U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:43 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,014,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
That's how it is where we camp. The Camp Wardens walk around at 11pm to make sure radios are down and people are quiet. They continue to walk all night in shifts to make sure it stays quiet, and so that no campers had any visits from bears.

If you get one warning and continue out you go. They will even get the RCMP in to help if need be. But for the most part the people who are there camping are respectful and are all there to relax.
So thats what you'all call them up there, we call'm Park Rangers down here in the lower 48. And they don't put up with squat, either.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:13 PM

Well, went camping again this week-end, at Hueston Woods State park here in Ohio. And, I'm glad to say that we didn't have to put up with someone playing that stupid game called "Cornhole". Thank the Creator

Old 07-21-2009, 12:28 AM

3,040 posts, read 10,447,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It doesn't bother me at all, I enjoy people having fun, we play washers ourselves, real loud music is about the only thing that has ever bothered me and mostly because it wasn't in english and we couldn't hear each other speak camping is all about having fun
I agree that camping is about having fun, and the loud music is about the most annoying thing I've encountered while camping, too. The worst part is the offending party does not have any clue when to turn it down (such as when most other campers have headed off to bed and are trying to sleep).

On a recent camping trip to lake Isabella, our group was several sites away from one such group, and even though we stayed up fairly late, they continued to play their music until the wee hours of the morning, long after most everyone in camp had gone to bed. Ugh!

The second most annoying thing I can think of that I've encountered while camping is the folks in the big old motorhomes that pull into a campsite, setup and adjust their TV antenna, then fire up the generator and watch TV for hours until they go to bed at night. What ever happened to enjoying the "great outdoors?"

Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
That's not a bad idea... or maybe just a "noisy section", as it seems noisy campers are in the minority by far.
They already have such a place... it's called "the city!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
We usually camp at forest service campgrounds away from lakes. Lakes seem to draw noisy campers, while campgrounds nestled in the woods draw those who want peace and quiet. I don't mind being disturbed by a noisy woodpecker, but I certainly don't go to the forest to listen to loud music. Neither do I understand those who do.
I have never understood the desire to go to the woods, the lake, or wherever, just to bring along everything that you had back at home. The idea is to simplify your life and enjoy your visit in a natural environment, at least in my opinion. Why do some people need to bring all the annoyances they left home to get away from?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
They already have such a place... it's called "the city!"

I have never understood the desire to go to the woods, the lake, or wherever, just to bring along everything that you had back at home. The idea is to simplify your life and enjoy your visit in a natural environment, at least in my opinion. Why do some people need to bring all the annoyances they left home to get away from?
Thats one of the reasons my wife and I load the canoe, bikes and my fishing pole. But when we're back at the camp site, we like to just sit there infront of the fire, talk, have a little wine and listen to some soft music (NOT LOUD) and enjoy looking up at the stars as the fire sparks flow upward.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Thats one of the reasons my wife and I load the canoe, bikes and my fishing pole. But when we're back at the camp site, we like to just sit there infront of the fire, talk, have a little wine and listen to some soft music (NOT LOUD) and enjoy looking up at the stars as the fire sparks flow upward.
I don't really mind soft music when played in a campground, since it rarely affects people in the next camp, let alone several camps away. I actually enjoy soft music, too, but enjoy it most when it's from singing around the campfire to a guitar accompaniment!

What I really don't understand is the need some people seem to have of watching TV inside their RV when they are "camping," especially when it's beautiful outside. That's the one I can't figure out.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,832,232 times
Quote:
I don't really mind soft music when played in a campground, since it rarely affects people in the next camp, let alone several camps away. I actually enjoy soft music, too, but enjoy it most when it's from singing around the campfire to a guitar accompaniment!

What I really don't understand is the need some people seem to have of watching TV inside their RV when they are "camping," especially when it's beautiful outside. That's the one I can't figure out.
Agreed on both accounts. I love to hear guitar music drift over and HATE when they bring the TV outside. I watch TV, but inside.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Agreed on both accounts. I love to hear guitar music drift over and HATE when they bring the TV outside. I watch TV, but inside.
Right on all accounts,

And the little lady and I usually only turn the TV one to find out what the weather going to be like for that day, or at night just before we drift off to sleep.
All of the Ohio state parks have a 11pm til 6am quiet time, its the privately owned camp grounds that the idiots cut loose all night long. Thats why we tend to stay away from the non-state controlled camp grounds.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,832,232 times
Walmart has those bean bag games all over the place. Somebody at a camp ground somewhere is not going to be happy! ha ha

Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Walmart has those bean bag games all over the place. Somebody at a camp ground somewhere is not going to be happy! ha ha
Thats OK, I'l sneak over to thier camp site when they all go to sleep and spray a little raccoon lure on the bag, or maybe some cooking oil should do the trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing