U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Miami / Florida / U.S.A.
684 posts, read 790,497 times
Reputation: 458

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
I think, you're looking for a country that doesn't exist.
It does exist and is named Canada.

Australia also fits the description.

Prosperous and peaceful developed countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2010, 07:44 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,693,776 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
It does exist and is named Canada.

Australia also fits the description.

Prosperous and peaceful developed countries.
Re-read OPs description and post again. He is looking for a country named Utopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 08:25 PM
 
3,062 posts, read 4,236,512 times
Reputation: 3179
Default Utopia, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Re-read OPs description and post again. He is looking for a country named Utopia.
Apparently there is actually a town in Ontario called Utopia!!!!
It's a "small hamlet with about 100 people" - too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,693,776 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Apparently there is actually a town in Ontario called Utopia!!!!
It's a "small hamlet with about 100 people" - too funny!
Wow, so it really exists! And it's Canada, indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Perth, Western Australia
9,598 posts, read 15,626,545 times
Reputation: 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
canada is like an america but with cult people,no war,no crime,no discrimination,large,what more can i ask?by the way if you are canadians why are you dissing your own country?
Canada has cults, crime, discrimination...
either not on the same scale as the USA, or at least not as well publicized.
USA is better at "...airing their own dirty laundry..." than Canada, imho

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 06-19-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 PM
 
351 posts, read 1,452,949 times
Reputation: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
In the meantime . . . enjoy the song

YouTube - Canadian, Please
LOL

This is way too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 PM
 
57 posts, read 10,706 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not really dissing Canada it has some great scenery and probably more opportunity to advance in the business world but we also see a lot of positives if you happen to live in Europe.
Problem with Canada is most everything in most towns and cities are all the same,you have your shopping strip with all the fast food restaurants,grocery chains, car dealers and big box stores like Walmart etc.surrounded by bungalows,Also if you are outside the big cities its a culture that cant survive without the automobile.The bigger cities have a bit more historical sites but nothing like Europe has to offer.It will become obvious when you come over to visit,you may like it or it maybe nothing like you imagined.
What part of Canada do you have in mind?


after a lot of research i am thinking about ontario or british columbia,quebec seems to kinda suck(no ofense to anyone),no one seems to like it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,693,776 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Canada has cults, crime, discrimination...
either not on the same scale as the USA, or at least not as well publicized.
USA is better at "...airing their own dirty laundry..." than Canada, imho
Well said, ColdCanadian. I totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:14 PM
 
57 posts, read 10,706 times
Reputation: 16
first of all,thanks for the coments,i really appreciate them,second of all,please don't make fun,i take this really serious,third,there are too many coments so i respond to all of them here
so this is for :
movingwiththewind
joelaldo
edu93
cold canada
sunshineleith


movingwiththewind: no i am not looking to a country named utopia,and the country may not exist but canada looks pretty clost to it

joelaldo: i actualy thought of sweden,it was the first country i plan when i was younger,but now i think canada serves my needs more,sweden is pretty cool,maybe in the fute who knows,off course everty country has discrimination,no country is perfect,but canada is pretty clost to it,there is a reason why canada and switzerland has a big portuguese community

edu93:yeah you know it,australia seems cool,but its very hot there,i prefer the cold,but here doenst snow,i think the clima there must be shocking,specialy to someone who ins't acustomed,but good point,their similar,but australia is kinda racist,specially to middle eastern people,and the sports i prefer canada,wether,culture

cold canada: maybe you right,but i investigated all this,canada is simple a great country by statistics,human development index,quality life index,world peace index,economic index,developed countrys index,i am not making this up,canada is in almost good tops,seems pretty perfect dont you think eh?

sunshineleith: the video is pretty funny,the chick is pretty hot,lol another plus,beatifull women like american without the fatasses

i hope i had reply you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,693,776 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
first of all,thanks for the coments,i really appreciate them,second of all,please don't make fun,i take this really serious,third,there are too many coments so i respond to all of them here
so this is for :
movingwiththewind
joelaldo
edu93
cold canada
sunshineleith


movingwiththewind: no i am not looking to a country named utopia,and the country may not exist but canada looks pretty clost to it

joelaldo: i actualy thought of sweden,it was the first country i plan when i was younger,but now i think canada serves my needs more,sweden is pretty cool,maybe in the fute who knows,off course everty country has discrimination,no country is perfect,but canada is pretty clost to it,there is a reason why canada and switzerland has a big portuguese community

edu93:yeah you know it,australia seems cool,but its very hot there,i prefer the cold,but here doenst snow,i think the clima there must be shocking,specialy to someone who ins't acustomed,but good point,their similar,but australia is kinda racist,specially to middle eastern people,and the sports i prefer canada,wether,culture

cold canada: maybe you right,but i investigated all this,canada is simple a great country by statistics,human development index,quality life index,world peace index,economic index,developed countrys index,i am not making this up,canada is in almost good tops,seems pretty perfect dont you think eh?

sunshineleith: the video is pretty funny,the chick is pretty hot,lol another plus,beatifull women like american without the fatasses

i hope i had reply you all
Man, you're funny. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top