserable time to be riding) at local swimming pools, rivers, hot springs, lawn sprinklers in cemeteries, parks, and ballfields, truckstops, motels (day rate is CHEAP), often stop at state parks / campground and use shower during day, but not stay there @ night. I ride very early morning and evening (watch for deer / antelope) AND COWS in open range. THEY really HURT. I nap / go to AC library during afternoon.

Black Hills can be very nice / fun EXCEPT during Sturgis, it is just too out of control and distasteful for most. (Tho I have been many times and used to race there annually (flattracker from the '70's, THE great era of racing)

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 05-08-2012 at 12:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing