U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,012,764 times

Advertisements

Out of all the wonderful games people love to bring along with them when they go camping, only one do I find annoying. (CornHole) If your not acquainted with the game, then your not going to the right camp grounds. You have two boards set at an angle and apart from each other. The players throw bags that are filled with bean or what ever at these boards and try to put the bags into a hole, flap!, flaP!, flAP!,fLAP!, FLAP! Is all you hear all day long while your trying to have a good conversation with your wife or friends. Or, if your trying to sit back and read a good book at the campfire. FLAP! FLAP! FLAP! FLAP! all day long . Many times I wanted to sneak over to the other campsite that has this stupid game. And spray some cooking oil on the bags and see if the local four legged residents want to play with the bean bags .
Now the real sad part about all this is, the people playing this annoying game obviously have no idea what "CornHole" really means, "hint- its a Greek act" , and I really want to tell them just to see the reaction on thier faces .

Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,638,509 times
I never heard of it. but it sounds about as exiting as watching paint dry, playing golf, watching grass grow, or waiting for govt to do something good.

Games that make annoying noises should be kept away from RVs. Where we stay now they have the adult area separate from the other side which allows kids and they also have an adult only pool and an anything goes pool.

I am no fan of kids but they dont bother me here. Over there the old fogey Q-tip headed people are boring and just want to talk about their health and their grand kids. Like anyone really cares !!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,012,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never heard of it. but it sounds about as exiting as watching paint dry, playing golf, watching grass grow, or waiting for govt to do something good.

Games that make annoying noises should be kept away from RVs. Where we stay now they have the adult area separate from the other side which allows kids and they also have an adult only pool and an anything goes pool.

I am no fan of kids but they dont bother me here. Over there the old fogey Q-tip headed people are boring and just want to talk about their health and their grand kids. Like anyone really cares !!

So your saying that this idiotic game hasn't poisoned your loving camping trips?
Boy your lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!
The adults play this stupid game more than the children do. Most of the time you'll a bunch of beer chugging rednecks playing the game. Sorry, but I don't need beer on my camping trip to help me pass the hours.
I own a canoe, some bikes and fishing rod, I have all the stuff I need to help me relax. The fishing part I just started to do, and I don't care if I catch anything or not. I just like standing in the water, listen to it pass over the rocks and throw the line out.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,638,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
So your saying that this idiotic game hasn't poisoned your loving camping trips?
Boy your lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!
The adults play this stupid game more than the children do. Most of the time you'll a bunch of beer chugging rednecks playing the game. Sorry, but I don't need beer on my camping trip to help me pass the hours.
I own a canoe, some bikes and fishing rod, I have all the stuff I need to help me relax. The fishing part I just started to do, and I don't care if I catch anything or not. I just like standing in the water, listen to it pass over the rocks and throw the line out.
I just never heard of it. Maybe it's a regional game. We stayed in all the pacific coast states, Utah, the southern most states and the eastern coastal states up to NJ and I never heard of it.

From what you say I dont want to either !!!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 AM

11,435 posts, read 17,144,928 times
Sounds like washers, same thing but where I camp the sites are far apart and I've never been disturbed by any games but some folks can't seem to keep their music turned down.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM

11,941 posts, read 12,829,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Sounds like washers, same thing but where I camp the sites are far apart and I've never been disturbed by any games but some folks can't seem to keep their music turned down.
You beat me to it. We also call it washers here in San Antonio ( and we drink ice tea). We are about the most considerate campers you will find. Always careful not to disturb other campers but to be fair the parks are for everyone to enjoy. I love the sounds from other camp sites as long as it's during the proper hours.

Sorry you were disturbed.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM

11,435 posts, read 17,144,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You beat me to it. We also call it washers here in San Antonio ( and we drink ice tea). We are about the most considerate campers you will find. Always careful not to disturb other campers but to be fair the parks are for everyone to enjoy. I love the sounds from other camp sites as long as it's during the proper hours.

Sorry you were disturbed.
It doesn't bother me at all, I enjoy people having fun, we play washers ourselves, real loud music is about the only thing that has ever bothered me and mostly because it wasn't in english and we couldn't hear each other speak camping is all about having fun

Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It doesn't bother me at all, I enjoy people having fun, we play washers ourselves, real loud music is about the only thing that has ever bothered me and mostly because it wasn't in English and we couldn't hear each other speak camping is all about having fun
isn't amazing how we don't mind the music is we like the song!

It's a good way to met new people too.

Still, sorry for all the campers that mind the disturbance. Maybe the campgrounds should make a "quiet section". Seriously.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM

9,416 posts, read 17,385,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Maybe the campgrounds should make a "quiet section". Seriously.
That's not a bad idea... or maybe just a "noisy section", as it seems noisy campers are in the minority by far.

We usually camp at forest service campgrounds away from lakes. Lakes seem to draw noisy campers, while campgrounds nestled in the woods draw those who want peace and quiet. I don't mind being disturbed by a noisy woodpecker, but I certainly don't go to the forest to listen to loud music. Neither do I understand those who do.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
That's not a bad idea... or maybe just a "noisy section", as it seems noisy campers are in the minority by far.

We usually camp at forest service campgrounds away from lakes. Lakes seem to draw noisy campers, while campgrounds nestled in the woods draw those who want peace and quiet. I don't mind being disturbed by a noisy woodpecker, but I certainly don't go to the forest to listen to loud music. Neither do I understand those who do.
It's really quite at our lake right now...no water! We are in the worst drought in history here in Texas. It's really sad.

We winter camp a lot and love to just sit and listen to the fire...except we have been under a burn ban for about a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing