U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:30 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,629,006 times

Advertisements

I've posted previously on CD that I would sell everything and move into an RV in a heartbeat.....just to keep the kids from constantly moving back in with me. I need something I can crank up and head down the road when I see them coming.

Just kidding......kind of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM

14,131 posts, read 20,906,379 times
LOL Glory-we now have two kids..Each with four legs. We'll stuff them somewhere inside haha

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,189,449 times
Ha, I have one very whiney "kid" (kitty). Would have to take her along....

Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 PM

3,696 posts, read 3,292,546 times
himain,
You mention traveling with your furry friends. Don't forget to make sure you have your pets vaccinated and carry copies of their medical records as well with you on your travels. There have been times we were so glad to have Q-tip's (our Eskie) medical records. Most of the campground directories show if a campground has pet restrictions of any kind so those are good sources as well.

Plus... there is kind of a camper/pet Etiquette. Common sense kind of things... like keeping your pet on a leash not only for their safety but for others, picking up after them, and how your pet responds to being left in the camper by itself if you need to leave for a while. Do they bark incessantly or are they quiet as a mouse? Make sure you know how to program your generator to kick on automatically if you must leave them and for some reason there would be a power outage. These RV's will get HOT very quickly just like a car. Of course, this too is dependent upon the rules at the campground.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM

14,131 posts, read 20,906,379 times
Thanks Aus, my two furry friends are cats (although it might only be one by the time we head out ) and will be updated with everything. I will make sure they are comfortable in the rv at all times!!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM

45 posts, read 144,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
himain,
You mention traveling with your furry friends. Don't forget to make sure you have your pets vaccinated and carry copies of their medical records as well with you on your travels. There have been times we were so glad to have Q-tip's (our Eskie) medical records. Most of the campground directories show if a campground has pet restrictions of any kind so those are good sources as well.

Plus... there is kind of a camper/pet Etiquette. Common sense kind of things... like keeping your pet on a leash not only for their safety but for others, picking up after them, and how your pet responds to being left in the camper by itself if you need to leave for a while. Do they bark incessantly or are they quiet as a mouse? Make sure you know how to program your generator to kick on automatically if you must leave them and for some reason there would be a power outage. These RV's will get HOT very quickly just like a car. Of course, this too is dependent upon the rules at the campground.
Very thoughtful and caring advice - thank you! We (my sweetheart and I) have 2 Shih-Tzu's and 1 chocolate lab. The Shih-Tzu's go everywhere with us and the BBD (Big Brown Dog) gets to go camping, fishing and hiking. She wouldn't do well in our little tent trailer all day..of course neither would the little ones...we haven't left any of them yet!

Old 06-26-2009, 12:40 AM

11,436 posts, read 17,160,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Selling everything, buying an RV and traveling the country for a year?? The bf and I are considering doing it next year. Anyone done this or thinking of doing this?

I'll say this, It's is more enjoyable if your young, sometimes as we age we loose interest in things we enjoyed when we were young, I've known people who planned to do this all their life and then when the time comes the interest is gone or the money isn't there so what I'm saying is if it sounds good and you can do it then go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or