U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:57 PM

597 posts, read 1,157,073 times

Advertisements

I like very much to make camping. Me and my familly make camping a long time. I know campsite almost all states of my country. Here, we have campsite in many places like beach and mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:04 PM

25,023 posts, read 23,916,326 times
I love to camp. I like to be out of the house and away from noise, electricity, lights. I like to cook over a fire and sit in a folding camp chair, or on a rock, and watch the embers. I feel so peaceful falling asleep to the sound of insects and night birds calling.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM

374 posts, read 1,001,707 times
In the wintertime, we even set up a tent in our living room and roast hot dogs and marshmallows on the woodstove, just for fun. That's how much I like camping!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,313,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I love to camp. I like to be out of the house and away from noise, electricity, lights. I like to cook over a fire and sit in a folding camp chair, or on a rock, and watch the embers. I feel so peaceful falling asleep to the sound of insects and night birds calling.
Great post! This is just what I like about camping. I usually try to find places where the sites have no electrical hook-ups because that keeps out all the monster trailers and busses. Collecting firewood and sawing it down for the fire is hard work and I sweat, but the fire at night is worth all the effort. Then it's relaxing to watch the fire and drink some French red wine. Some people think that insects are too noisy at night to fall asleep, but I have no problem. Once I camped about 100 feet away from a noisy waterfall. We had to to talk loud to be heard above the crashing water. At night it was like therapy; fell asleep easily and woke up well rested the next morning. I usually make coffee in the evening and pour it into a thermos, so I can have a cup of hot coffee as soon as I crawl out of the tent. During the day I take my two dogs (terriers) for long walks on the trails.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM

25,023 posts, read 23,916,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganAK View Post
In the wintertime, we even set up a tent in our living room and roast hot dogs and marshmallows on the woodstove, just for fun. That's how much I like camping!
LOL, I've done that! The last time that we bought a tent (a while ago) Dad was out of town and the teenager and I camped in the living room, cooked our dinner in the fireplace. It was a lot of fun.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,829,523 times
Oh yeah, I love camping! I can't wait now that it is finally getting warm enough to start going again Sitting by the campfire out in the middle of nowhere, cooking over the coals, drinking a cold beer.. what's not to love?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,015,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I like very much to make camping. Me and my familly make camping a long time. I know campsite almost all states of my country. Here, we have campsite in many places like beach and mountain.
here in Ohio we have some great "State Parks" to go camping at. My wife and I love to hook up our camper one week-end each month and try each of them. Its just a great way to get away and meet new people .

Old 04-03-2009, 03:31 PM

597 posts, read 1,157,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I make camping since 1978 and I love it. I try use every time when has holyday in a friday or monday, because I can enjoy friday, sat., sun., and monday.
Ever I spent Christmas and the last day of year in camping with my familly.
I have a good tent with two room and good space to move. I am member of a clube called CAMPING CLUB OF BRAZIL and it has camp site in several places of country, with good infrastructure like safety, WC, showers, etc...

Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,783,910 times
Love camping! We have a 32' RV that we take. I know....some people say its not camping, but we have 2 kids that do not like tents, so its the only way we can go. Besides, we are ouside most of the time.
We book all of our trips in the winter months, so we will be gone almost half the spring/summer. My favorite parts of camping are exploring the woods and sitting by the campfire at night drinking a few cold ones, listening to the night sounds, and staring at the stars. First trip is in May...cant wait!!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,905,446 times
I like camping too but where we camp we have to take care with storing food or these bears will pester you all night.
The bottom picture is of Poison Ivy, not to be confused with toilet tissue !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing