U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 AM

353 posts, read 385,966 times

Advertisements

Due South was a really fun Canadian show.
Toronto stood in for Chicago and Chicago stood in for Toronto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 AM

12 posts, read 8,595 times
I used to love Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps as a kid.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 AM

1,907 posts, read 1,959,105 times
Supernatural as well.
With soundstages and green-screens, any place could pass for any place nowadays.
Only times I noticed them giving away their filming location in the show was when a Canada-Air plane flew above the Winchesters in one episode and the BC license plates of numerous background cars.

Somebody tried to even say the CN locomotive in one episode was a giveaway, but then that could also be explained as an American railroad leasing a CN power unit.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 AM

469 posts, read 162,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Somebody tried to even say the CN locomotive in one episode was a giveaway, but then that could also be explained as an American railroad leasing a CN power unit.
Canadian National also has trackage in the United States after merging several railroads, such as the Grand Trunk Western (which it owned), the Duluth, Winnipeg, and Pacific (also owned), and the Illinois Central (which was independent).

God bless,

CKB

Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,289,384 times
It's a movie, but Twilight. Filmed in Oregon and British Columbia.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM

4,885 posts, read 2,972,220 times
It seems that most of the recent made-for-TV movies that have appeared on the Lifetime and Lifetime Movienetworks are made in Canada. They all have titles that appear to be stolen from stories written for teenage girls - My Mother's Secret, My Nanny's Secret, Stalked at 17, Fugitive at 17, etc. They are all of the woman/teenage-girl-in-peril genre and are utterly predictable. There may be an American lead but every other actor/actress is Canadian. One reason they are good for occasional chuckles is that the set designers see fit to use small U.S. flags as props in the police/sheriff department settings (law enforcement is inevitably involved in the plots). I guess they do that hoping you won't notice that everyone is pronouncing their vowels as long as a country mile (the name "Holly" sounds like "Holy", etc.). I've also seen a "Pizza Pizza" restaurant in the background!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM

8,990 posts, read 4,816,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
It's a movie, but Twilight. Filmed in Oregon and British Columbia.
Also, Brokeback Mountain. It was filmed in Alberta.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,923,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The LA Complex is a Canadian produced show made by CTV with a mostly Canadian cast that was picked up by an American network. It's primarily shot on a soundstage in Toronto with some LA on location shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada