U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 AM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times

Advertisements

Ahhhhhhhh, springtime... when the snowflakes become bigger, wetter, heavier and more numerous! But summer is just around the corner. I just hope I'm not working that day....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,011,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Ahhhhhhhh, springtime... when the snowflakes become bigger, wetter, heavier and more numerous! But summer is just around the corner. I just hope I'm not working that day....
Yep! Time to put winter behind us and break out the campers, canoes, boats, fishing gear, tents and hit the roads, right?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,444,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
It's gray, cloudy, raining, chilly, gloomy and just plain "Yuck " outside. So, where are the flowers, the sun and all the beautiful things that make one want to polish up the camper and load up the truck and go CAMPING?!
Well, I already know your opinion of Texas, but how about Oklahoma?

This past weekend, it was gorgeous around Bakersfield (the only Oklahoma city that is west of the Rockies ). The Lupine were in full bloom in some fields I passed through south of the city, and turned everything purple. A little further down the road, the California Poppies were blooming. The backdrop for these flowers were the green hills (which, most likely, will be brown in about a month). The sun was shining, and it was warm (mid 80s), but not hot (yet). This is probably the time of year when things are most beautiful in southern California (and Oklahoma).

Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post

This past weekend, it was gorgeous around Bakersfield (the only Oklahoma city that is west of the Rockies ). The Lupine were in full bloom in some fields I passed through south of the city, and turned everything purple. A little further down the road, the California Poppies were blooming. The backdrop for these flowers were the green hills (which, most likely, will be brown in about a month). The sun was shining, and it was warm (mid 80s), but not hot (yet). This is probably the time of year when things are most beautiful in southern California (and Oklahoma).
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Oklahoma is one of a very few states that I love, along with Montana, Hawaii, West (By God) Virginia Kentucky and Tennessee. Love the state (east end), love her people and love the way of life. But, you guts can keep your big bugs . Sorry, but not a big fan of Cali, too mant people for me

Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Oklahoma is one of a very few states that I love, along with Montana, Hawaii, West (By God) Virginia Kentucky and Tennessee.
I hope you saw the humor in my post, since I used Oklahoma as the lead-in to my Bakersfield joke (below). BTW, I'm glad to hear you like Oklahoma. I do too.

Quote:
This past weekend, it was gorgeous around Bakersfield (the only Oklahoma city that is west of the Rockies ).

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Bout times we rednecks be-a breakin out da home scoolin campin equipments and hittin da road, ain't it. Aftar wees pull da blocks out froms under da scoolhouse.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 01-25-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,634,468 times
A few more red neck camping pictures.......
Attached Thumbnails
Camping and RVing Open Chat Thread-home.jpg   Camping and RVing Open Chat Thread-camper.jpg   Camping and RVing Open Chat Thread-camping_02_101redo_fire_pit.jpg  

Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 PM

Those pictures are priceless! I love the lawn furniture!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Those pictures are priceless! I love the lawn furniture!
That's what you get when you go out real early in the morning and go "Curb Shopping". Although I'd hate to be the one that sits down and finds out that a hive of hornets have taken a liking to one of them as well.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:53 AM

Cool Fun in the sun, finally!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!

Memorial Day weekend and we're headed out to (Bark Camp State Park, Ohio) for a little camping, fishing, boating, bicycling and most of all (eating) . And then we're going to have some fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing