U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 AM

2,483 posts, read 3,533,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Go onto YouTube and listen to one being used.
Of course you'll need a reference point to do that, to make sure your you tube and system volume are calibrated to a level consistent with reality Of course, comparing one to directly to another in the same video would be helpful even if the source volume was not exactly matching reality.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 PM

513 posts, read 1,358,328 times
The Honda Eu3000is is extreamly quiet. A hair blow dryer makes way more noise. I borrowed the 3000 for a weekend then ran out and purchased one. You will love it! They can run for about 22 hours on one 4.5 gallon tank of gas. New they sell for about $2300. I bought mine off of craigslist, one year old but never even filled up with gas, still in the box for $1500.00 there were plenty of these in the s Florida area used. Great dependable generator, actually their "Inverters" which are better for electronic charging, cleaner electricity.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM

3,748 posts, read 6,143,988 times
To add to the input already here, we have an EU2000 as well. We used it for powering everything (microwave even) in our 32 foot motorhome.
So my question is, why would you want a 3000? Yes, it has more power, but are you going to be using a washing machine and a microwave or power tools at the same time?
The 2000 works fine for power tools, when that's the only load, not counting lights.
So for a travel trailer, a 2000 should be sufficient for anything you would need. To have a 3000, you are just making more power than is needed and using more fuel.
We ran our 2000 on the Eco setting, it would kick up to full output when we put a load on it, but then go back to Eco. With just under a gallon of gas, the 2000 would run for approximately 10 hours, give or take.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:56 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
So my question is, why would you want a 3000? Yes, it has more power, but are you going to be using a washing machine and a microwave or power tools at the same time?
The 2000 works fine for power tools, when that's the only load, not counting lights.
So for a travel trailer, a 2000 should be sufficient for anything you would need....
I don't believe it will run AC, except perhaps at near sea level where they develop more power. We don't use AC much because we normally camp at 8000 feet where we're more apt to need heat than cool air, but there are times when one needs AC for a little comfort.

On a trip to Oregon a few years ago we had planned to camp for the night just past a mountain pass. We got there, paid for the site (USFS campground), leveled, put out the canopy, the chairs, cracked a beer and sat down to relax. Sweat was poring off of me and wouldn't stop. I looked at my wife, she looked at me. "You're ready to go aren't you?" she asked. I nodded. We packed up and headed out. Even at the highest campground in the area it was over 100F, humid, and the bugs were swarming. We finally found a commercial campground with power.

We don't have a generator at all, but when we get one it will either be two 2000s that we can hook together or a 3000-4000.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:43 AM

5,615 posts, read 8,545,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
I also have the 2000UI and it seems loud to me up close but quiets significantly not too far away; make sure to have quality (thicker gauge) long extension cords.
Do you have the ECO throttle set? This quiets it considerably.

I have a pair, as one will not run my AC.
I can teather them together to get 4000W (as mentioned) but they are still small and light enough I can pick one up one in each and and carry them inside (even when full)

I spent an extra $100 to get BOTH of them with the 30amp plug.

This was one of the smartest ways I've ever spent $100.

(I can use either as a primary... And a power strip if I should need more regular outlets)

Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,727,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
The Honda Eu3000is is extreamly quiet. A hair blow dryer makes way more noise. I borrowed the 3000 for a weekend then ran out and purchased one. You will love it! They can run for about 22 hours on one 4.5 gallon tank of gas. New they sell for about $2300. I bought mine off of craigslist, one year old but never even filled up with gas, still in the box for $1500.00 there were plenty of these in the s Florida area used. Great dependable generator, actually their "Inverters" which are better for electronic charging, cleaner electricity.

Isn't $2300 steep for a small generator?

I bout a 20k whole house automatic generator that involved electrical panels, electrician, routing a propane line, delivery, and my entire price was $6230.

$2300 for such a small one that involves no labor, tradesman to install, seems quite steep.

Is it a case of............." you need it?...........you pay !"

Old 02-10-2014, 04:30 PM

513 posts, read 1,358,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Isn't $2300 steep for a small generator?

I bout a 20k whole house automatic generator that involved electrical panels, electrician, routing a propane line, delivery, and my entire price was $6230.

$2300 for such a small one that involves no labor, tradesman to install, seems quite steep.

Is it a case of............." you need it?...........you pay !"
First your paying for a quality Honda inverter, not actually a generator. It actually filters the power so it does not harm any electronics. Second, it's sound proofed/ deadened to be extremely quiet. As in any manufacturing your going to pay for the technology it takes to shrink it all down and still perform it's duties. I have 2 other large house generators that I probably paid $1400 for both. One has a 13 horsepower honda engine. If you want quality and dependability, your gonna pay!
I prefer to over do it when being prepared, rather than being stuck without enough gen. Power and saying "I wish I had" besides, my Honda eu3000is powered my camper and another popup camper all weekend. Maybe using 10 gallons of gas.

Teddy, sounds like you got a great deal on your whole house system!!!! I should do that to my home.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:44 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,541,591 times
I have the EU7000 and I love it. I think its quieter than the EU2000. and having the fuel injected engine is awesome theres no need for a choke switch. I would hate to be someones neighbor that had some LOUD POS

Old 11-05-2014, 10:16 AM

4,100 posts, read 6,141,021 times
I have a Honda 2000 watt generator and my son has the 3000 generator like you was asking about. I doubt that you will be able to find a generator that runs any quieter than these two. I own three other generators, and one of them is an earlier Honda, they all are noisier than my 2000 watt. I just gave my son a Honda generator that was about the size of a lunch pail, it is only 65 watts, and totally worthless except to run a small Sony TV. It was unbelievably quiet, but more of a conversation piece than anything else. One of my other generators is a 500 watt Sears two cycle, it isn't real loud, but it puts out quite a bit of smoke and runs at high RPM, but you can't do much with only 500 watts of power, it'll run a flood light and that's about it. The Honda 3000 watt is a good all around generator for it's size.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,147 times
My RV am I better to buy 2-2000watt honda or 1 3000 watt honda I think it makes more sense to get the 2-2000 please educate me 4000 is better than 3000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing