Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 PM

57 posts, read 47,949 times

Advertisements

good night,i am new here at the forum,my name is antónio,i am 21 and i am from portugal,a country in europe,don't know if you guys know it,well,getting to the point,the point is want to be canadian and go live to canada,but i know the burocracy and time waitng for a visa and to become a cityzen,i am considering all,since bribing the canadian embassy to paying a canadian women to marry me so i can become canadian,someone knows any way to become canadian without years of waiting???please help me out

kobe_edje@hotmail.com----->email and msn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 04:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Legally you dont have any options other than to go through normal bureaucratic channels and if you plan on staying a long time,raising a family, having a steady job,developing a social life in the community legally is the best way to do it because if you do it illegally you are leaving yourself open to deportation at any moment in your life here.
Yeah going through the system sucks but you'll be glad you followed the rules once you've acquired that emigration legally.
Now if you just want to come for a short time and you have a connection that can give you a job where the paper work can be bypassed then you could take a chance and just come over but if you get caught working with no papers say good by to any future emigration through legal channels and also big problems for that connection who gave you the job..
Good luck

Old 06-19-2010, 06:03 AM

701 posts, read 1,900,653 times
well, since you sound so desperate, getting married with a Canadian citizen is probably the easiest and fastest way to go. Otherwise, there is definitely years of waiting.
By the way, why Canada? Portugal is a great place to live, isn't it?

Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgg7 View Post
By the way, why Canada? Portugal is a great place to live, isn't it?
I agree, Europe at your door step.sounds good to me..
You may want to come over to Canada for a visit before you go to all the trouble involved with emigrating as Canada may not be as good as you think..

Old 06-19-2010, 12:35 PM

lol,i want to correct one thing i said,if i marry a women from canada i don't become instaly canadian,just saw it on the canadian embassy site of my country,lol,smart country,see?lol,i guess i don't have choice but to go the legal way,but i will take your advice and go visit first. now...why i like it...i just do,it's just a great country,and i like developed countries,new ,countrys,and north america is that,europe is too old

now responding to your questions portugal is not a great country to live in,personaly i never like it,i kinda hated,but now it's just ridiculous,even the emigrants who once came are now living,also cause of the financial crisis,but country is downhill way before this,i will never be happy here
but you're right are great countrys in europe just not my taste like a refer above,are you canadians?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 PM

canada is like an america but with cult people,no war,no crime,no discrimination,large,what more can i ask?by the way if you are canadians why are you dissing your own country?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM

Not really dissing Canada it has some great scenery and probably more opportunity to advance in the business world but we also see a lot of positives if you happen to live in Europe.
Problem with Canada is most everything in most towns and cities are all the same,you have your shopping strip with all the fast food restaurants,grocery chains, car dealers and big box stores like Walmart etc.surrounded by bungalows,Also if you are outside the big cities its a culture that cant survive without the automobile.The bigger cities have a bit more historical sites but nothing like Europe has to offer.It will become obvious when you come over to visit,you may like it or it maybe nothing like you imagined.
What part of Canada do you have in mind?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:29 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
In the meantime . . . enjoy the song

YouTube - Canadian, Please

Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
canada is like an america but with cult people,no war,no crime,no discrimination,large,what more can i ask?
I think, you're looking for a country that doesn't exist.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:05 PM

758 posts, read 2,241,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
I think, you're looking for a country that doesn't exist.
Agreed. The closest you'll get is Sweden or Switzerland, but even then there's some discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada