U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 PM

11,435 posts, read 17,144,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
isn't amazing how we don't mind the music is we like the song!

It's a good way to met new people too.

Still, sorry for all the campers that mind the disturbance. Maybe the campgrounds should make a "quiet section". Seriously.
I guess they could but i wouldn't want to stay there too many rules = no fun. In the last 30 years I've probably had to say something to another camper maybe two times and that was only because they were way out of control.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,012,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
isn't amazing how we don't mind the music is we like the song!

It's a good way to met new people too.

Still, sorry for all the campers that mind the disturbance. Maybe the campgrounds should make a "quiet section". Seriously.
All state parks here in Ohio have a (No Noise Rule) from 11pm til 6am. And they do mean "ALL NOISES" too. If they get a complaint from any camper and thier complaint is justified, the offender is give only one chance to nock it off. If they persist the Park Rangers kick them out that night no matter how late it is, no refunds, by by. I love it.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM

11,435 posts, read 17,144,928 times
Ours are at 10PM no noise but some of our favorites are remote and their a free for all with nobody to enforce any rules, go to one of those on a holiday and you better take earpluggs if you want to sleep

Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,829,761 times
It's from 10 to 8 here too. To bad we're so far apart. sounds like we could have fun!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,422,518 times
Organized, large camping parks can be a challenge when it comes to keeping everyone happy.

The object of the game is for all campers to have an enjoyable time, but it can be a real balancing act to ensure that one person's fun doesn't become their neighbour's nightmare.

What helps considerably is that there are usually "noisy" parks which appeal more to the loud radio crowd and quieter parks that fill up with the bird-song lovers. It might be just a matter of finding the ones that appeal to your personal tastes.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM

9,416 posts, read 17,385,532 times
Quiet time in the FS campgrounds is 10 p.m.-8 a.m. I'd prefer it was more like 8 p.m.-10 a.m.

Last week my wife and I were sitting in front of our campfire having a nice peaceful jabber session, and at about 8 p.m. someone decides they'd better fire up their chain saw and cut enough wood for the month. It went on for a good half hour. That's just too late for that kind of racket. It would've been quieter to set our chairs up on the shoulder of the highway and watch the cars and trucks whiz by.

The only noise in the woods worse than a chainsaw is..... music! Seriously, no sounds are more pleasant than the natural forest sounds -- birds, squirrels, the wind in the tall pines, the distant coyotes or wolves, a babbling mountain stream. That's the main reason we head to the mountains when we can. It's Mother Nature's concert.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Quiet time in the FS campgrounds is 10 p.m.-8 a.m. I'd prefer it was more like 8 p.m.-10 a.m.

Last week my wife and I were sitting in front of our campfire having a nice peaceful jabber session, and at about 8 p.m. someone decides they'd better fire up their chain saw and cut enough wood for the month. It went on for a good half hour. That's just too late for that kind of racket. It would've been quieter to set our chairs up on the shoulder of the highway and watch the cars and trucks whiz by.

The only noise in the woods worse than a chainsaw is..... music! Seriously, no sounds are more pleasant than the natural forest sounds -- birds, squirrels, the wind in the tall pines, the distant coyotes or wolves, a babbling mountain stream. That's the main reason we head to the mountains when we can. It's Mother Nature's concert.
I guess it all boils down to being courteous to others. And no matter what you do, some idiot just has to go out of his way to make everyone around him miserable.
The last camp ground that my DW and I went too, some moron three sites up were throwing thier empty beer bottle into the Mohican River we were all camping next to. And there were children wading in the water the next morning. And canoers and boaters are in that same river all day long. Now how stupid is that?

They were sleeping in tents and with no childrens with them so they could party all they wanted. I really wanted to pour some animal lure (articial animal pee) all around thier camp site just to see what kind of havoc the critters could do to thier camp, while they were sleeping off thier drunk .

Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM

3,694 posts, read 3,286,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
The object of the game is for all campers to have an enjoyable time, but it can be a real balancing act to ensure that one person's fun doesn't become their neighbour's nightmare.
Amen!! Last summer we were parked and a family pulled in right next to us. And as a general rule, I love children, the sounds of their laughter is usually contagious. But... oh my... and Mom and Dad were not any better. The first thing they do is set up their volleyball net. The stake for the net is right up close to my rig. For the next hour.. thump...thump... thump... that damn ball is whopping the side of my rig. I try to be nice... I ask them the please quit hitting my motorhome, it is driving my dog (and myself) insane. So, they politely say they will stop. I look out and they have switched to badminton. Cool... we can live beside each other for the weekend no problem. Next thing you know... I hear footsteps... ON MY ROOF!!! Mom has climbed up the back of my motorhome..walking across our roof, because they can't keep the shuttlecocks in their own area. Okay... once again... I smile, but tell them in no uncertain terms. to keep OFF and away from my rig.

They then build a fire... as close to my slide as they possible can, then walked off and left it. I went out, grabbed the garden hose, put out their fire, and immediately went to the manager's office.... I didn't see them outside the rest of the weekend. I really didn't mean to sound like a b*tch. But, when did it become okay to become such rude neighbors?

Old 07-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Amen!! Last summer we were parked and a family pulled in right next to us. And as a general rule, I love children, the sounds of their laughter is usually contagious. But... oh my... and Mom and Dad were not any better. The first thing they do is set up their volleyball net. The stake for the net is right up close to my rig. For the next hour.. thump...thump... thump... that damn ball is whopping the side of my rig. I try to be nice... I ask them the please quit hitting my motorhome, it is driving my dog (and myself) insane. So, they politely say they will stop. I look out and they have switched to badminton. Cool... we can live beside each other for the weekend no problem. Next thing you know... I hear footsteps... ON MY ROOF!!! Mom has climbed up the back of my motorhome..walking across our roof, because they can't keep the shuttlecocks in their own area. Okay... once again... I smile, but tell them in no uncertain terms. to keep OFF and away from my rig.

They then build a fire... as close to my slide as they possible can, then walked off and left it. I went out, grabbed the garden hose, put out their fire, and immediately went to the manager's office.... I didn't see them outside the rest of the weekend. I really didn't mean to sound like a b*tch. But, when did it become okay to become such rude neighbors?
Man! What kind of red-neck, back woods, po-dunk dipsticks were these idiots ? The camp grounds should have given you your money back and let you stay for free. Then, put them out on thier ears and kept thier money.
Thats one of the main reasons why I like state parks, there no bull with them.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:12 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,178,626 times
I can't imagine what could be so disturbing about playing bags (as we call it here in Chicago). I could see if this were going on at 3 in the morning... but in the middle of the afternoon? I guess you'll just have to cope with it. Camping in standard campgrounds means you're adjacent to a lot of people and the noises from various campgrounds are inevitably going to spill over onto one another; it's just part of camping life.

It's one thing if your camp neighbors are so loud and so noisy that no reasonable person around them can enjoy their own campsite. But I don't think the noise from bags falls into that category. Since you own a canoe, bikes and a fishing rod and those are such obviously superior means to occupy yourself when you camp, go occupy yourself with a canoe/bike/fishing outing when your camp neighbors undertake common camp activities that bother you so, such as having a beer and playing bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing