U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 AM

482 posts, read 2,158,672 times

Advertisements

Anyone who's every been to Sandpoint or Priest Lake in the summer (or even NorthTown Mall in Spokane) can see that folks from the places listed below have more in common with each other than they do with folks back east. The regional media already assumes this, KSPS PBS Spokane is even listed as a Spokane/Calgary/Edmonton station and Gonzaga University even already has classes in all the major centres in Cascadia.

I'm confident if Cascadia were ever to be formed it would be the most prosperous place on earth. The sum of the different parts are greater than the different regions alone... The unrealized synergies economically, socially or even academically are huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Why the language need to be that of "takeover?" How about separation?

Greater Cascadia
----------------------
Washington
Oregon
Alaska
BC
Alberta
Saskatchewan
Yukon Terr
Montana
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wyoming
Northern Utah
Northern Nevada
North Northern California
Idaho

Total Population: 28.3 million (Canada: 9.1m; US 19.2m)
Natural Resources: Incredible
Energy: Incredible
Vibrant Cities: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake, Calgary
Nature: Incredible
Social Problems: Less than on average
Major Ports: Yes
Asia Pacific Focus: Yes
Lifestyle: Very similar
High Tech: Yes
Universities: Some very good ones.
Population Density: low
Need to spend on Military intervention abroad in countries that hate us before and after?: None

S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 PM

9 posts, read 7,227 times
Just annex Canada and tell them they are now the 51st state and then FIRE all those useless border guards

Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
I have no problem with US annexing Canada. I mean, Canada is already a lackey of the US anyway. It is not like being taken over will take away more dignity.

Canada will have a much larger market while US will have access to massive resources. And of course loser companies such as Air Canada, Rogers etc will cease to exist instantly. I will be able to order stuff for a much better price online and many people will be able to live in warmer areas with better job markets. Those who are against everything and love nothing but trees and the "environment" can all move to British Columbia.

Maybe not as one province. I don't want to be in the same province as Quebec and Atlantic Canada, where most people don't work but enjoy collecting "benefits" more than anything else. They can form one state and manage their own finances.

So BC, Alberta, Manitoba+Sask+Northern Ontario, S. Ontario, Quebec+Atlantic Canada (I don't care about the language difference, they are the same parasites for me), 5 new states. I am totally cool with that.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,152,847 times
Would you just shred your passport and move to the States already?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 PM

18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Would you just shred your passport and move to the States already?
Don't be too hard on the boticelli boy. He fell for a troll jumping on here and causing a stir with his ninth post since registering. I fell for it also in another thread he's contibuted "froth" to, over our border agents having turned him back over a criminal record or somesuch.

We'll be hearing much more from "POOR OLD MAN" I'm sure.

Last edited by BruSan; 08-07-2013 at 09:46 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 PM

30 posts, read 35,463 times
There is no point both Countries are doing fine they way it is

Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,152,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Don't be too hard on the boticelli boy. He fell for a troll jumping on here and causing a stir with his ninth post since registering. I fell for it also in another thread he's contibuted "froth" to, over our border agents having turned him back over a criminal record or somesuch.

We'll be hearing much more from "POOR OLD MAN" I'm sure.

heh...that's true. I saw your post regarding our stupid country. lol

Sorry botticelli.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 AM

18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
heh...that's true. I saw your post regarding our stupid country. lol

Sorry botticelli.
Yeah; this fellow sounds very much like someone else we've seen on here lately but whose gone AWOL the last few days.

We've now had villification towards the head capo "Lizzie" and the most lowly of minions; our border guards.

Someone's got to come on here soon to start bashing our pols or Justin Beiber at which point I'm going to find myself terribly conflicted! I'll take a page from another's routine and invent another personna so I can take an active part in those, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or