U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:32 AM

34,490 posts, read 41,620,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanInCanada View Post
the people are WAY more personable back home. What's up with other students not wanting to socialize before/after class? What's up with the girls totally rejecting my advances? Why does customer service suck so badly? People may hold the door open for you here and say "Pardon me" instead of "HUH?" like we do, but seriously, I'm not impressed with Canadians so far.

I'm starting to lose my patience with this place, and fast. I came here admittedly with some preconceived notions - basically a more tolerant, liberal, open-minded, compassionate, and civil populace - but I'm consistently let down with this place.
You come to Canada and want every one to socialize with you before and after school but no one wants to socialize with you?,and you expect all the girls to accept your advances?,you are consistently getting subjected to the cold shoulder when confronting Canadians?, now all Canadians fall under your negative stereo type?......

Seems to me you might come off too pushy,too bold,too used to getting your own way immediately,too demanding.Canadians might not be the problem,the problem may be your inability to adapt to social situations that require a bit more tact and diplomacy.
Unfortunate that all Canadians will be subjected to your stereotype just because a few circumstances didnt meet with your approval in downtown Toronto..
Lets hope before you return to the USA you find a group that can change your current ways of thinking about Canadians as right now your perspective needs an adjustment ..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1006032702692.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,172,350 times
Well you can all rest easy. This member quite likes Canada in some of his other incarnations. If it walks, talks and sounds like a duck . . .
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada