U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 PM

702 posts, read 2,892,223 times

Advertisements

If you follow all the various RV forums online you will find that Coach Net seems to be the best. That is what I have. Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM

2,890 posts, read 5,388,399 times
We had a blowout on a Class A motorhome, 38'. Good Sam sent a guy with a little red hand jack. He wanted us to use our levelling jacks to lift the RV high enough to change the tire. No thank you! We switched to AAA RV/Plus.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:57 PM

702 posts, read 2,892,223 times
From what I hear, the same guy with a little red hand jack will arrive. I have been on RV forums and RVing for years and the winner appears to be CoachNet for road-side service. I am presently signed up with both Good Sam and CoachNet. When I used Good Sam, I was satisfied, but I asked the tow truck driver which service he would want for himself because he worked for ALL of them. His answer was CoachNet. He said that they seemed to go out of their way to satisfy customers and some things that they approved even surprised him. So, because of that, I am phasing out Good Sam in favor of CoachNet. If you do a search on the larger RV forums you will find many RV'ers reporting bad experiences with AAA RV. It is also very important to let the dispatcher know that you need the heavy duty rig to be sent because your coach is large. Try iRV2 forum for info. They have recently reached 50,000 members! Happy travels, Joe

Old 07-31-2011, 03:39 AM

1 posts, read 995 times
I had AAA, blew a tire, they wanted to TOW my 40' with car trailer to a Midas muffler shop (nearest) place in their computer. Idiot did not know what a 40' RV with trailer was. It eventually cost me $900 for roadside service and tire. I switched to Good Sam. They did a great job when a RV tire went flat on trip. BUT. last night my car almost blew up. I called Good Sam (Sat night 830pm). The rep slammed me to Mercedes Benz road service, guy said would cost $500 to tow me. I exploded. Called back, three time each time rep put me on hold for over 15 minutes. Finally got rep on phone, "sorry sir you car is not in your profile". 30 minutes late. "sir you are over the 25 mile range of FREE tow, you will have to pay. How will you pay?",,,,, this went on for hour.. she wanted credit card number. etc.. A good samaratian stopped and gave me oil to get to store with at 10pm. So GS or AAA, each has it faults.. so you have to be sure of your needs and what they tell you. AAA told me they would cover flat tires, NO.. they tow you.. to a store that has no idea how to change a RV tire. I think i will investigate a 18 wheeler service. They have to tow big rigs and fix their flats. I reckon the end is .. there is NO perfect great service..

Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM

12,438 posts, read 31,491,210 times
Service is Over Rated! Glad you got it Fixed & back on the road!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM

5,822 posts, read 13,312,141 times
We use Progressive, which is our Class A insurance also. They have always been right there when we needed them.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:28 AM

178 posts, read 627,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmitch79 View Post
Good Sam member here and had to use the plan 3 times in one year for our personal vehicals not the RV and only one trip was a tow job. We got a letter saying we were "overextending our benifits". Guess who won't be spending $109 next April?
Actually AAA sent my daughter the same letter for her car. The one plus that Good Sam has over AAA is the unlimited towing mileage. AAA has mileage limits. We belonged to AAA before Good Sam, and would never go back to AAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing