Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:24 AM

121 posts, read 221,329 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much to all of you! What wonderful information I have gotten - I've taken lots of notes and I have a part time job so I am saving money like crazy while considering my next adventure!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
We have a single female friend who has a Van conversion with a stove, sink, bed and potty in it. She seems to get a lot of use out of it. She plugs into a power outlet to use a small electric heater and reading lamp and uses the bathroom at the home of friends she might be visiting. It is smaller than a motorhome, less expensive to buy and operate, and much easier for her to drive. That is just another option for you.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,527,483 times
I full time and live in a 35 ft class A. This set up works best for me. I've done both volunteer work for a campsite and worked in National Parks & National Forests for concessionaires. I prefer to volunteer but the extra income is a bonus.

I try to only move twice a year. This cuts down on the fuel expense. If you can get your campsite for free then all you have is food and entertainment expense. Depending on where you are will determine how well you can stay connected to the outside world. I got better reception in Yellowstone NP than I did in a National Forest in western Virginia.

Plenty of places are looking for seasonal help. Nobody is doing that work to get rich. Most jobs are severely underpaid. The companies with the contracts are banking on attracting people more interested in the location than in the job. You will met great people that are very adventurous. Just remember that the season will be over in a few months and don't dwell on the fact that the pay for what you are doing should be a lot higher.

PM me if you have any specific questions. Best of luck down the road

Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Seasonal help - - Amazon is usually looking for RV workers in Coffeyville, Kansas, Campbellsville, Kentucky, and Fernley, Nevada. Hourly wage, completion bonus and campsite included. Oh - and employee discount

Amazon Fulfillment - CamperForce

The lady in charge of this program is always posting over in another website's message boards.

I am not associated with Amazon! Just passing the info along.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
hey, while following the Amazon trail... I found this interesting blog for single female full-timers. Hope it works out well for all. It certainly will be an adventure!
5 Pieces of Advice for Aspiring Single Female RVers | Interstellar Orchard

Old 10-20-2013, 03:17 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
hey, while following the Amazon trail... I found this interesting blog for single female full-timers. Hope it works out well for all. It certainly will be an adventure!
5 Pieces of Advice for Aspiring Single Female RVers | Interstellar Orchard
SR! Thanks for that! She's got a really good blog!

Except now I blame you for spending all Saturday afternoon reading it, LOL

Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
I follow this woman, her blog is great, she is fulltiming in a 17' Casita with her 2 dogs. She writes well about her adventures and you can also learn a lot about RVing along the way.

rvsue and her canine crew | Living on less and enjoying life more

Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I'd suggest that you try rving by renting a motorhome for awhile. You'd probably enjoy it, but if you've never tried it, that's quite a risk.
Not necessarily. You can buy a little travel trailer and get a tow package for your car for less money than renting a motorhome for a week. Try that first. Full-time RV'ing does not necessarily have to mean: Giant road beast towing more junk. Since you're already possession-free, you should be able to start with something very simple, especially if you're sticking to warm climates. If nothing else, you can use it to see a lot of things on the way to someplace you rent more long term. And then if you love the lifestyle, upgrade as needed.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:45 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I follow this woman, her blog is great, she is fulltiming in a 17' Casita with her 2 dogs. She writes well about her adventures and you can also learn a lot about RVing along the way.

rvsue and her canine crew | Living on less and enjoying life more
Aww, you beat me to it

Love her latest visit to Quartzsite, where Bridget and Spike pose with the Naked Bookseller
Quote:
Bridget and Spike tactfully look away, rather than up.
LOL

Old 11-28-2013, 04:50 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Aww, you beat me to it

Love her latest visit to Quartzsite, where Bridget and Spike pose with the Naked Bookseller

LOL
LOL, Have you read the latest with her meeting Dale and paying it forward.

If I the real estate market ever comes back, I'm thinking about getting a Nash17k from Northwood Manufacturing and joining her as a single fulltimer, I can't believe how many are out there. I'm not a big desert lover like Sue but I could sure spend a few months down there each winter and spend the rest of my time in the PNW.

If I'm having a really bad day, I'll go read her blog and go back somewhere to older posts and read, she writes so well and is so up lifting...LOVE the story of Rusty and Timber and how her blog made the news and her followers helped find Timber and reunite them but also helped Rusty furnish his new home...amazing folks still out there. Sometimes when I'm in the P&C forum I forget that there are still good people out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing