Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

The best Canadian show is and has always been CBC's Hockey night in Canada but but Grapes needs to go he is just crossed the line too many times and his fueds with Brian Burke and the Leafs and the snub of Vancouver have made the Coachs Corner part of the show lose it's appeal.

Anyways for those that don't know Grapes is Don Cherry and HNIC is the most poplular longest running TV show in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Balducci View Post
What shows would that be?
30 Rock had a new cast member who ws "Canadian and they poked fun of him"

How I met your mother did sketch where 2 characters were at a TIm Hortons in Toronto.

The Simpsons went to Toronto and made Canadian jokes. There was also a Simpsons episode where they were in a football stadium (?) and sang a peaceful anthem (O Canada) and waved Canadian flags instead of singing the angry Anthem (US).

There are plenty of examples. Google is your friend.

My favorite Canadian TV show: Little Mosque on the Prarie.. I miss it.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Interesting comments.
I also find it interesting how little Americans know about Canada.

For crying out loud its our neighbor and it seems like I know very little if anything about the country.

Makes me wonder if every neighboring country is as distant as canada and the us.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Interesting comments.
I also find it interesting how little Americans know about Canada.

For crying out loud its our neighbor and it seems like I know very little if anything about the country.

Makes me wonder if every neighboring country is as distant as canada and the us.
Yeah India and Pakistan
Thailand and Burma
North and south Korea

Many global examples

Old 04-21-2012, 07:00 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,280,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Balducci View Post
What shows would that be?
Family Guy as well - all the time!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
The best Canadian show is and has always been CBC's Hockey night in Canada but but Grapes needs to go he is just crossed the line too many times and his fueds with Brian Burke and the Leafs and the snub of Vancouver have made the Coachs Corner part of the show lose it's appeal.

Anyways for those that don't know Grapes is Don Cherry and HNIC is the most poplular longest running TV show in Canada.
After watching Cherry for many years he finally went off the deep end last season when he went off on a political rant trashing all Liberals as communists and labeling bicycle riders as a bunch of commie pinko tree huggers, i've never watched him since and would like to see some one else take his place, the guy is an idiot..
As for those who may want to get to know a bit more about Canada just watch CBC news.And if you want to experience some Canadian shows=
Little Mosque on the Prairie,
Corner Gas,
Trailer Park Boys,
Market Place,
W5,
This Hour has 22 Minutes

Old 04-22-2012, 02:50 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Cherry has always driven me nuts. Can't stand the guy and after that last fiasco of him going off like that with his extremist political BS I hope he gets replaced.

A few favorite Canadian shows of mine are The Nature of Things, Murdock Mysteries and Arctic Air. I enjoyed Combat Hospital when they had that on last year, I really wish they would have continued with it.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:54 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Cherry has always driven me nuts. Can't stand the guy and after that last fiasco of him going off like that with his extremist political BS I hope he gets replaced.

A few favorite Canadian shows of mine are The Nature of Things, Murdock Mysteries and Arctic Air. I enjoyed Combat Hospital when they had that on last year, I really wish they would have continued with it.

I liked J-pod before it was cancelled, Lost Girl, 18 to life, Trailer Park Boys, Monday Report and The Listener.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 PM

311 posts, read 1,138,077 times
America and Canada are almost identical to each other IN terms of Pop Culture. Canadian's watch all American show's and listen to mostly American music as well. I don't think a lot of Canadians even watch Canadian television (I do though.) Everything that's big in U.S. television is big in Canada and most Canadians watch American TV.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM

311 posts, read 1,138,077 times
A better question would be do Americans watch Canadian television?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada