U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,025,678 times
Reputation: 2924

Advertisements

Man that really bites, sorry to hear about it. I Hope that you gain it all back in 10 fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I watched the depressing news again today, and the ticker at the bottom of the screen said that foreclosures of homes was up 7% more than june, which is not good news at all.

Maybe people are thinking of opting to get an rv, a tent or whatever they can find to live in.
We lost our home in 2005, and have been living in a trailer ever since. At first we missed all of the amenities our home had, but, have become accustomed to having less.
Is there anyone out here in a situation of losing their home? or, has lost it already and are on the mend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
Wow, sorry to hear you lost your home.

I just worry that a lot of people are thinking of going into the permanent RV lifestyle (voluntarily), then find out that they can't find any free or cheap RV parks to use.
They're usaully the one that take up baddly needed space at the truck stops, when the sign says, "Truck Parking Only, no RV's, Campers or buses".
Over the road drivers need those spots but so often RVer's take the spaces. So the truck driver either block them in until his 14 hr down time is completed or they just call the state patrol and have them removed and ticketed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2009, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,025,678 times
Reputation: 2924
Cool Get this

A friend was telling me a story of one of his camping outings.

It seems that while sitting at thier camp site, "at thier 20ft camper" after putting a good day of fishing to enjoy for thier evening meal, a Huuuge RV comes rolling in next to them. Well out of this Huuuuge RV steps one single man. He proceeds to open one of the under carriage compartments ans pulls out a fancy iron camping ring that has a bunch of deer and trees cut out of it. The he removes and gas campfire ring thats attatched to a 30ft gas line and a set of fake gas logs and sets it all up. Well, the man pull out a very nice reclineing lawn chair and faces it toward the side of the Huuuuge RV. He steps inside the Huuuuge RV and come back out with TV dinner moments later and sits in the lawn chair. Now the man opens a very small plastic case which contains a remote control. He pushes one button and the awning extends out, another to lite the fire, push another and a panel on the side of the Huuuuge Rv drops down. Then he pushes yet another button and turns on the flat screen TV that was behind the dropped panel and turns it to a ball game and dang near blsats everyone out of thier seats. And when asked to lower the volume on the TV, he acts like they are totally invadeing his private party.

Now I sorry, but thats is in no way shape or fashion called "CAMPING"! At best thats what one may call, "I'm going out to get away from the ole lady and thats all there is too it". Come on, a TV dinner!? Flat screen TV!? Fake campfire!? What the hell is that all about .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Way on the outskirts of LA LA land.
3,040 posts, read 10,456,237 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Come on, a TV dinner!? Flat screen TV!? Fake campfire!? What the hell is that all about .
I can do all that in my living room any time I want for a heckuva lot less money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,025,678 times
Reputation: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I can do all that in my living room any time I want for a heckuva lot less money!
My only question is, "Who was this idiot trying to impress"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Way on the outskirts of LA LA land.
3,040 posts, read 10,456,237 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
My only question is, "Who was this idiot trying to impress"?
That is a great question. The only person that comes to mind as an answer to the question is himself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,880,056 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
A friend was telling me a story of one of his camping outings.

It seems that while sitting at thier camp site, "at thier 20ft camper" after putting a good day of fishing to enjoy for thier evening meal, a Huuuge RV comes rolling in next to them. Well out of this Huuuuge RV steps one single man. He proceeds to open one of the under carriage compartments ans pulls out a fancy iron camping ring that has a bunch of deer and trees cut out of it. The he removes and gas campfire ring thats attatched to a 30ft gas line and a set of fake gas logs and sets it all up. Well, the man pull out a very nice reclineing lawn chair and faces it toward the side of the Huuuuge RV. He steps inside the Huuuuge RV and come back out with TV dinner moments later and sits in the lawn chair. Now the man opens a very small plastic case which contains a remote control. He pushes one button and the awning extends out, another to lite the fire, push another and a panel on the side of the Huuuuge Rv drops down. Then he pushes yet another button and turns on the flat screen TV that was behind the dropped panel and turns it to a ball game and dang near blsats everyone out of thier seats. And when asked to lower the volume on the TV, he acts like they are totally invadeing his private party.

Now I sorry, but thats is in no way shape or fashion called "CAMPING"! At best thats what one may call, "I'm going out to get away from the ole lady and thats all there is too it". Come on, a TV dinner!? Flat screen TV!? Fake campfire!? What the hell is that all about .
Many hunters do the very thing you're talking about, except they bring the beer and buddies along instead of ma ma. It's a chance for them to get away from that constant nagging and hopefully fill the freezer with venison which now cost 15 dollars a pound after figuring in bullets, beer, tv dinners, the poker game around the campfire, entertainment (stripper bar in oshkosh) a quick casino game, and toilet paper. I have known men who dropped 10 grand on a camper, just to have shelter while hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 07:48 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,943 posts, read 12,844,339 times
Reputation: 17187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Many hunters do the very thing you're talking about, except they bring the beer and buddies along instead of ma ma. It's a chance for them to get away from that constant nagging and hopefully fill the freezer with venison which now cost 15 dollars a pound after figuring in bullets, beer, tv dinners, the poker game around the campfire, entertainment (stripper bar in oshkosh) a quick casino game, and toilet paper. I have known men who dropped 10 grand on a camper, just to have shelter while hunting.
OMG, you did not just say "nagging" did you????!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,880,056 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
OMG, you did not just say "nagging" did you????!!!!
Well ya, I'd ask you not to tell me 'ol woman I said that, but, she's already left me for brighter horizons. She went to Mexico to her new boyfriend, and left me with 3 kids.

Yes, after 20 years, somehow the wife does some nagging, when are you going to fix this and that? the car payment is due, etc., etc., etc..

I'm going to seed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,025,678 times
Reputation: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Many hunters do the very thing you're talking about, except they bring the beer and buddies along instead of ma ma. It's a chance for them to get away from that constant nagging and hopefully fill the freezer with venison which now cost 15 dollars a pound after figuring in bullets, beer, tv dinners, the poker game around the campfire, entertainment (stripper bar in oshkosh) a quick casino game, and toilet paper. I have known men who dropped 10 grand on a camper, just to have shelter while hunting.
I can see the hunters use for shelter, but from what this told me all the other fella did was just what I said. Then he packed it up the next morning and left. Oh, I almost forgot, the county sticker on his license plates was the same county the camp grouds was in.. Ohio tads all display a sticker to show wkat county your from.

Oh well, what ever trips his trigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,880,056 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I can see the hunters use for shelter, but from what this told me all the other fella did was just what I said. Then he packed it up the next morning and left. Oh, I almost forgot, the county sticker on his license plates was the same county the camp grouds was in.. Ohio tads all display a sticker to show wkat county your from.

Oh well, what ever trips his trigger.
That's funny, unpack everything one day and pack it up the next, that's what I call an overnighter!

Just saw someone do about the same a few days ago, hooked up electric, water, sewer, dolly down the stands, disconnect the 5th. wheel, stayed one night! why bother!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top