U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 09:27 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,147,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post
Canada thread eh?

I hate this country, how do I get out without an education?
Walk across the border. Bye!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 02:13 AM

12 posts, read 16,417 times
Quote:
Canada thread eh?

Aren't there still a few countries where native speakers can teach English without a college degree?

Might have to take a course, but I don't think those are too expensive/time-consuming

Old 05-25-2016, 05:37 AM

34,355 posts, read 41,427,648 times
Quote:
Canada thread eh?

With no education you dont get out, so enjoy living the rest of your life in a place you hate.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:21 PM

7,213 posts, read 6,567,148 times
In Canada there is no excuse for anyone to not have an education.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:57 PM

97 posts, read 60,096 times
It's peculiar there being fora for Calgary and Edmonton yet none for Winnipeg.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM
BMI

7,262 posts, read 4,489,778 times
Shocker today.

Will Baker...formerly known as Vince Li....the man who beheaded a passenger
on a Greyhound bus west of Winnipeg back in 2008 ...has been granted full freedom,
no monitoring!

Only in Canada I'd say

Crazy stuff imo

Old 08-18-2017, 03:55 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,774,955 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Shocker today.

Will Baker...formerly known as Vince Li....the man who beheaded a passenger
on a Greyhound bus west of Winnipeg back in 2008 ...has been granted full freedom,
no monitoring!

Only in Canada I'd say

Crazy stuff imo
Interesting ....

I guess he is back on his medicaion. This stuff really worries me. Considering how serious a crime he committed I am not comfortable with him not at least being monitored.

Scary.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 PM

385 posts, read 215,292 times
On the most part we have it pretty good in Canada. There is a reason foreigners come here and stay. At least half the people I know are not from Canada originally and have come and made this place their permanent home. And it isn't just one culture crossing the boarder, these people are from every corner of the world. The only reason I can see for someone to "hate" it is because they are doing things wrong and keep getting caught.
That said, it's no loss to us for haters to leave, you will save our government money.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 AM

3,215 posts, read 1,541,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki66 View Post
On the most part we have it pretty good in Canada. There is a reason foreigners come here and stay. At least half the people I know are not from Canada originally and have come and made this place their permanent home. And it isn't just one culture crossing the boarder, these people are from every corner of the world. The only reason I can see for someone to "hate" it is because they are doing things wrong and keep getting caught.
That said, it's no loss to us for haters to leave, you will save our government money.
At least Canada gets educated immigrants. As the policy prioritizes highly educated immigrants and in areas Canada sees need for. Much harder for uneducated immigrants to enter Canada. That's another process.

The US still has a high % of low-educated immigrants and has bringing over family members legally to keep families together having some priority. Trump wants to stop that. Then you have the illegal (basically refugees) crossing onto the US for decades. They alone number the whole population of Canada it's believed.

The US has issues Canada escaped. Now Canada maintains more independence, coming of age and superiority to the US ..... that once was a label for a ugly American boasting.

The irony of haters of anything Canadian can leave ...... is a bit Trumpish and like a segment of American ultra-conservatives politically...... Pride in America of move to Canada.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 AM

12,581 posts, read 11,128,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
At least Canada gets educated immigrants. As the policy prioritizes highly educated immigrants and in areas Canada sees need for. Much harder for uneducated immigrants to enter Canada. That's another process.

The US still has a high % of low-educated immigrants and has bringing over family members legally to keep families together having some priority. Trump wants to stop that. Then you have the illegal (basically refugees) crossing onto the US for decades. They alone number the whole population of Canada it's believed.

The US has issues Canada escaped. Now Canada maintains more independence, coming of age and superiority to the US ..... that once was a label for a ugly American boasting.

The irony of haters of anything Canadian can leave ...... is a bit Trumpish and like a segment of American ultra-conservatives politically...... Pride in America of move to Canada.
Canada wasn't on Mexico's doorstep for all that period of time people were coming across the border. So sure the challenges have been different. I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. That said, Canada still allows quite a bit of refugees into the country and the 40K Syrians who came in so not every new Canadian is necessarily the 'best' and 'brightest' and allowed entry simply as an act of compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or