Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:34 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,754,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
The Safari Qwik Cook stove:

This miracle of technology burns very hot on just a pile of twigs. Everything burns down to ash and the stove acts as its own firepan, so you don't damage the ground where you cook. It's easy to set your cookpot on top, where an open fire would be more difficult to place a pot.

Later at night it is good for campfire action, and in the morning you just dump the ashes anywhere some bushes need some fertilizer (potash).
This thing is AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,559,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I was kidding. I don't know how you didn't see it if you clicked "quote", but I put in my post in white lettering that I was being sarcastic. I was just joking around, I didn't want to completely mislead you. Go back to my post that youu quoted and highlight it and you'll see that I did that.
Since it was in "white" lettering, it didn't show up against the white background, so there was no way I could tell that you had done this. When I went back to look at it, it was there, but since I don't normally highlight messages, I missed it the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I was just parodying these people I often see who bring their kids "camping" and the kids just sit there playing video games and watching DVD's, completely unappreciative of the nature around them. Or even the adults who do the adult version of this, by going way out to "camp" and then set up a TV to watch football all day or whatever else.
Thanks for clarifying. I don't understand the logic of the folks that pull into a campground in their RV, get it leveled, then go back inside to fire up the generator to watch TV and eat a meal from a microwave. Why bother going to a campground for that?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,355,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Mine is my big comfortable camping chair for sitting around the fire.
and my Key West Margarittaville Frozen Concoction Maker. Now that's camping!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,098,291 times
I admit that we don't truly "camp" in our 30 ft Cougar... so I think our family loves our ice cream ball. We travel in our camper. In CO we used to "camp" in the mountains, go ATVing, etc. But we truly got it to travel in without having to do a hotel.
Those ice cream balls are great! Our fav is oreo ice cream.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:33 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,559,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I admit that we don't truly "camp" in our 30 ft Cougar... so I think our family loves our ice cream ball. We travel in our camper. In CO we used to "camp" in the mountains, go ATVing, etc. But we truly got it to travel in without having to do a hotel.
Those things looked interesting when I first saw them, but you're the first one I've heard from that's actually used one. Thanks for the "review."

I already said my favorite, but I'll chime in for a friend of mine, since he doesn't use city-data. Though he didn't specifically say it was his favorite piece of camping gear, my friend did give high praises to his Camp Chef three burner campstove. He was just telling me earlier today how well he liked it, because he was able to have three things going at once. That stove has three large burners, so it can be used to cook three things at once, or in the case of breakfast, it can cook two things and heat coffee at the same time. It can also be used with a large griddle for cooking lots of food, or with a BBQ box for grilling steaks or chicken. It's a neat stove to have if you're going to camp and stay put for a few days. Because of its size, it's a bit of work to set up and take down on a daily basis.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,967,255 times
The one item I always bring is my cast iron skillet. Nothing beats pan fried trout and hashbrowns for breakfast.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,897,584 times
Quote:
We have an ice cream ball and only used it once. Maybe we did it wrong. Exactly how do you use yours???

Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 PM

125 posts, read 254,785 times
Grill for make some of met

Greetings
Nacho

Old 09-01-2009, 05:52 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,111,538 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
We have an ice cream ball and only used it once. Maybe we did it wrong. Exactly how do you use yours???
Please clarify what an "ice cream ball" is???

Thanks!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,992,578 times
Small battery powered fans. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. More than one hot steamy tent camping trip at the beach has been so much better as a result.

Don't know the brand name off hand but if you want to know I'll go pull it out.

Cannot recommend this enough, it's an ESSENTIAL MUST HAVE.

(And I'll admit it...at first I thought it to be one of the most silliest things my wife has bought. How wrong I was.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing