Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2018, 09:21 AM

126,149 posts, read 18,891,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki66 View Post
On the most part we have it pretty good in Canada. There is a reason foreigners come here and stay. At least half the people I know are not from Canada originally and have come and made this place their permanent home. And it isn't just one culture crossing the boarder, these people are from every corner of the world. The only reason I can see for someone to "hate" it is because they are doing things wrong and keep getting caught.
That said, it's no loss to us for haters to leave, you will save our government money.
Good day nikki

My parents decided to move over 40 years ago to Canada all the way from Germany.They said it is the best choice they ever made. It is my second homeland now and i love it here. I have lived for a few years in British Columbia,Ontario and Quebec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,231,303 times
I love Canada.

Always have.
Always will.
We're cousins and friends.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 AM

389 posts, read 274,301 times
Happy Saturday Almrausch. I am so happy everything worked out for the best for your family. I actually hear that a lot "Canada is the best option with the best opportunities" Glad you love it here fellow Canadian Canada is great we really do have it good don't we. hahaha

Old 01-28-2018, 03:28 PM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,221,754 times
Read about Campbell’s Soup plant in Toronto closing after 98 years, will be laying off about 380 workers,
soup will now be trucked in from Campbell’s Soup plants in the US.

Similar to what happened down in Leamington, Ontario with the Heinz plant.

Good for Trump and his make America great again slogan, not so good for little old Canada

Could be tip of the iceberg...I hope not...what with Nafta in limbo
and new much lower US corporate taxes. Trump is bad news for Canada.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:33 AM
BMI

I wonder if the truck driver has been charged yet (or will ever be charged)
in the terrible accident in Saskatchewan with a bus killing young hockey players last month.

Has the name of the truck driver ever been released?

Also anymore info on the man that killed all those pedestrians with a
rented van along Yonge Street about a month ago....any updates

Canada is bad that way....report the news sure.....very little follow up,
and names seem to be withheld more than in the USA

Last edited by BMI; 05-20-2018 at 06:04 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 08:52 AM
BMI

Gas prices at the pump have skyrocketed, thanks to Trudeau and his beloved carbon tax
cash grab....

BC hit hardest ....they are paying as high as $1.70 a litre.

Bad enough that we always pay more than in the USA but this is adding
insult to injury

Old 02-28-2020, 08:55 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,984,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Gas prices at the pump have skyrocketed, thanks to Trudeau and his beloved carbon tax
cash grab....

BC hit hardest ....they are paying as high as $1.70 a litre.

Bad enough that we always pay more than in the USA but this is adding
insult to injury
Maybe you should be pushing to eliminate the carbon tax?

Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,984,474 times
Quote:
Read about Campbell’s Soup plant in Toronto closing after 98 years, will be laying off about 380 workers,
soup will now be trucked in from Campbell’s Soup plants in the US.

Similar to what happened down in Leamington, Ontario with the Heinz plant.

Good for Trump and his make America great again slogan, not so good for little old Canada

Could be tip of the iceberg...I hope not...what with Nafta in limbo
and new much lower US corporate taxes. Trump is bad news for Canada.
There would be no logic in allowing Canada to have a protectionist stance with their agriculture without a tit for tat, but it is far more egregious for America to put up with nonsensical Canadian laws that mandate that certain percentages of manufacturing have to take place there. USA is the world's largest, most prosperous market. If you are going to sell goods and services there, it darned well needs to be on an even handed basis. It's bad enough that your government manipulates the value of your currency to give your workers a competitive edge.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:36 AM
BMI

Well....I hope after this Covid-19 thing is over that Canada does not let Huawei install/design
any of our 5G network....should be a flat no!

Though, I'm sure Justin will let them...oh, poor China. Poor China my a$$.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,153,942 times
Quote:
Well....I hope after this Covid-19 thing is over that Canada does not let Huawei install/design
any of our 5G network....should be a flat no!

Though, I'm sure Justin will let them...oh, poor China. Poor China my a$$.
Trudeau may have a say in this, but I'm sure he doesn't make the call unilaterally. Ultimately it comes down to the big telecoms - Bell, Rogers, Telus - that already have a lot of money poured into this, and Huawei typically will give them the steepest discounts / cheapest equipment. These big telecoms are lobbying very very heavily behind the scenes to have Huawei as an approved 5G vendor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada