Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 02:02 PM

133 posts, read 486,387 times

Advertisements

Anybody know of anything in Colorado, or tri-state area close by? We're headed to Colorado next summer (where we plan to stay permanently) and really don't want to detour to Florida or anything on the east coast, which is where I've found most schools.

Arizona would be another option. I've looked on line for schools, can't really find much other up-to-date information other than those in FL or east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 04:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Check with the escapee web site..there used to be several RV Boot Camps around the west...

Old 11-29-2013, 05:24 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
We're headed to Colorado next summer
Plan to stop in the Elkhart Indiana area.

Pretty much anything related to RV's can be found there.
Probably even someone willing to take your money for lessons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkhart,_Indiana#Industry
It's almost en route from WI to CO too.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,711 posts, read 58,042,598 times
I don't think I would waste my money on RV repair school.

Find a job that will mentor you into the trade. I is really not that much different that you need a course of study / certificate. You can learn most by DOING.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Are you talking about DIY seminars just so that you can do a little more of your own repair work?

Or actual vocational programs geared toward making rv-repair a PT or FT career?

For technical training there's this guy:
Home - Mobile RV Academy … who travels around giving high level training programs and various falsities throughout the west. I haven't taken any of them or spoken to anyone who has.

Also, in Colorado specifically there are several mobile and brick & mortar repair facilities (besides just camping world) which have a lot of training resources and some seminars that they put on for the public. If you watn to stay central on the front range, I would contact Turbo's Mobile RV Service, based in Monument (Turbos RV | Mobile RV Service). I happen to know the owner, and although I do not use him for a lot of my own work (he's too high end for me) he has made a good success out of his business, serving people all of CO and some surrounding areas, and does really quality work. It's not cheap, but for someone in a $500k 40-footer stuck in a campground or along the road, I think he is the next best thing to manna from heaven for them. In any case, he will know a lot about training certification options in the area. And of course if you can find a way to apprentice with someone like him, or one of the bigger shops in town, that would be the ideal way to learn.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:45 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
This is the "only" school I know that trains RV technicians. I did meet one of the instructors and based on conversations with him it seems like a great program.

There are also certification classes for RV technicians. Don't know anything about those.

Hope this helps. I just RV, but did remember the instructor from an RV seminar.

RV Service Technician Entry Level Training
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing