U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 PM

15,927 posts, read 7,200,382 times

Advertisements

I hate my Tx. summer!!! Would love to trade out with a cooler climate. Anyone interested in getting a great tan in S. Tx., for some frigid weather up north????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 10:59 AM

12,450 posts, read 18,538,532 times
Trade a campsite? Is there even a need for such a thing with the variety of cheap campsites available?

Also, remember - From June to August, just about everywhere east of the Mississippi except the mountains is hot, humid, and sticky. You can't get away from it.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,770,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Trade a campsite? Is there even a need for such a thing with the variety of cheap campsites available?

Also, remember - From June to August, just about everywhere east of the Mississippi except the mountains is hot, humid, and sticky. You can't get away from it.

Why not? Trading houses is gaining popularity fast. Lots of people own their own lot in an RV park. Some people would love a change of scenery. Parking in the same place for long periods gets old and just dont fit the RVer lifestyle. I would do it. That is a good idea for a business. Hmmmmm

Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 PM

9,449 posts, read 17,493,265 times
You could buy a membership in a park. We have one just outside of Rapid City. You can find them on the secondary market for $1500 or less, and that would give you a free spot 3 weeks out of each month, May through Sept., IIRC. Ours also has a $300 or so yearly maintenance fee. (We didn't buy on the secondary market, unfortunately. I think we paid $6000!)

Old 06-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Guess I was just dreaming. I'm just desperate to get out of my So. Tx. heat.

I know the summer months are filled with families, and are pretty booked up during that time. I just remembered when we traveled to the Blue Ridge Mtns. a few years ago, in October, we saw quite a few RV's that were parked at camp sites obviously on a year round basis.

And DS41, it does sound like a good idea for a business!!! LoL!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM

45 posts, read 144,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Guess I was just dreaming. I'm just desperate to get out of my So. Tx. heat.

I know the summer months are filled with families, and are pretty booked up during that time. I just remembered when we traveled to the Blue Ridge Mtns. a few years ago, in October, we saw quite a few RV's that were parked at camp sites obviously on a year round basis.

And DS41, it does sound like a good idea for a business!!! LoL!!!
Don't give up "Sweetie Pie" - (I thought that was my name!!) It is a good idea. We live in Idaho but we are moving to SE Washington. Idaho is cool - today, June 18th, it is 66 with a cool breeze blowing. We have a cabin up in the mountains the snow barely melted up there!

Currently my husband is living in a RV Resort in the Tri-Cities. There are lots of people who "live" there and may love to change sites.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajagirl View Post
Don't give up "Sweetie Pie" - (I thought that was my name!!) It is a good idea. We live in Idaho but we are moving to SE Washington. Idaho is cool - today, June 18th, it is 66 with a cool breeze blowing. We have a cabin up in the mountains the snow barely melted up there!

Currently my husband is living in a RV Resort in the Tri-Cities. There are lots of people who "live" there and may love to change sites.
Thanks for the encouragement baja sweetie pie girl!!! Guess I need to find a decent RV, first. We're campers, but use a pop-up trailer.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 PM

5,830 posts, read 13,374,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

Upstate NY and Vermont have great summers.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM

45 posts, read 144,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Upstate NY and Vermont have great summers.
Idaho has perfect summers - not too hot, not too cold. When we move to the Baja in the winters, we will spend our summers in Idaho, maybe even the fall. My husband loves to hunt and the autumns here are what we call indian summer - cool in the evenings, warm during the day. Perfect sleeping weather. I will miss a few things about Idaho when we move to Washington....the majestic mountains, the sunny days, the south fork of the Snake River at 4th of July - the "trout" flies are out and you can't get the fish off your hook fast enough to catch the next one. Those big trout come out of the water to eat your fly and it is so exciting, I just love it! My SDB gets a kick out of the excitement and the screaming with each catch. Woo Hoo! Yippee Yi Yay and Yabba Dabba do!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM

263 posts, read 665,275 times
michigan summer would be a nice change for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or