U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM

135 posts, read 432,656 times

Advertisements

We have just started to use our RV for tailgating at college football games

How do you all handle people wanting to use your bathroom when there is port-a-let very closed by?

I saw a few people that placed signs on the rvís stating women and children only. But even just women and children can get to be too many. One couple seemed to go every 30 minutes. The last game we went to there were a lot of my husbands co-workers there and they asked to use the restroom. I would get comments like "My wife practically grew up in an RV, she knows how to use the toilet"

I am not trying to be petty but water becomes a precious resource on board for a family of 4 when we are dry camping for 2 days and have to not only flush behind our immediate family, cook, wash dishes & hands, take a shower ect..
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
I think "For Emergency Use Only" would be appropriate. We were "tailgating" a few years ago when some guy from our crowd (of 30 or so) came in to use the bathroom for the second or third time. My wife was sitting at the table and probably glared at him a little. "It's okay," he says. "I know the lady who owns this." She introduced him to "the lady" and told him that would be his last trip to this particular bathroom.

I know how you feel. I had to empty our black tank into one of those blue totes. Four trips emptied it to about the halfway mark. After that incident we restrict usage to ourselves and pregnant ladies.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:49 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,010,855 times
Tell them "Nope sorry, its for our use only" . Its as simple as that, especially if the port-a-jons are so close by.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:29 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,827,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Tell them "Nope sorry, its for our use only" . Its as simple as that, especially if the port-a-jons are so close by.
Be careful with that statement too or it will always be an emergency. Just don't look them in the eye and say no. I wouldn't even say I'm sorry. Sounds cold hearted but that's what I would do and I'm a big softy.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,296,255 times
I actually find it unbelievable that people do this. There is no way I'd let anyone just use our bathroom in an RV if they weren't with us. It seems ridiculous. I'm not from the States, so am not experienced in football tailgating..this is really amazing. I'd go with Camper1. Just a firm 'no'. Especially if the porta-thingies are nearby.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 AM

8,685 posts, read 14,499,597 times
Who would have thought that was an issue...sheesh! Maybe one of those outside shower rings with a bucket and bag or say the blue guys are over there...kind of puts you on the spot doesn't it...

Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 AM

6,076 posts, read 11,010,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Be careful with that statement too or it will always be an emergency. Just don't look them in the eye and say no. I wouldn't even say I'm sorry. Sounds cold hearted but that's what I would do and I'm a big softy.
If you think about it, its pretty brazen on thier behalf to think that, "just because we're all tailgaters" that you ahould open your expensive RV to them just so they can use YOUR private pooper. Only because they weren't smart enough to 1) bring thier own, 2) didn't park a little closer to the port-a-poopers. With all the diseases that are floating about, no way go, go somewhere alse . Sorry if is your little Junior Typhiod Mary and they have to go "NOW MOMMY". And with the way people are today, they may be casing your rig out for a heist.
And Camper1, I've never been afraid to look someone in the eye and say "NO" to them, I use to work as a Corrections Officer, you show an once of fear to those dirtbags and they'll have your number in a second.

So for the OP, tell'm to take a hike, or go buy a ticket and watch the game from inside the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing