U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:04 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,452,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You might want to try peppermint creek, lower or upper, It sounds like you had a good time, I love to camp, let me know when you go maybe I can show up, Alder creek was great, highs in the 70's lowes in the 50's, i was suprised to see so many people there camping, everyone was real cool, met a guy and his family thaT make it a point to go there once a year for the last 22 years, sounds like me LOL.
I'm not familiar with Peppermint Creek, so I'll have to check that out. Where we camped at Isabella was nice for a large group, but I wouldn't camp there if it was just me and my family. It was close to the water, but I'd rather be a little further away if it means having some shade.

Like you, I also really enjoy camping. I don't do much of it in California, though, since I love to take road trips and travel all over the west. In the last several years, I've camped in California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. In addition to camping in those states, I've also visited Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and South Dakota, but I haven't yet camped in any of them (at least not in the last several years). With all the times I've been to Colorado, and with everything it has to offer, I'm surprised I have never camped there.

Most of the places I've camped, I have not returned to because I want to see new places when I go. There are some great places I wouldn't mind going back to, though, if I ever end up in those same areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 AM

11,436 posts, read 17,159,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I'm not familiar with Peppermint Creek, so I'll have to check that out. Where we camped at Isabella was nice for a large group, but I wouldn't camp there if it was just me and my family. It was close to the water, but I'd rather be a little further away if it means having some shade.

Like you, I also really enjoy camping. I don't do much of it in California, though, since I love to take road trips and travel all over the west. In the last several years, I've camped in California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. In addition to camping in those states, I've also visited Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and South Dakota, but I haven't yet camped in any of them (at least not in the last several years). With all the times I've been to Colorado, and with everything it has to offer, I'm surprised I have never camped there.

Most of the places I've camped, I have not returned to because I want to see new places when I go. There are some great places I wouldn't mind going back to, though, if I ever end up in those same areas.
I plan on doing some camping up north, me and the wife roadtrip up north and have seen some great places we would like to go back to for some camping.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,021,188 times
How far north, Canada?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
How far north, Canada?
Ya never know

Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 PM

The best part is being out there and enjoying each others company, Right?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
The best part is being out there and enjoying each others company, Right?
Thats not a bad thing

Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Thats not a bad thing
Amen to that, my freind!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,183,175 times
Wow, have been having sooo much fun taking our 2 y.o. grandson camping this year in our P'up!!! Took him to San Marcos River (Tx.) for the first time, in April. He was a natural!!! Rode on the Kayak with my DH on the river, slept like a baby that night!!!

Camped at Guadalupe River St. Park with him for Memorial Day Weekend. Most of our family and some friends joined us. The little guy loves the water so much, he even took a nap in his blow up boat. He runs around so much, getting him to sleep is no problem.

This past weekend we took him & our 14 y.o. grandaughter & her BFF down to the Tx. Gulf Coast of Rockport, Thurs - Monday. We stayed in a RV Park that was packed to the max, but had a great swimming pool, and tons of kids!!! We usually avoid these places like the plague, but wanted to take the kiddos to the beach, which they loved. We had a great time sharing it with our next generation!!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 07-16-2010 at 11:18 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Wow, have been having sooo much fun taking our 2 y.o. grandson camping this year in our P'up!!! Took him to San Marcos River (Tx.) for the first time, in April. He was a natural!!! Rode on the Kayak with my DH on the river, slept like a baby that night!!!

Camped at Guadalupe River St. Park with him for Memorial Day Weekend. Most of our family and some friends joined us. The little guy loves the water so much, he even took a nap in his blow up boat. He runs around so much, getting him to sleep is no problem.

This past weekend we took him & our 14 y.o. grandaughter & her BFF down to the Tx. Gulf Coast of Rockport, Thurs - Monday. We stayed in a RV Park that was packed to the max, but had a great swimming pool, and tons of kids!!! We usually avoid these places like the plague, but wanted to take the kiddos to the beach, which they loved. We had a great time sharing it with our next generation!!!
Hey that sounds great, I'm looking forward to my next trip

Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM

9,421 posts, read 17,411,436 times
WooHoo! I'm finally headed out in the morning for about 5 days of camping. We're not going far, but it's probably our favorite spot -- Bighorn Mountains (north central Wyoming) at Middle Fork Campground. My SIL and a few other family members come out from Oregon every summer for a few days up there with us. Weather is supposed to be nice and I've got my fly gear packed.

It's a small USFS campground -- only 10 sites and each has a nice stretch of trout stream in its backyard -- not big fish but fun to catch. And there's a beautiful mountain lake about a mile from it. I sure wish I had a canoe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing