U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM

57 posts, read 35,433 times

Advertisements

i could learn french,but right now i suck at it,maybe with time will talk fluently,but in the begining theres no way

yes,it was a very good game,probably the bigger goal score in the entire world cup,but i feel bad for the north koreans,i do not want to be in there shoes when they get home
portugal sucks but got to say that we have the best football player in the world,and yes FOOTBALL not soccer please,everybody in the world calls it that,but off course americans with their "soccer" put everybody saying that,just simply anoying,at least they could call it european football,because we gave them that respect talking about AMERICAN FOOTBALL,sorry just annoys me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM

20,605 posts, read 25,677,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
i could learn french,but right now i suck at it,maybe with time will talk fluently,but in the begining theres no way

I am not telling you what to do , only trying to give you good advice.

You may encounter people who will tell you "move to Montreal! use English all the time! don't bother with that French crap! You don't have to learn it!"

This in my opinion is not good advice.

Immigrating to a place requires a lot of time, effort and money. That is why I try to give people a true picture of the situation before they make their decision.

Telling people stuff that is not true does not help them in the long run.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM

1,681 posts, read 3,050,207 times
I have heard that the Quebec goverment offers free French classes to recent immigrants so that might be an option if you do intend to move to Montreal and learn french.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM

793 posts, read 1,143,246 times
Quote:

yes,it was a very good game,probably the bigger goal score in the entire world cup,but i feel bad for the north koreans,i do not want to be in there shoes when they get home
portugal sucks but got to say that we have the best football player in the world,and yes FOOTBALL not soccer please,everybody in the world calls it that,but off course americans with their "soccer" put everybody saying that,just simply anoying,at least they could call it european football,because we gave them that respect talking about AMERICAN FOOTBALL,sorry just annoys me
Not to get off topic, but it was actually the English who created the term "Soccer" as a short form for Football Association. Yes the Americans started using it because they had a sport called football already once the popularity of the game started to spread. Now Im not defending the word soccer, because it never comes out my mouth either, just thought I might correct the misconception. And if you dont like hearing that term, you better get used to it, because they use it in Canada as well.

As far as having the best player on earth?? When since did Messi start playing for Portugal? Ronaldo scores his first goal since wearing the armband against N. Korea and now hes the best? C'Mon now kobe, you know thats not true my friend.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:35 PM

you're right about the origin of the word cart24,but you don't see english people callin it soccer do you?in stead they hate it,so much for the rest of europe and the rest of the world

so much for the best player in the world,lol people are divider 50% to each other,i personaly prefer messi too i think he's better,but but if i say thta i'm anipatriotic so people say here,by the way i bet messi will win again the best player of the world this year,but theres also ronaldo and rooney
and that's the end of the off topic lol,we have to create a new topic in the right place to discuss this,if anyone does let me know 4 sure

Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM

1,746 posts, read 4,521,329 times
Quote:
,and in my position i dont think that i could live in toronto or vancouver too expensive,so i am thinking on going to montreal quebec,they say it's cheaper
Toronto may be a little more expensive, but there are more jobs there and, in general, jobs pay more, so and the end, you may be better off in Toronto than some other less expensive places. It's like people often complain about how expensive NYC is, forgetting that NYC offers better pay and great career opportunties. What I'm saying is that in many cases a more expensive place can actually offer a better lifestyle and even be more affordable due to higher salaries and job opportunities. Do you think even a cheap place will be affordable if you don't have a job?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM

movingwiththewind,actually what you're saying makes sense,but i am not a college graduate,i dont wanna move in to make fortune or raise a family,i just wanna live,be happy,have a job,anykind is good,i'm not picky

ps:i just wanna say i'm sorry about my writing,i don't know if it's my keyboard or some site bug,but sometimes i have noticed it makes my writing ilegible,lol,my english is bad as it is

Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 AM

793 posts, read 1,143,246 times
Quote:
you're right about the origin of the word cart24,but you don't see english people callin it soccer do you?in stead they hate it,so much for the rest of europe and the rest of the world

so much for the best player in the world,lol people are divider 50% to each other,i personaly prefer messi too i think he's better,but but if i say thta i'm anipatriotic so people say here,by the way i bet messi will win again the best player of the world this year,but theres also ronaldo and rooney
and that's the end of the off topic lol,we have to create a new topic in the right place to discuss this,if anyone does let me know 4 sure
Kobe, I could talk football all day long trust me. I just dont want to get your thread closed. You can go to the Sports section of the forum if you want to start a football discussion (not really alot of fans there regretfully)

Quickly though I consider Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world personally, but Messi is a shoe in for number 1. My 3rd would not be Rooney though, Drogba is the must better striker (best striker on earth).

But yes, this is done (but under Sports there is a section for "soccer" )

Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 AM

20,605 posts, read 25,677,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I have heard that the Quebec goverment offers free French classes to recent immigrants so that might be an option if you do intend to move to Montreal and learn french.
Yes they do, and I believe they are about to be beefed up in fact.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM

and are theese classes free?

how long you think i could learn basic french?just to get by
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or