Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times

Advertisements

Well I figured that we should start and Open Chat Thread so anyone can chat about camping ie, campsites, state parks, useful camping tools, favorite camping tricks, so on and so on. This way if you feel that you may be getting off topic, then jump over here and have at it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM

Question new type of pet

I was wondering if anyone would think it was strange if you were at the camp grounds just walking alone and enjoying the day, when all of a sudden you came across a camp site that had a couple of pet skunks on leashes, instead of dogs?

I ask this question because I've told my best half that I would love to have a couple of pet skunks to take camping with us . Hey, they don't bark, they don't jump, thier poopoo isn't the size of the Titanic and the one thing I have found out about them is, "They love to be help and cuddled."

So what would you do? or

Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,142 times
But can you do something to the skunks to remove the odorous spray? And if you could, would you?

Anyways I love camping! I started only last year and am in love with it. My favorite spot so far is in Old Forge, NY in the Adirondacks. Its by some nice Class III-IV whitewater raftings spots along with some nice hiking trails to summits that overlook large portions of the Adirondacks. Really nice facilities and location Happy camping people!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
But can you do something to the skunks to remove the odorous spray? And if you could, would you?

Anyways I love camping! I started only last year and am in love with it. My favorite spot so far is in Old Forge, NY in the Adirondacks. Its by some nice Class III-IV whitewater raftings spots along with some nice hiking trails to summits that overlook large portions of the Adirondacks. Really nice facilities and location Happy camping people!
Yes you can, the vet can remove thier "Scent sack" and it doesn't harm the little feller when its done when thier real young. Most breader will have it done before you buy one of them

Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Yes you can, the vet can remove thier "Scent sack" and it doesn't harm the little feller when its done when thier real young. Most breader will have it done before you buy one of them
Hmm...thats pretty interesting

Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Hmm...thats pretty interesting
Just think of the reaction you'd get from folks passing by. Hopefully you don't cause someone to drive into a tree as they rubberneck looking at your pet .

Old 07-13-2009, 06:00 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
I'm no stranger to wildlife and I say a Skunk is a wild animal and does not belong captive.

I did see a small Kangaroo as a pet about 2 weeks ago. I almost drove into another RV by stretching my neck to look at something I never seen before. He was not even on a leash. They just let him outside to pee I guess and were just standing there with him. He was small maybe 2' high. These do not make good pets.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I'm no stranger to wildlife and I say a Skunk is a wild animal and does not belong captive.

I did see a small Kangaroo as a pet about 2 weeks ago. I almost drove into another RV by stretching my neck to look at something I never seen before. He was not even on a leash. They just let him outside to pee I guess and were just standing there with him. He was small maybe 2' high. These do not make good pets.
Are you sure that wasn't a Wallaby, they are very small Kangaroos?

I take it that your not a big fan of Zoo's? If its was born in captivity like some many exotic birds, then it wouldn't be a wild animal.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Are you sure that wasn't a Wallaby, they are very small Kangaroos?

I take it that your not a big fan of Zoo's? If its was born in captivity like some many exotic birds, then it wouldn't be a wild animal.
I never heard of a Wallaby, I will have to look that up. I'm ok with Zoos but like the types where the people are behind bars and the animals are free such as the San Diego Wild Animal Park or the Tuson Desert Museum.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never heard of a Wallaby, I will have to look that up. I'm ok with Zoos but like the types where the people are behind bars and the animals are free such as the San Diego Wild Animal Park or the Tuson Desert Museum.
That almost sounds like the prison I once use to work at, LOL,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing