Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,244,374 times

Advertisements

I saw it too. I was annoyed that all they put for the Maritimes was that "people talk funny". Surely they could have mentioned fish, potatoes, Anne of Green Gables and beaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,401,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I saw it too. I was annoyed that all they put for the Maritimes was that "people talk funny". Surely they could have mentioned fish, potatoes, Anne of Green Gables and beaches
That should have been limited to Newfoundland with the addition of "people who eat baby seals"

Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 PM

179 posts, read 822,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
I have a meteorology degree with a strong background in computer programming applications to meteorology.
Canadian Immigration - NAFTA Temporary Work Permits - TN Visas

CICIC::Information for foreign-trained meteorologists > Professions

Choose a location - Working in Canada (http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?action=search_province&source=widget5382&no c=2114 - broken link)

Check those links I sent you. I'm guess you're American, which means you can benefit from a 3 year temporary work visa and your credentials don't have to be recognized for you to start working.

As soon as you land a job, it'll be a piece of cake to immigrate permanently.

Is there a particular region/city where you want to settle? Some places have a provincial nominee programme which makes it easier to immigrate if you plan to settle in said province.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:37 PM

26 posts, read 148,254 times
I have a graduate degree a doctorate, at this time I'm retired form my profession and I'm a writer...my husband is retired business owner . I think we could go back to school ...but at this point in our lives it is little odd. We would rather open a small coffee shop in Canada and play classical music sip coffee and encourage local artists to come and hang their painting on the walls!

Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM

6 posts, read 7,748 times
Default I like Clayton the English tutor...Montreal

I'm a mature woman who has been coming across Clayton the English tutor on & off; I feel attracted to him, but am not sure how he feels about me...we see each other at Depanneur Le Pick Up...a few days ago he offered to "get me a coffee" and when I showed up at Depanneur Le Pick Up he was gone...I suspect that there may have been a misunderstanding, but am too much of a chicken to ask him about it...Clayton, feel free to invite me again!
Thanks for helping me communicate with Clayton the English tutor.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
Keep going to the dep and mature the relationship with Clay eh!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Default I like Clayton the English tutor...Montreal

Thanks for the advice...will try!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,517,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung pao View Post
I have a graduate degree a doctorate, at this time I'm retired form my profession and I'm a writer...my husband is retired business owner . I think we could go back to school ...but at this point in our lives it is little odd. We would rather open a small coffee shop in Canada and play classical music sip coffee and encourage local artists to come and hang their painting on the walls!
That sounds really cool. I hope you are able to make this dream into a successful reality. There is a programme, {Still in effect?} where a would be immigrant gets fast approval when they are bringing X numbers of dollars to Canada to invest. You might look into that.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM

380 posts, read 1,109,411 times
Default (lack of) Bus Hygiene in Vancouver

Is it possible to force bus passengers to have bathed in the past 2 weeks to board busses here? Perhaps we could have some sort of car-wash for people one has to enter to board. Lowering the fare to $1 and then enforcing it for EVERYONE might fix things. Don't see why taxes should subsidize public transit for crack heads and prostitutes to go from score to score.

Hey if that's too much, how about at least kicking off people that spit phlegm on it?

Old 05-28-2012, 06:48 PM

This morning Clayton passed by, super cheerful, and we chatted for a few minutes...have to work up the guts to invite him for coffee...leaving this neighbourhood in 2 weeks...till October, that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada