U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,835,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
HEY! Where did everyone go? Where's all my camper bodies, what happened to them?
I'M HERE!!! Can you see me???

I have been running around like crazy trying to get ready for our long Valentines day trip to Bastrop State park. The weather here has been crazy. all in one day it's sunny then rainy and cold then a few hours of dry and nice. Right now it's dry and nice but come tonight...yuck!!!

Trying to get all the meals planned and cooking some stuff ahead of time in-case it gets to nasty to cook outside.

How soon do you start your spring camping????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,017,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I'M HERE!!! Can you see me???

I have been running around like crazy trying to get ready for our long Valentines day trip to Bastrop State park. The weather here has been crazy. all in one day it's sunny then rainy and cold then a few hours of dry and nice. Right now it's dry and nice but come tonight...yuck!!!

Trying to get all the meals planned and cooking some stuff ahead of time in-case it gets to nasty to cook outside.

How soon do you start your spring camping????
Are you kidding me about the camping . Have you been watching the news, we're being hammered again by a snow storm and there's a third storm right on this ones heels. But I will stay optimistic and hope for the best on an early spring. But if i ever find that stupid groundhog that keeps calling for six more weeks of winter each year, I'm gonna pop a cap in it @ZZ. LOL

Have fun on you camping trip, Camper1 , and a happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me about the camping . Have you been watching the news, we're being hammered again by a snow storm and there's a third storm right on this ones heels. But I will stay optimistic and hope for the best on an early spring. But if i ever find that stupid groundhog that keeps calling for six more weeks of winter each year, I'm gonna pop a cap in it @ZZ. LOL

Have fun on you camping trip, Camper1 , and a happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.
Glad I'm not a groundhog!!

Happy Valentines to you guys too!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,659,508 times
Quote:
We don't stay anywhere here in town. Just the state parks within a two hour drive. All we have here is cedar, cedar, oak and more cedar. Except Bastrop ( where we are going Thursday!!). There is one part of the park that has the tallllllest pine trees I have ever seen. I love to sit around and hand feed the squirrels.

We've been talking about venturing out further...
You know as well as I do how miserable the weather has been here. This has been the coldest and wetest winter on record. Ahh the whole country is having a wet cold winter. So much for that global warming hoax.

The joys of full timing in winter:

Always morning dew on all the windows.
Every morning when you get up you wipe all the window frames down.
Constantly cleaning mold from dampness in every corner and nook and crany.
Bathroom gets stinky cause you can't open the window or the skylight.
You are always cold...either that or keep on paying for more propane.
Just opening the door for a second to go outside lets enough cold air in to freeze the whole inside out. More propane to warm it up.
Take your cloths out of the closet and they are frozen solid because it's unheated space.
Before taking a shower you have to open the shower door for half an hour to warm up yet another unheated space.
The never ending horrible tub faucet that you can never ever get adjusted just right....too hot, too cold but never just right.
The ovens never bake a good cake or brownie.
Can't fit anything in the fridges so shopping is a challenge.

And this is in a newer model!!!

But

The best part?
My RV might be depreciating but not at nearly the lightning speed that which stick built homes are.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You know as well as I do how miserable the weather has been here. This has been the coldest and wetest winter on record. Ahh the whole country is having a wet cold winter. So much for that global warming hoax.

The joys of full timing in winter:

Always morning dew on all the windows.
Every morning when you get up you wipe all the window frames down.
Constantly cleaning mold from dampness in every corner and nook and crany.
Bathroom gets stinky cause you can't open the window or the skylight.
You are always cold...either that or keep on paying for more propane.
Just opening the door for a second to go outside lets enough cold air in to freeze the whole inside out. More propane to warm it up.
Take your cloths out of the closet and they are frozen solid because it's unheated space.
Before taking a shower you have to open the shower door for half an hour to warm up yet another unheated space.
The never ending horrible tub faucet that you can never ever get adjusted just right....too hot, too cold but never just right.
The ovens never bake a good cake or brownie.
Can't fit anything in the fridges so shopping is a challenge.

And this is in a newer model!!!

But

The best part?
My RV might be depreciating but not at nearly the lightning speed that which stick built homes are.
You don't sound like you like full timing very much...
difference is I'm a weekend warrior and we LOVE camping in the winter time. We spend most of out time outside when we go camping. Try taking your clothes out the night before and let them warm up...

Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Glad I'm not a groundhog!!

Happy Valentines to you guys too!
Heck Camper1,

You've probably have never seen a whistle-pig/woodchuck up close, have you?

Them babies are good eating if you catch'm and kill'm while their young.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Heck Camper1,

You've probably have never seen a whistle-pig/woodchuck up close, have you?

Them babies are good eating if you catch'm and kill'm while their young.
Ya know, I'm sure I haven't...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1 View Post
ya know, i'm sure i haven't...
lol!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 PM

Trying to load the trailer now for our trip tomorrow, I wasn't outside for 10 minutes and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. It's only 37 here ( ha ha) but I swear it's the coldest 37 I have ever felt. There's no way in ( insert word of choice) I could live where you are!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Trying to load the trailer now for our trip tomorrow, I wasn't outside for 10 minutes and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. It's only 37 here ( ha ha) but I swear it's the coldest 37 I have ever felt. There's no way in ( insert word of choice) I could live where you are!!!

Be thankful Camper1, be very thankful. It took me 4 days to clean this mess up from one of our snow falls at our Mini Storage.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 01-25-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing