Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM

17 posts, read 50,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Really? That's cheap? I guess, when you think about it, you are putting yourself at risk for prosecution if you deliberately marry for money so someone can immigrate. I guess I should have charged him more but . . . just kidding!
$10,000 is very cheap. Loads of people would pay that for a Canadian passport if that's all it took, plus a 2 year waiting period. I already have a Canadian passport and I would gladly pay $10,000 for a Swiss passport. Swiss a rarer and harder-to-get passport than Canadian but still. Imagine how much people who don't have any rich- or somewhat-rich-country passport would be willing to pay to get a first rich-country passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepistiku View Post
$10,000 is very cheap. Loads of people would pay that for a Canadian passport if that's all it took, plus a 2 year waiting period. I already have a Canadian passport and I would gladly pay $10,000 for a Swiss passport. Swiss a rarer and harder-to-get passport than Canadian but still. Imagine how much people who don't have any rich- or somewhat-rich-country passport would be willing to pay to get a first rich-country passport.
I remember a 60 minutes segment where one of the hosts did a piece on how easy it was to get phony ID in any major city in the USA, Passports,Drivers licenses, green cards,etc in fact you could get a complete package of everything you need for about $600 US in about 2 hours, i'm sure the same illicit/illegal activity goes on here in Canada as well.So $10K would be a bit high..

Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Ah, these last two days have been so nice. Warm and sunny for the most part. Spring truely has sprung here in Niagara. Things are growing, birds are singing and doing other things that they do every spring. There could be major thunder storms tomorrow though!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ah, these last two days have been so nice. Warm and sunny for the most part. Spring truely has sprung here in Niagara. Things are growing, birds are singing and doing other things that they do every spring. There could be major thunder storms tomorrow though!!!
It was rainy this morning, but right now it feels like God smiling on BCs lower mainland. Beautiful sun shining down over the mountains and inlet as all of the spring flowers are just starting to bloom in people's gardens. Gorgeous, unrainy weather to be savoured after the long winter. I'm glad other parts of the country are enjoying spring weather too, although my parent' say it's about 0 degrees and freezing rain in Montreal right now, so we'll have to hope the winds are blowing east

Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
53 degrees here in Montreal this afternoon..
Finally spring has come back to....Montreal

Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
I hate to brag but it's 19C here - ABOVE - and the forecast is for 26 ABOVE tomorrow and the day after YIPEEE! Eat your heart out, TO!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 PM

311 posts, read 1,138,077 times
So MAD! Here in boring Calgary it's only 3 degrees!!!!! I wish I was enjoying +20 weather! especially for March!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
I worked in the garden for a few hours today. I moved some humongous clumps of 8 ft high grasses. Man do those things have roots!!!!!
Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone. It was one of the nicest St. Paddy's day, weather wise I can remember.
My old bones are complaining about all that digging. I'll have to take it easy for the next week or so. LOL

Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeMan8 View Post
So MAD! Here in boring Calgary it's only 3 degrees!!!!! I wish I was enjoying +20 weather! especially for March!
So much for "Winterpeg," huh? I think Manitobans have earned the right to be a little gleeful (okay, we're as giddy as drunks about the weather) but I thought all the prairies were having an abnormally mild winter. We had very few cold spells, Christmas was basically snow-free, most of the snow we got we got in the beginning of March and it was a shock only because we really had no snow on the ground up to then. It's funny how quickly one can get used to the luxury of nice weather.

The only worry is that we had so little rain last year, and with the lack of snowfall, we're worried about a drought. But then again, that would mean no mosquitoes...

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

311 posts, read 1,138,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
So much for "Winterpeg," huh? I think Manitobans have earned the right to be a little gleeful (okay, we're as giddy as drunks about the weather) but I thought all the prairies were having an abnormally mild winter. We had very few cold spells, Christmas was basically snow-free, most of the snow we got we got in the beginning of March and it was a shock only because we really had no snow on the ground up to then. It's funny how quickly one can get used to the luxury of nice weather.

The only worry is that we had so little rain last year, and with the lack of snowfall, we're worried about a drought. But then again, that would mean no mosquitoes...
That's true. This was the warmest winter I've ever experienced in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada