U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,011,756 times

Advertisements

Hay guys, just wanted to know what your thaughts were on the 36ft Coachman "C" class RV thats set on a Ford chassie, with the big Triton V8 under the hood. My wife and I looked at one at the RV show at the Cleveland IX center. I was empressed with its 15 mpg and the fact that we could climb in the bed from both sides and not climbing over each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,382,101 times
I'd be more impressed if it had the Triton V10. But 15 mpg? Really? Is that the 5.4?

I wouldn't want it in the mountains. Might be okay in the flatlands... if you don't head into a wind.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 AM

3,662 posts, read 7,533,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Yes you can, the vet can remove thier "Scent sack" and it doesn't harm the little feller when its done when thier real young. Most breader will have it done before you buy one of them
They will still smell. My dad brought home a "descented" skunk when we were teenagers and that thing STUNK. My mom made him get rid of it.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I'd be more impressed if it had the Triton V10. But 15 mpg? Really? Is that the 5.4?

I wouldn't want it in the mountains. Might be okay in the flatlands... if you don't head into a wind.
Is the Triton a V8 or a V10? I don't know that much about the Triton motors, but I do remember him saying that it got 15mpg. All I know is that we loved how Coachman designed the sleeping area, as well as the rest of the inside.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM

11,941 posts, read 12,828,372 times
I'm going camping this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would share...

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 AM

8,134 posts, read 7,637,849 times
I returned from my camping trip out at an Ocracoke campsite. Lets just say, I won't ever again do the beach camping thing again. Ended up doing my last night at Blackbeards Inn. I still enjoy camping, just not at the beach. I have another camping trip coming up the end of the month. A Halloween camping trip, which should be all kinds of scary fun.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,382,101 times
Quote:
Is the Triton a V8 or a V10? I don't know that much about the Triton motors, but I do remember him saying that it got 15mpg. All I know is that we loved how Coachman designed the sleeping area, as well as the rest of the inside.
I think Triton is just Ford's name for it's engines, V8 or V10. I believe the V8 is about the size of the Chevy 350 V8 pickup I had for a few years. With the cab over camper on it and headed into a strong wind, I could barely keep up the minimum interstate speed limit of 40-45 mph. That's in the midwest.

The V10 is a good, powerful engine, but I'd be hesitant to buy a rig the size you're talking about that was underpowered -- unless you just want it for camping at your local lake 10 miles out of town.

I'd be questioning that 15 mpg on a 36-foot camper too. Sounds way too good.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM

66 posts, read 132,937 times
Quote:
Hay guys, just wanted to know what your thaughts were on the 36ft Coachman "C" class RV thats set on a Ford chassie, with the big Triton V8 under the hood. My wife and I looked at one at the RV show at the Cleveland IX center. I was empressed with its 15 mpg and the fact that we could climb in the bed from both sides and not climbing over each other.
How did I overlook this post a few days ago. What RV show in Cleveland? You mean the local RV dealer on 59? Hey you were just an hour above me. My wifey worked in Cleveland before relocating her job closer to Galveston. What a dumpy town Cleveland is. Anyway I would have went if I heard about it.

We have the Triton V10. I will tell ya what. We travel light. Never full tanks and almost never full fresh water and little luggage and the only thing that does not pass me is a gas station. I will not tow because we fall to 45 going up steep hills while all the class As fly up the inclines. I struggle to keep a sturdy 65 and most times sit at around 62 until the upgrades. I think we are 14,700 pounds dry.

15MPG for the V8? They are pulling the wool over you. We get 8MPG with the V10 and we are a bit less then that 36 footer. Did that one have slides? Slides do add a lot of weight. We have the super slide which added about 2000 pounds over a standard coach.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I think Triton is just Ford's name for it's engines, V8 or V10. I believe the V8 is about the size of the Chevy 350 V8 pickup I had for a few years. With the cab over camper on it and headed into a strong wind, I could barely keep up the minimum interstate speed limit of 40-45 mph. That's in the midwest.

The V10 is a good, powerful engine, but I'd be hesitant to buy a rig the size you're talking about that was underpowered -- unless you just want it for camping at your local lake 10 miles out of town.

I'd be questioning that 15 mpg on a 36-foot camper too. Sounds way too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
How did I overlook this post a few days ago. What RV show in Cleveland? You mean the local RV dealer on 59? Hey you were just an hour above me. My wifey worked in Cleveland before relocating her job closer to Galveston. What a dumpy town Cleveland is. Anyway I would have went if I heard about it.

We have the Triton V10. I will tell ya what. We travel light. Never full tanks and almost never full fresh water and little luggage and the only thing that does not pass me is a gas station. I will not tow because we fall to 45 going up steep hills while all the class As fly up the inclines. I struggle to keep a sturdy 65 and most times sit at around 62 until the upgrades. I think we are 14,700 pounds dry.

15MPG for the V8? They are pulling the wool over you. We get 8MPG with the V10 and we are a bit less then that 36 footer. Did that one have slides? Slides do add a lot of weight. We have the super slide which added about 2000 pounds over a standard coach.

Thanks guys,
Well it looks like the Triton V10 is file 13 in our book. You guys have given me lots to think about and the diesel seems to be the best bet. I like the Coachmen set up and the one we were looking at has a double slide out. The big thing for us is, the bed must be accessible from both sides.

RVer,
It was a annaul end of the year RV sell out. All the big dealers were there and just a couple of local venders selling RV accessories. The whole thing was outside the IX center in the parking lot.

Thanks again for the replies.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never heard of a Wallaby, I will have to look that up. I'm ok with Zoos but like the types where the people are behind bars and the animals are free such as the San Diego Wild Animal Park or the Tuson Desert Museum.

I like those kind of zoo's as well! Funny, we put our human animals behind bar, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing