U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM

4,057 posts, read 9,104,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Strange how I have never had any of these problems in the over twenty years I've lived in Victoria...I am 73, have had pancreatitis, had my gall bladder removed, had a heart attack (I had a stent installed within two hours of the onset of the heart attack) I never have to wait more than a week for a routine appt. with my GP, and lab work, and other tests have never been a problem.....I guess I must be special, huh?
The fact that you have been there over 20 years is probably the key. There may have been more doctors availalbe then. You're lucky.

I moved there in 2004 and when I was trying to find a doctor, I asked everyone I know or met if they could refer me to their doctor and each one checked and said their doctor wasn't taking new patients. It was so frustrating. I just hated the care I got there compared to Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
BMI

7,262 posts, read 4,492,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why are you afraid of the homeless? What have they ever done to you?
Well when they're in my face beggin' that ain't cool,
thankfully not too much where I live.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:28 AM

20 posts, read 29,652 times
Have you considered Nanaimo? Far fewer tourists, a more balanced age range, less British "gentility" and better access to lots of interesting places for skiing, beachcombing, and island hopping.

Have a good move, wherever you go!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 PM

758 posts, read 806,770 times
Have you ever considered Toronto since you’re so close to it? It’d be a perfect match for your style.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 519 times
Love that Eastern Canada attitude! Where do you think you are? Why did you come here in the first place? Slow down and smell the flowers! I found a doctor in three weeks. He's great and is organizing everything. We don't keep our non-white people in specific areas - they're part of every community here. This is a small town - get over it! Victoria has always been for the newlyweds and the nearly deads. If you don't like it, I can give you directions to the ferry: drive north!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or