U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:30 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,442,945 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed any particular websites where RV owners advertise for and/or are looking for a companion with whom to go on RV trips together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 07:34 PM

18,147 posts, read 8,195,557 times
There are websites promoting community among RVers.

Google 'escapees RV', 'singles on wheels', 'sisters on the fly' for starters.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:02 PM

1,190 posts, read 657,953 times
Hookup with people via workamping

Old 05-03-2017, 02:09 PM

28,487 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Has anyone noticed any particular websites where RV owners advertise for
and/or are looking for a companion with whom to go on RV trips together?
First... define "companion"

If you've never actually been in an RV you'll find that it isn't really suitable for sharing w
with a second person that you aren't otherwise (wink wink nod nod) real comfortable with.

Try craigslist "ridesharing" for a try.
Give them a lift from area X to area Y with some sightseeing along the way.
Maybe it'll click

Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,196,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Has anyone noticed any particular websites where RV owners advertise for and/or are looking for a companion with whom to go on RV trips together?
It would be safer to be in your own RV and caravan with other RVers. There are a variety of websites where RVers post - I see a few folks asking others to join up for longer trips. Sometimes its better (safer) in numbers in case you get stranded, have break downs, get sick, etc.

RV clubs like https://www.escapees.com/ have rallies as well. Might look into their group.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:55 PM

617 posts, read 248,962 times
I too would caution taking along a passenger you don't know real well. Lots of solo RVers out there join groups that are going the same direction you want to go though which gives you a sense of community, safety and support. You can check out who is going where on these two websites. The WINs are particularly popular from what I've seen while on the road.
WINs (Wandering Individual Network)
https://rvsingles.org/
LOWs (Loners on Wheels)
Loners on Wheels - Home

Old 05-18-2019, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 373 times
Default Thinking abt part time rv'ing

I am a partially retired 65 yr old woman who does not own an rv but really thinking about it. Anyone else out there, similar in age, thinking about it too?

Beth

Old 05-18-2019, 11:52 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,537 posts, read 39,914,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbronco View Post
I am a partially retired 65 yr old woman who does not own an rv but really thinking about it. Anyone else out there, similar in age, thinking about it too?

Beth
This is a pretty popular Demographic, and I have met many who fit. There are at least (3) on this forum who are traveling solo in their RV's (at the moment, AFAIK). I met several in AU and NZ who had teamed up with friends or sisters. Of course NZ has thousands of pre-age 31 gals RVing together.

Most popular is the Class B (van conversion), or a mini C.

My single mom bought her first MH (Toyota Chinook) in 1974. She went on to have at least 10 different rigs, but LOVED her Roadtrek and Rialta,
She was never with 'partner' other than a disabled spouse for a few yrs. Not her style, but suits many,

I would also join Escapees, and attend their 'Boot Camp'.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 PM

3,575 posts, read 1,772,860 times
Tough to live with someone else in a house. An RV would be a greater challenge I think.

On the other hand - camp sites are a great place to meet folks. Almost everybody is in a relaxed and friendly mood. Many lubed up with spirits I think.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:13 PM

18,147 posts, read 8,195,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbronco View Post

Beth
IMO, the majority of serious RVers (those who take months-long trips or full-time) are 50 and over. There are plenty of younger people doing it too, some with kids, but the largest single demographic is retirees.

There are plenty of couples, but they usually travel in larger rigs. Not that many couples in vans, although they do exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or