U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,750,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
In all my life in Toronto I have never met anyone from Spain. Portugal, Italy, Greece, Poland, Ukarine, Estonia, Macedonina, German and but never from Spain.
When I lived in Toronto, I dated a Spanish girl for a few years. She had quite a number of Spanish friends and relatives who lived locally.

You won't find a Little Spain in Toronto, the way you find Little Italy, Greektown, Little Portugal, and so on. But there certainly are Spanish people--originally from Spain--in Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:35 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,779,288 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
When I lived in Toronto, I dated a Spanish girl for a few years. She had quite a number of Spanish friends and relatives who lived locally.

You won't find a Little Spain in Toronto, the way you find Little Italy, Greektown, Little Portugal, and so on. But there certainly are Spanish people--originally from Spain--in Toronto.
Cool. Just curious what area of Toronto did she live in? There are some pockets of the city I am not really familiar with so I always wonder who lives there.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:19 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,750,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Cool. Just curious what area of Toronto did she live in? There are some pockets of the city I am not really familiar with so I always wonder who lives there.
She was from the east end, but her Spanish friends and relatives were all over the GTA. I remember that at her family weddings, I was introduced to many of them; and there was no single area of the GTA in which they lived. Some were in Mississauga, some were in North York, some were in Markham, some were in the City of Toronto itself (this was pre-1997, before Metro was amalgamated into one city) and so on. Their reasons for living where they did were pretty typical: close to work, close to good schools, ability to afford a house, and so on.

But that may be why they don't stand out, like other ethnic communities do: because they're all over, and not located in any one neighbourhood. They certainly knew how to get together and party when the occasion demanded!

Old 12-21-2016, 10:11 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,779,288 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
She was from the east end, but her Spanish friends and relatives were all over the GTA. I remember that at her family weddings, I was introduced to many of them; and there was no single area of the GTA in which they lived. Some were in Mississauga, some were in North York, some were in Markham, some were in the City of Toronto itself (this was pre-1997, before Metro was amalgamated into one city) and so on. Their reasons for living where they did were pretty typical: close to work, close to good schools, ability to afford a house, and so on.

But that may be why they don't stand out, like other ethnic communities do: because they're all over, and not located in any one neighbourhood. They certainly knew how to get together and party when the occasion demanded!

Just goes to show ... there is always something new to discover in Toronto . Now I am on a quest to meet someone Spanish in Toronto lol .

Flash black ... The only Spanish people I meet in Toronto were went to the Spanish consulate once with my husband to get a travel visa... HOLLY RUDE!!!! I was dying ... the most unpleasant people where working there at that time. Two sour grapes running the show on that day! He still got the visa.... but it was kind of a comical experience ex Smilie Happy people looking to go on vacation ... really grouchy angry looking man working there reviewing the application ( I must have came during his siesta time).

Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 PM

3 posts, read 1,067 times
wow!!! so surprise now Iknow where i can find my people here in Canada!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:55 PM

is there any province in BC where i can meet Latinos am from new york but i born in dominican republic got here to bc 2 months ago and i really want to know where i can meet spanish people

Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM

7,226 posts, read 6,575,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2376 View Post
is there any province in BC where i can meet Latinos am from new york but i born in dominican republic got here to bc 2 months ago and i really want to know where i can meet spanish people

Do you mean you mean is there a town in BC to meet Latinos? BC is a province in Canada. Have you arrived in BC?

If you're in the Vancouver area you can try this website to meet up with people: https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeet...rt=recommended

Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 PM

1,147 posts, read 470,888 times
Kensington Market in Toronto, maybe?

Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM

Default hey

yeah i live in richmond BC

Old 06-21-2017, 05:38 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,485,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erian View Post
I'm just curious with this, where are cities or towns where you can find Hispanic people from small to mid (If it really fits) percentage in Canada?.
Hmm ... if it is racist to ask for a white doctor, is it also racist to ask for a hispanic neighbourhood? Is there a difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or