U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 PM

136 posts, read 326,282 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm a hockey team that needs a new home. I've had some hard luck in Atlanta finding good people to surround myself with. What can you recommend as far as a good place to live in Winnipeg? I've heard the MTS Centre is nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM

324 posts, read 587,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside38 View Post
Hey there, I'm a hockey team that needs a new home. I've had some hard luck in Atlanta finding good people to surround myself with. What can you recommend as far as a good place to live in Winnipeg? I've heard the MTS Centre is nice!
Had a hard time in HOTLANTA? Say it ain't so. They are the friendliest people I've ever encountered. Now Winnipeg you say - you got a real job or just playing in the minors?

This should help you out Winnipeg Communities - Winnipeg Suburbs, Relocation, Moving, Winnipeg Community - 360Winnipeg.ca or Winnipeg, Manitoba Neighborhoods and Suburbs

Old 06-05-2011, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 9,255 times
I have family that lives in Winnipeg so I know the city fairly well. Avoid the north end of the city as it has serious crime and drug issues. Also the downtown area can be pretty bad for crime as well. There are a lot of impoverished Native folks in the city and environs.

Young "go-getters" have a tendency to leave Winnipeg for other more dynamic locations. You will find many middle aged, staid people with a Bible belt orientation.

Even given the fact I have family in the town you couldn't pay me enough to live there! But that is my opinion. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:01 AM

8 posts, read 9,255 times
I forgot to mention the corner of Portage and Main is one of the coldest spots in the world in winter.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:10 PM

478 posts, read 640,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilajw2002 View Post
I have family that lives in Winnipeg so I know the city fairly well. Avoid the north end of the city as it has serious crime and drug issues. Also the downtown area can be pretty bad for crime as well. There are a lot of impoverished Native folks in the city and environs.

Young "go-getters" have a tendency to leave Winnipeg for other more dynamic locations. You will find many middle aged, staid people with a Bible belt orientation.

Even given the fact I have family in the town you couldn't pay me enough to live there! But that is my opinion. Good luck.
The joke sure went right over a few heads.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:32 PM

12 posts, read 11,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
I'm thinking someone read the title and commented rather than reading the post.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 PM

10,900 posts, read 23,168,159 times
I think you will sell out your new home at the MTS Center in a less than 17 minutes
good luck on your move... As your former 92-95 rivals the Vancouver Canucks we say Hi and welcome back

P.S. We moved too... we left the smaller and older pacific coliseum and have now moved to the largewr and newer Rogers arena hope to have you for a vist soon we may have the cup so plz come and enjoy it with us

YouTube - ‪Infamous Winnipeg Jets VS Canucks " Peca Hit On Selanne" PART 1/13‬‏

Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM

12 posts, read 11,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilajw2002 View Post
Avoid the north end of the city as it has serious crime and drug issues.
Just out of curiosity. How much time have you spent in the north end? I don't mean driving as fast as you can to get through it. I've been down there far too much and have never had a problem. If you mind your own business people will leave you alone. A lot of the residents there are good people who are surround by some total s**t rats that give the entire area a bad name.

The majority of the problems in the north end, west end etc are between people who are known to each other i.e. rival gangs, ex lovers, family and so on. I'd be more nervous walking in parts of downtown with all the drunks, crack heads, aggressive squeegee, etc kids roaming around.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 AM

136 posts, read 326,282 times
Quote:
Tell me about it.

I mean, wouldn't the title be a tad conspicuous given the date it was posted?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,578,649 times
Quote:
Yup! I definitely did not bother posting a response to this when I first saw it because of that reason! I looked, laughed and left!

Anyways welcome back to the NHL, Winnipeg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or