U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 34,984 times

Advertisements

That water can get in some small places and do a lot of damage fast.
Glad you gat it fixed. We are going to Benson AZ. to start. Will move around some. This is our first time going away in wenter. We don'i like Fla.
much. We used to take our grandson to Space Camp there. I do love the Western States. And the North West. Have a safe trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 34,984 times
Smile Back Home

Well we are back home. Had a very good trip. Went to AZ. It was cold and wet. So we moved to Calf. In the S.D. area and it was the same. We did get some sun as time went on. We were in 9 states in about 5 weeks. The moor I drove my Cochman the moor I injoyed it. We were getting between 9 & 11 mpg. at 60 to 65 mph. The temps. in day time was in the low 60's in most places and in the 20's at night.We did see a lot and had a good time. Met a lot of very good campers. Had one guy take my waterhose from my site in Big Bend Texas NP. I did get it back with the help of a Ranger. This was a 1st for me. I have been camping sence 1969.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times
It has been a long time since you posted.
that gave me time to buy a 2003 coachman. I very much like it, We are just about to take it on the road. From Missouri to California. I'm still trying to find out how to use all the stuff. I Just figured out that my generator wouldn't start because My coach battery needs replacing. I also located the fresh water tank under the dinette seat, nice, that will stay warm there.
there's also this pesky red illuminated toggle switch on the base of the back corner bed under the refer, I don't know what that is. do you?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,426,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyAnimal View Post
It has been a long time since you posted.
that gave me time to buy a 2003 coachman. I very much like it, We are just about to take it on the road. From Missouri to California. I'm still trying to find out how to use all the stuff. I Just figured out that my generator wouldn't start because My coach battery needs replacing. I also located the fresh water tank under the dinette seat, nice, that will stay warm there.
there's also this pesky red illuminated toggle switch on the base of the back corner bed under the refer, I don't know what that is. do you?

Just a suggestion, but if you're going on a long road trip, why not drop buy your local RV dealer and ask them to spend a few minutes solving some of the mysteries?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,919,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owens View Post
Well we are back home. Had a very good trip. Went to AZ. It was cold and wet. So we moved to Calf. In the S.D. area and it was the same. We did get some sun as time went on. We were in 9 states in about 5 weeks. The moor I drove my Cochman the moor I injoyed it. We were getting between 9 & 11 mpg. at 60 to 65 mph. The temps. in day time was in the low 60's in most places and in the 20's at night.We did see a lot and had a good time. Met a lot of very good campers. Had one guy take my waterhose from my site in Big Bend Texas NP. I did get it back with the help of a Ranger. This was a 1st for me. I have been camping sence 1969.
Did you get up to Lake Havasu, Az ? Im going there in Feb for my first time and staying a month . Any tips , suggestions. Also going to Quartzite for the first time as well. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Just a suggestion, but if you're going on a long road trip, why not drop buy your local RV dealer and ask them to spend a few minutes solving some of the mysteries?
In hindsite that's a great idea. The little red light is a "hot Rod" after market water heater AC boost. complete with thermostat.
My latest quirky thing is that the morn we left I start the engine and a ticking sound greets me.It went away, but I think it was the alternator trying to catch up charging the engine battery. I'm not sure now that the converter system works right.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
Just put a deposit down on an 08 with 2600 miles. Glad to see most people happy with the RV. We just went in to get a new awning for our 21 year old travel trailer. Time for an upgrade.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:07 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,919,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA12351 View Post
Just put a deposit down on an 08 with 2600 miles. Glad to see most people happy with the RV. We just went in to get a new awning for our 21 year old travel trailer. Time for an upgrade.
Youll love it. Very very well layed out and comfy. Easy to manuever around town if its 25' long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing