U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 PM

7,213 posts, read 6,567,148 times

Advertisements

Last day of summer and she went out with a bang today, beautiful weather and a beautiful sunset on the west coast. Just wanted to share this photo of the sunset taken from the roof at my place. Ain't it purty?
Attached Thumbnails
*Official Canada Chat Thread*-9-21-14-last-sunset-summer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 10:17 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,197,230 times
Wishing all my neighbors to the north of me a Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:59 AM

10,900 posts, read 23,168,159 times
Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Old 10-12-2014, 07:26 PM

Likewise to you. I hope you got stuffed!

Old 11-21-2014, 11:15 AM

14,800 posts, read 17,703,198 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSaHRd4Q48

Lol and the Leafs will get owned...9-2...

Old 11-26-2014, 05:45 PM

5,688 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Can I complain about the weather? It's really, really cold here now. With the wind chill, it was something like -33C this morning and I have a sick horse that required me going out several times at night.

There. I feel a bit better now.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,128,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Can I complain about the weather? It's really, really cold here now. With the wind chill, it was something like -33C this morning and I have a sick horse that required me going out several times at night.

There. I feel a bit better now.
Awwww - how is your horse is he feeling better now?.. Horses are beautiful animals btw

Old 11-28-2014, 02:48 PM

Bring the horse into the house!

Okay, I'm joking about that and I do sympathise with the weather worries and I hope the horse is feeling better soon.

I never had horses or cows but when I had other smaller animals/livestock that were unwell I often would bring them into a holding pen in the house so I could monitor constantly and attend to them every few minutes. I know it's not possible to do that with large livestock and I sure do understand the distress associated with dealing with sick animals, especially when the weather is horrible.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:48 PM

5,688 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Awwww - how is your horse is he feeling better now?.. Horses are beautiful animals btw
The horse is a lot better compared to where she was but she is still not well. A case of sudden lameness with no obvious cause for it that has the vet baffled. I hate it when emergencies happen in the middle of the night, or weekends. Yes, vets come out but I always feel an extra level of panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Bring the horse into the house!

Okay, I'm joking about that and I do sympathise with the weather worries and I hope the horse is feeling better soon.

I never had horses or cows but when I had other smaller animals/livestock that were unwell I often would bring them into a holding pen in the house so I could monitor constantly and attend to them every few minutes. I know it's not possible to do that with large livestock and I sure do understand the distress associated with dealing with sick animals, especially when the weather is horrible.

Well, if she wasn't so lame, I might have done that but she was so bad off she couldn't walk. I thought she might have broken her leg. And my house has some stairs coming in, so that wouldn't have been possible. She is still lame enough that she'd never get up the stairs but she has improved. Now she is hobbling a few steps here and there. The weirdest thing is no heat and no swelling anywhere, so I am still not knowing what is going on and the weather doesn't help.

But the last animal (besides ordinary dogs and cats) that was lame and needed help because all the other goslings were picking on him, never left his position of house goose. He bonded to me and had a box in the house he slept in at night. At 9am on the nose he would chortle a quiet little chortle that sounded quite a lot like a loon. He loved to be carried and tuck his head under my armpit. He weeded beside me in the garden and never picked the wrong plants.

Unfortunately although he grew into a beautiful animal, Moses' lameness returned later and he passed to his eternal reward after vets couldn't help him any more. He made quite a sight in the vet office alongside all the dogs and cats.

So I kind of think even if I could get a horse into my house, I just might end up with a house horse until death us do part. (Although I did have a healthy horse in my living room once, just to see if it could be done. I think I might have read some story about some guy riding a horse into a cathedral? Anyway, because she was not sick, and it was not winter, I didn't worry myself sick and had no trouble getting the healthy horse out.)

Old 09-18-2015, 08:11 PM

58 posts, read 117,209 times
Canada thread eh?

I hate this country, how do I get out without an education?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or