U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,016,679 times
Reputation: 2924

Advertisements

Come guys, lets not forget the one item you should always have when your camping. A nice warm body to snuggle up to while out there all by yourselves .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM
 
Location: California
11,436 posts, read 17,151,765 times
Reputation: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Come guys, lets not forget the one item you should always have when your camping. A nice warm body to snuggle up to while out there all by yourselves .
And toilet paper, oh yeah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,016,679 times
Reputation: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And toilet paper, oh yeah
How you compare TP to women . You can wash your fanny in the lake or creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,670,959 times
Reputation: 2648
My favorite camping item is my PSP (PlayStation Portable). It gives me something fun and interesting to do on boring camping trips, so I'm not stuck just looking at boring old rocks and trees and whatnot. This way I can pretend I'm not in a boring old wilderness, but in L.A. carjacking cars and mugging people and shooting cops with their own guns that I get from them after beating them up.

(Yes, I say all that with heavy sarcasm...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,941 posts, read 12,834,485 times
Reputation: 17187
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
How you compare TP to women . You can wash your fanny in the lake or creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Way on the outskirts of LA LA land.
3,040 posts, read 10,449,050 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
My favorite camping item is my PSP (PlayStation Portable). It gives me something fun and interesting to do on boring camping trips, so I'm not stuck just looking at boring old rocks and trees and whatnot. This way I can pretend I'm not in a boring old wilderness, but in L.A. carjacking cars and mugging people and shooting cops with their own guns that I get from them after beating them up.
It sounds like you don't enjoy camping. Considering this, I'm surprised you would spend time visiting the camping forum on City-Data. Maybe you just don't enjoy some of the places you've gone camping (because they're "boring"), but you enjoy camping in other places. Could that be it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,016,679 times
Reputation: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
It sounds like you don't enjoy camping. Considering this, I'm surprised you would spend time visiting the camping forum on City-Data. Maybe you just don't enjoy some of the places you've gone camping (because they're "boring"), but you enjoy camping in other places. Could that be it?
Amen to that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM
 
Location: in here, out there
3,064 posts, read 5,602,241 times
Reputation: 5109
The Safari Qwik Cook stove:


This miracle of technology burns very hot on just a pile of twigs. Everything burns down to ash and the stove acts as its own firepan, so you don't damage the ground where you cook. It's easy to set your cookpot on top, where an open fire would be more difficult to place a pot.

Later at night it is good for campfire action, and in the morning you just dump the ashes anywhere some bushes need some fertilizer (potash).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 06:34 PM
 
Location: in here, out there
3,064 posts, read 5,602,241 times
Reputation: 5109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Mine is my big comfortable camping chair for sitting around the fire.
Watch out for those chair-grabbers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,670,959 times
Reputation: 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
It sounds like you don't enjoy camping. Considering this, I'm surprised you would spend time visiting the camping forum on City-Data. Maybe you just don't enjoy some of the places you've gone camping (because they're "boring"), but you enjoy camping in other places. Could that be it?
I was kidding. I don't know how you didn't see it if you clicked "quote", but I put in my post in white lettering that I was being sarcastic. I was just joking around, I didn't want to completely mislead you. Go back to my post that youu quoted and highlight it and you'll see that I did that.

I was just parodying these people I often see who bring their kids "camping" and the kids just sit there playing video games and watching DVD's, completely unappreciative of the nature around them. Or even the adults who do the adult version of this, by going way out to "camp" and then set up a TV to watch football all day or whatever else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top