Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
similar w/ Escapees.

One of my 'fulltimer' friends teaches the 'dutch-oven' classes. I think Peach cobbler is his favorite, He's a pretty BIG guy! Just returned from annual 'Camporee'.

FWIW to KD... Escapees often has a spring 'RV school' in Moscow, ID
LOL.....Escapees is the name of the group?? I'll "google" it. Thanks.
What's and RV school?
BTW to Stealth and Camper1.....We don't really like RV Parks. We tend towards the State Parks. They have hook-ups, dogs ok and nice big sites. Where to the clubs go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,212,465 times
It looks like SKPs is for full-timers?? I see there is a veteran's discount, but couldn't find the price.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
31 views so far so I must not be the only one that is wondering. Now if we only all lived close to each other.

My problem is we live kinda far out and don't have a lot of friends that share the same interest or are in different situations. I was just wondering how other people do it.
This is and old thread but someone may benefit by replies:

This is our problem also. Plus... not one person we know is into camping or RVing. Not one snow-birds. We have a camping club in the state but it turned out to be mostly younger people with children or who were raising grandchildren. In our late 60s, we didn't feel we fit in with them. We had nothing in common with them although they were very nice people. We do start conversations with other campers but they're almost always "just passing through" and we both know we'll never see each other again. We did make friends in the Resort we spent a few winters in, but that was down in FL, 600 miles away. Perhaps if you asked at church or where you work... put up a few signs. You never know who may reply.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
We have a meetup group. We meet in the spring, plan campouts about once per month, post the details, whoever shows up, shows up. The group that meets is very rarely the group that camps, but it doesn't really matter. In between our scheduled events, people also post other camping trips they have planned.

We don't ever get a big turnout, and we have many many members who've never camped with us, but that's okay! We only started this two years ago. It takes very little effort to coordinate and we are sure it will grow.

If you want to see what our set up looks like, you can search meetup for Raleigh Camping Connection.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
LOL.....Escapees is the name of the group?? I'll "google" it. Thanks.
What's and RV school?
BTW to Stealth and Camper1.....We don't really like RV Parks. We tend towards the State Parks. They have hook-ups, dogs ok and nice big sites. Where to the clubs go?
We do both. The club likes the private parks because they have club houses with kitchens but then we go on our own. We also love the state parks and going on our own,but would be a night mare trying to get that many people in at one time.

Everyone in the club has dogs,most like me even have two. But together mine don't total 15 pounds.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Just wondering.
Funny, I'd always thought that one of the reasons for going camping was to get away from people.

Example, we camped in the area of Clifty Falls, there were only us and another in the campground for several days, in the middle of the week, a couple with noisy children parked next to where we were parked, when there were 40 other spaces to park in, why do people do that?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
You might try searching on the internet for groups of people in your area who are into camping. Another way is visit the local KOA and ask them about local groups of people who camp in caravans. You could also check with any of the businesses that sell RV's. Several camping groups are active in the small town I live in, but we don't belong to any of these groups. We prefer to go camping by ourselves, and where and when we want to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing